Photo

Lame Girlfriend

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#41 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

And drawing a conclusion of them, based on them being a size 12, or whatever size they may actually be, is more of a reflection of the character of the person who is judging them, rather than the person who just happens to be of a certain size.

That's exactly the point.

It's bullshit like Luke's throw away comment, about her size, which makes women feel that who they are isn't good enough. It all contributes to distorted body image, insecurities and eating disorders. Personally, I think some of the sexiest people I know are the ones who are comfortable in their own skin, and their confidence radiates regardless of what size they are.

I'm pretty sure that girl would be really hurt if she ever found out she'd been the subject of this thread. And i'd ask others to consider how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot, prior to posting any pictures up.

#42 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Its all tongue in cheek though Ali in a predominantly male environment. There is always going to be someone who doesnt like what they see. But if you DONT like it then those people shouldnt look in these kinds of threads. To that end if I have actually upset you with any of my comments then I apologise and will request the mods to clean the thread up And granted it might be a throw away comment but thats just how I feel

Edited by luke., 15 November 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#43 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

As for you Ali, you have that cheesy appreciation thread I nearly vomited reading - think its safe to say s12 is considered slim by most!

Sorry if I have given the impression that I am fishing for compliments JT, that is not my intention. I'm very happy as I am, and i've never recieved any complaints before!

There's not many things which i'm very vocal about, but this is one particular topic which winds me up.

#44 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Its all tongue in cheek though Ali in a predominantly male environment. There is always going to be someone who doesnt like what they see. But if you DONT like it then those people shouldnt look in these kinds of threads.
To that end if I have actually upset you with any of my comments then I apologise and will request the mods to clean the thread up

And granted it might be a throw away comment but thats just how I feel

Edit: cba, you're an idiot.

Edited by AliM, 15 November 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#45 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

And surely you have to be attracted to them to start with..

You might have a point, But ...how then do blind people become attracted and be in relationships etc...
It is surely then possible, to be attracted to a person, other than / as well as by their looks.
If being put off a person by their dress size, or the style of their clothing, or their hairstyle (especially when it looks like they have gone to some effort, in their own way) then that suggests that their character counts for nothing.

#46 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

:lol:

#47 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

This thread, so far, seems to have become focused on one person (based on a single photo of them) and that is a real person, who is out there somewhere. That girl (amazingly) probably has feelings. They are possibly someone's girlfriend / sister / daughter. Saying that she is / was 'undesrieable' because of ...whatever reasons (especially her size!) is not so much insulting to her, it's insulting to the depth of character of whoever is judging her. The thread in general and the way people contribute to it, is perhaps the bigger character judge, rather than the possible content of it's photo(s).

#48 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

I was trying hard not to compliment! Actually if I found a thread where everyone but my ex thought I was hot id be dead pleased. This thread is dumb though, it was only started as a joke right? Get it locked.

#49 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was trying hard not to compliment!

Actually if I found a thread where everyone but my ex thought I was hot id be dead pleased.

This thread is dumb though, it was only started as a joke right? Get it locked.

Started as a joke, got diverted badly, no need to lock imho, just maybe a tidyup..... otherwise did the germans win the war? :lol:

#50 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

:yeahthat: Now where are the other pictures of honkin birds :lol: If it was an aunt agony site and i was looking for some sympathy then i would have posted up every reason why i no longer wanted to see her.. But its a car forum and a harmless bit of fun, therefore i only posted minimal facts and a picture simples :closedeyes: So should i not be welcome to post just because i don't like the way somebody looks? I can't help it if i don't like fat chicks can i?? Now can we all just get along :grouphug:

Edited by luke., 15 November 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#51 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

:yeahthat: Now where are the other pictures of honkin birds :lol:

If it was an aunt agony site and i was looking for some sympathy then i would have posted up every reason why i no longer wanted to see her.. But its a car forum and a harmless bit of fun, therefore i only posted minimal facts and a picture simples :closedeyes:

So should i not be welcome to post just because i don't like the way somebody looks? I can't help it if i don't like fat chicks can i??

Now can we all just get along :grouphug:

The point is Luke, size 12 is not fat. End of, simples.

#52 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

:yeahthat: Now where are the other pictures of honkin birds :lol:

If it was an aunt agony site and i was looking for some sympathy then i would have posted up every reason why i no longer wanted to see her.. But its a car forum and a harmless bit of fun, therefore i only posted minimal facts and a picture simples :closedeyes:

So should i not be welcome to post just because i don't like the way somebody looks? I can't help it if i don't like fat chicks can i??

Now can we all just get along :grouphug:

The point is Luke, size 10 is not fat. End of, simples.

yes I am

#53 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I can't help it if i don't like fat chicks can i??

The point is Luke, size 12 is not fat. End of, simples.

:yeahthat:

Fat is fat - you'd know it when (if) you see it.

Size 12 isn't it ...it is far from it. thumbsup

Labelling size 12 as being fat, and therefore unlikeable (even though that is your opinion) is not a fact.

ps: That is aside from posting a photo of some girl, who is not here to defend herself, not that she should even need to.

#54 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Okay guys jumping on the band wagon. Re read. Yes I did say I DONT like fat chicks.. I also did NOT say Natalie in the picture was fat. I merely stated her dress size and passed a comment about her chest. If you guys want to put 2+2 together then be my guest. But to me she isnt all that hence why I posted a pic

#55 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I don't fancy her either Luke thumbsup

#56 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

I also did NOT say Natalie in the picture was fat. I merely stated her dress size and passed a comment about her chest.

Think she has lost fair bit of weight now though

Why would you think (or hope / suggest) that then?

#57 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

you've only posted about one girl, so this statement implies you believe her to be fat.

Stop back tracking just because nobody has agreed with what you've said.

#58 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

But to me she isnt all that hence why I posted a pic

To say that on a forum, about a real person (who could easily be related to / or in a relationship with someone on here who has seen the photo) would be all the more reason not to post it.

#59 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

you've only posted about one girl, so this statement implies you believe her to be fat.

Stop back tracking just because nobody has agreed with what you've said.

Jeez Ali. You really ain't happy about Prince Harry Luke's comments. I'm kinda glad I'm not on the receiving end. Fiery red head scorned :unsure:

For what its worth (and I ain't one on here to go round throwing compliments about), but I wouldn't change anything about your figure Imnotworthy

#60 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

I also did NOT say Natalie in the picture was fat. I merely stated her dress size and passed a comment about her chest.

Think she has lost fair bit of weight now though

Why would you think (or hope / suggest) that then?

Because she text me saying check out her pictures she has lost so much weight.
Also know she is still single and she keeps badgering me to.meet up with her again.

I am not back tracking, I will openly admit I dont like fat birds. Thats my personal choice surely???
Also back to earlier I am not blind so I would never come up against this problem.

Each to there own I guess but obviously Im all alone on this one apart from Chris who agrees with me :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users