• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

No news from North Walsham then? :wacko:

#3 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Nope I am thinking stage 3 it to run the engine in and then go for a proper stand alone. Will speak to the crazy French man at time attack as he seems to sell a good ecu setup and isn't that expensive just hope it has an etb

#4 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

If you're going stand-alone just fit a cable throttle. There's more choice and its so much easier!

SELL ME YOUR HARROP

#5 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

Why? What's the situation?

#6 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

I'm all setup to run the z20 ecu however no one wants to touch the engine until it's ran in so I have to wait until nicks car gets mapped so I can use his map as my base map.. But I'm getting inpatient I just want to be able to drive my Vx. Every week work are getting more and more fed up I am constantly using the van as it's costing them money in wear tear and fuel etc. I'm running out options!

#7 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Buy yourself a cheap mondeo or vectra to use as a daily hack. They can be had for a couple of hundred quid so just treat it as disposable and replace it when it breaks. If you SELL ME YOUR HARROP that should fund it for you.

#8 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

I got my astra coupe when I find the time to put an engine in it but I still got a Vx driveway ornament I would sell the whole car if someone offered me close to what it owes me. But know one is gonna buy a car that you can't drive :lol: :closedeyes: Bad day :rolleyes:

#9 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

fit a T5/7/8 ECU and I'll have a stab at it :lol:

#10 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

Make the wiring loom and get the rest of the bits and I will pay ya to do it!

#11 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

What about a swap for my vx and cash your way :lol:

#12 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Have yu fitted that spoiler? :lol:

#13 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

No havnt fitted it yet as it just sitting in my living room staring at me to get fitted :lol:

#14 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Stage 3 it, run it in and enjoy it. If you wait for the basic map you'll still have to run it in after so get that part out of the way now. BTW I've got the number of someone who fits superchargers if you want :P

#15 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

They mapped my car with zero miles on the clock after Vocky'd rebuild! Then as you know, I just ran it in gently on track :rolleyes: I'm happy to run yours in too... :)

#16 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

A proper run in is over in about 30 miles anyway..... so about 15 laps of a half decent circuit :lol: :) treat em mean keep em keen when running in.

#17 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

My latest engine was also 'run in' on a rolling road

#18 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

So why won't they let run mine in? I imagine it's because they don't have a base map for it... Too be honest not having my Vx this weekend proper annoyed me which was easily seen as I had the stropiest face in the world on Saturday :rolleyes: I'm going to speak to Jon on Tuesday, as if it's not going to be resolved soon I am going to take the car to get a standalone put on. As I can't wait any longer now. Met a guy in time attack who has his own company that fit and map either there own standalone or one you ask for. He is running his own and dominated time attack beating everything! Since then got forced into pro class and unfortunately snapped his rotrex, mapped his own car to na just before final and finished 3rd in pro!! With no SC.. Mental! So if z20 is a no go then standalone will be (awaits slindborg to slate everything I just mentioned, and u forgot the name of the ecu sorry :unsure: )

#19 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

So why won't they let run mine in? I imagine it's because they don't have a base map for it...

Too be honest not having my Vx this weekend proper annoyed me which was easily seen as I had the stropiest face in the world on Saturday :rolleyes:

I'm going to speak to Jon on Tuesday, as if it's not going to be resolved soon I am going to take the car to get a standalone put on. As I can't wait any longer now. Met a guy in time attack who has his own company that fit and map either there own standalone or one you ask for. He is running his own and dominated time attack beating everything! Since then got forced into pro class and unfortunately snapped his rotrex, mapped his own car to na just before final and finished 3rd in pro!! With no SC.. Mental!

So if z20 is a no go then standalone will be (awaits slindborg to slate everything I just mentioned, and u forgot the name of the ecu sorry :unsure: )

was is Mtech? (thats just megasquirt with a few tweaks, not enough imho and dosent do ETB)

#20 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Na not sure, he said e has a few ecu, which can either have electronic tb or cable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users