• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 05:58 PM

can any of you good people help me out. I'm really after 18 inch rims as i think that will finish the car off in the looks departement. any links or even pics to help me would be G-G-G-G-G-GREAT. ;)

#2 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 18 April 2003 - 10:46 PM

Be warned that the general consensus on this forum is that that much bigger
isn't necessarily better.

If you really want to go that way, these are specially for the VX/Speedster,
but you if you go v. wide and 18", you will have to have a steering-lock limiter to prevent fouling.

Steinmetz wheels

For more pics of big wheels, click on "Forums" and have a look under the forum "VX220 Users Gallery" N.B. not "member's" at the thread a page back form the current one, entitled "Nice Wheels".

Big generally equals more unsprung weight, lower acceleration due to increased weight, turning circle limitation, loss of steering sensitivity, lower top speed and higher fuel consumption due to increased rolling resistance. I would recommend a good search of the subject on this forum, as it has been discussed in depth in several threads.

I agree the front looks a bit naff on such skinny tyres, but the way to go is actually to a smaller diameter front wheel, i.e. 16". Lotus recommended this, but GM marketing insisted on 17" for marketing reasons.

Many of us are waiting for Ricky to get his OZ Superleggera rims, see below, on his car which is being put back together at present. These are 16" front and 17" rears and should be the best you can get for driving enjoyment with good looks.

Edited by speedyK, 18 April 2003 - 11:11 PM.

#3 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 18 April 2003 - 11:12 PM

Ricky's OZ's.

Attached Files

#4 rasputin

rasputin

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:drinking beer

Posted 19 April 2003 - 01:01 AM

yeh and we wish hed hurry up :groupjump: :groupjump:

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 19 April 2003 - 07:29 AM

...I'm the fist one agonizing.... :9mm: :9mm: :beat: :beat: the fecker at the bodyshop promised april 24..... now I'm off motorhoming for a few days in tuscany to ease the pain... :P

#6 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 05:27 PM

cheers for that speedy k, i know going bigger does nothing for the handling cause i had a pug 205 on 17's and admittedly even with the koni setup the ride and handling was definately affected towards the twitchy side. Actually reminicine, (i think i need a spell check) the old pug reminds me a lot of the vx light, tail happy, punchy ,badly bolted toghether, rattly, and insanely addictive . Sod the wheels , bring on the power ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users