• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Good afternoon car lovers rallly

I have been looking and saving (mega hard) for about 6 months and I now hope that there is someone out there who would consider about 7k for a VX220.

I have seen some go for lower and some for higher but I do appreciate it depends on various conditions. I doubt turbos are available at this price and feel the insurance would be to high for me anyway.

My requirements : looking for one below 60k miles
: Full service history and looked after
: Really like them in black and red, but this is not essential
: Would consider CAT C OR D but will need more details

Thats about it for now, I will look forward to your responces and opinions.

Thanks to you all,

Steven Browne

#2 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

I have some viewings on mine this weekend (Europa Blue). The engine has done 40k, suspension has been replaced and the paintwork has been re-done at some point, so really the main mileage isn't a huge concern. I will let you know.

#3 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi Seb, Funny you just replied to me, I was just looking at your Blue VX220 on here! Even though I am sure you will sell this soon I am not sure I am confortable with the car milage stacking over 90k. I appreciate the replacement engine has done just 40k but the car itself has done lot more then that. Thanks again and good luck! Best regards, Steven

#4 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Even though I am sure you will sell this soon I am not sure I am confortable with the car milage stacking over 90k.

I appreciate the replacement engine has done just 40k but the car itself has done lot more then that.

That's fair enough, but you should take into consideration the condition of a car and how well it has been looked after, over the mileage. These are vectra engines, pulling half the weight they normally do and when you take into account the only areas that get large amounts of wear are the engine, suspension and bodywork, there's not much else to go wrong with these cars.

A member on here - Cliffie - has done 95k genuine miles on the same engine, and his is supercharged to 260bhp.

With these cars, it really isn't all about the mileage thumbsup

HTH

#5 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

With these cars, it really isn't all about the mileage thumbsup

:yeahthat:

We are also talking about a 10 year old car. If you take it that average mileage for cars is 10K per year this has low mileage thumbsup

#6 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

These are vectra engines, pulling half the weight they normally do and when you take into account the only areas that get large amounts of wear are the engine, suspension and bodywork, there's much else to go wrong with these cars. Seb, thanks for your helpful information provided. I will take as much as I can into consideration, I would feel absolutely gutted if I bought one of these and the car breaks down on me quickly. In general I pray that I won't get to many issue. With regards to your reply 'there's much else to go wrong with these cars'. Are you saying that I should expect more issues apart from the engine, suspension and bodywork? I have seen the close up pictures of your car, looks superb Seb! :) I saw one of these cars yesterday whizz past me, my heart skipped a beat as I hope one day ill have one of these great cars!! Regards, Steven

#7 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Sexy VX 220!

:gayfight:

Posted Image

Edited by LY055SCO, 18 May 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#8 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

With regards to your reply 'there's much else to go wrong with these cars'. Are you saying that I should expect more issues apart from the engine, suspension and bodywork?

That was a typo! I meant, there's NOT much else to go wrong! Even if you weren't interested in mine, if you were local I wouldn't have minded showing you around it.

#9 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

We are also talking about a 10 year old car. If you take it that average mileage for cars is 10K per year this has low mileage Thank you Steve, point taken pal. Trouble is with my job I can see myself doing about 22k miles a year. That means if I have a car for 3/4 years I would rack up Seb's car for over 150k. (even if the actual engine has done less I have to say the milage stacked). I think I would have trouble selling it with that sort of milage done for when I look to move on. Thank you, Steven

#10 elwill

elwill

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Sexy VX 220!

Hahaha, WTF is that?

#11 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Cheers Seb,

If you local I may just do that!

Best regards,
Steven

That pink VX220 is mental!!!!! But it's not really my style!!!! Posted Image

Think my mates would ...............:flame:

#12 batou

batou

• 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Sexy VX 220!

Posted Image

^^ That looks like an aids ridden giant moose knuckle of a pussy, with the spoiler being the clit and the doors being excess flappy labia!

Remember me Seb.F? Did you ever sell the VX? :D

#13 VX220_Magic

VX220_Magic

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

If we can try stick to the post 'Sexy VX220 wanted' that would be appreciated. Thanks, Steven

#14 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

We are!

#15 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

Remember me Seb.F? Did you ever sell the VX? :D

Oh I do indeed (Rich?), I sold the VX, bought Blaze's stupid tuned Mini for £9250, sold it about a month and a half later though as I needed something worth a little less so bought a standard TT 225 for about £4.5k, have only just sold that about a week ago and currently have 2 VXs and a 206 GTi "shed" :lol:

#16 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

If we can try stick to the post 'Sexy VX220 wanted' that would be appreciated.

Sorry, it's just how the site is, we chat at each other a lot, I'm sure our ramblings won't put off someone who is trying to sell their car though, so I wouldn't worry thumbsup

#17 batou

batou

• 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

If we can try stick to the post 'Sexy VX220 wanted' that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven

You need to define what "Sexy" is in the context of a car I think...

PS. My mate with a VX thinks the doors on that pink car are cool and practical I have therefore for the good of car enthusiasts decided to put his up for sale as a result before he ruins it! LOL! Offers...

Oh I do indeed (Rich?), I sold the VX, bought Blaze's stupid tuned Mini for £9250, sold it about a month and a half later though as I needed something worth a little less so bought a standard TT 225 for about £4.5k, have only just sold that about a week ago and currently have 2 VXs and a 206 GTi "shed" :lol:

Yea thats the one! Haha Blaze's car was mental! :D

Awesome, two NA's or still got a ludicrous tubbie?

Edited by batou, 18 May 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#18 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Yea thats the one! Haha Blaze's car was mental! :D

Awesome, two NA's or still got a ludicrous tubbie?

Two N/As at the moment, previously I had a 'ludicrous' Supercharged 2.2 :P

I need to shift about 4 cars out of the way before I can start working on my own project again though :)

#19 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Back to the OP. Mileage is no issues, it is how well the car is looked after. If you drove mine, you would never suspect it is a 95,000 mile car as it is well looked after, properly serviced and all wearing parts have been replaced and upgraded. There are few VX's that will pass it on the track and I do 100 miles a day in it. Seb is not quite accurate as I did replace the engine in the Summer of 2009 as I cooked the original 75K motor on a track day (my own fault).

#20 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

I did replace the engine in the Summer of 2009 as I cooked the original 75K motor on a track day (my own fault).

God, I'd forgotten all about that. We Bedfordian's do see to have a habit of doing that on track. :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users