Ebay Wheel Bearings

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Has anybody tried the eBay wheel bearings out? Any good reports or horror stories. Need a pair and I am frightened what Vauxhall will charge. Autovaux an option?

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Don't remind me. Bought a set of 4 that were meant to fit the VX, which they did. Only problem was, the wheels wouldn't go back on as the centre spigot was fractionally too large. Had had them hanging around for a 3 or 4 months before finishing the suspension refresh and discovering that little chestnut so eBay seller told me to do the equivalent of FRO. Sorry, can't remember who the manufacturer was but it was some 3 character name (not SKF though).

Ended up getting a set from VauxCentre in Romford for about £60 each which fitted fine and have been fine for the last couple of years.

#3 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

Ended up getting a set from VauxCentre in Romford for about £60 each which fitted fine and have been fine for the last couple of years.

used them for odds and sods over the years, Local to Lizzie (not really romfored, bit out the way towards gallios corner) If you need anything picking up from there let me know

#4 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

Vauxhall charge approx £170 each! I replaced one hub with an autovaux and that's fine, the one I used from Vauxcentre last year is throwing an abs fault code although the wiring appears ok both visually and with a meter. Will be going to Autovaux this time.

#5 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

i have an ebay one on mine, it fit properly but the bolts were slightly different so we had to reuse the old ones.

#6 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

I've had some of the ones with the larger spigot which I just turned down. been fine for the last 2 years. I've also had two autovaux ones. Again these are fine but if you have the ducatti-senna brake cooling kit the traingle shape of the bearing is different so the shrouds dont fit.

#7 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Eurocarparts have a couple of options, Orbis Wheel Bearing Kit (Front) Part No.: 628720121 , (use WINTER25 discount code) including VAT and delivery £62.95 each http://www.eurocarpa...-hub/?628720121

#8 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

Has anybody tried the eBay wheel bearings out? Any good reports or horror stories. Need a pair and I am frightened what Vauxhall will charge.

Autovaux an option?

This for your car? You're thinking of spending a grand on a weekend, yet would risk that to save £50 on a bearing? They're performance and safety critical items, buy the best.

(That said, I know SKF are BMW OE, so as long as I can open the box and confirm they are SKF bearings in the hub, I will buy from anywhere. I guess it is knowing you have bought quality. SKF bearings will last a season. I've seen spurious ones fail catastrophically after one session.)

#9 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

Not looking to cheapskate at all, just looking for supply options and I didn't know if an eBay special was SKF or not.

#10 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

I could do with one as an abs sensor wire as broken right next to the hub, I tries melting the plastic coating to connect the wire again but didn't work fo me

#11 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

I could do with one as an abs sensor wire as broken right next to the hub, I tries melting the plastic coating to connect the wire again but didn't work fo me

You can prise the sensor off an old hub then replace yours. If you do this any old veccy hub would do.

#12 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

astra G hub uses the same hub as the vx220 thumbsup the vectra B does not use this type of hub and not sure about the vectra C

Edited by vocky, 20 December 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#13 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

You can prise the sensor off an old hub then replace yours. If you do this any old veccy hub would do.

I have a used hub here Nick, you are welcome to it.

#14 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Great do you know if it comes off easy?

I have a used hub here Nick, you are welcome to it.

Thanks Mike, yes please

#15 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

In the boot for you nick, one in bits so you can see how it works and one intact.

#16 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

New from Autovaux for 61 plus VAT each with bolts, happy with that.

#17 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

the bearing is ok just the abs sensor, will speak to you later Mike, cheers

#18 hutchy

hutchy

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Are they hard to switch or just a case of the 3 bolts in behind holding them in?

#19 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Just a case of three very tight and very rusty bolts, you need good tools. The rear is complicated by needing to knock the driveshaft out.

#20 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

. The rear is complicated by needing to knock the driveshaft out.

The fun bit :saw: :saw:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users