Retro Arcade

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:48 AM

Add: Simon Baker

#123 Valentine

Valentine

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:01 AM

Not had time to read all 7 pages but just had my first experience of the ABS cutting in inappropriately .. dry road , uneven surface, coming up to a roundabout. ABS cut in and wouldn't switch off. Very scary so please add my support for anything thats going to get the ABS issue addressed.

#124 trescoman

trescoman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Interests:Retirement ASAP, <br>Driving<br>Carp fishing<br>Football<br>kids

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:10 AM

Added my name earlier, in support of the experiences some of the guy's had go wrong. At that time I had never experienced any problems. Now I can join the "WTF” ABS club, a car that apparently didn't see me (daylight with my lights, as always, on), pulled out from a junction :beat: , I hit the brakes, dry road, bumpy surface...shiiiiiiiiiiite :o , thought I'd never stop :unsure: chinky chinky Bob Bridges

#125 Hummel

Hummel

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:59 AM

Hello, Jim Cross asked yesterday for our problems with the ABS. I have a 2.2 1,5 year old. The ABS steering is changend 6 weeks ago againts the modern version. 3 Weeks ago I was in the Alps on the way to Timmeljoch (austria). On the second left turn ( I was not slow), I want to break, but the break is getting verry hard and work verry bad, so the Ground is comming verry fast to us, this was a verry unhappy moment in my life -belife me. I have to give the break free and than it works, but there was verry less space to the ground. The conditions of this Day : morning and cold, but dry. I was driven the car this morning about 25 miles, and 5 Minutes befor I have to pass a streetwork with bad ground conditions. In moment,I think about, to drive without ABS, because the problem is, if the ABS now not work the break is working verry bad. And so no ABS no bad working Break. And the Elise drivers have to drive all the time without ABS. This is more bad, than driving with a good working ABS, but much better than driving with a break you dont now at what Time it dousen´t work. I think this was the longest Letter in english the last 25 years.so please be cool with my mistakes. greetings from Germany Hummel

#126 mbl240

mbl240

• 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

Hello togehter, hello Jim I totaly agree to your letter even if the ABS problems reduced a little at my 2.2 (built 2001) through mounting the ATS wheels with tires which have perhaps a better grip than the original. Please add my signature to the letter, hoping for good results and please excuse my english knowlage. Markus Bleich (GER)

#127 MarkH

MarkH

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:17 PM

Hummel, just for an experiement at the weekend, I removed the ABS fuse from my VXT. I found the results interesting. I felt much more confident breaking over bumps/potholes/manhole covers/gravel knowing that no ABS would cut in. That was fine. But I did find it quite easy to lock up the fronts. On a warm, dry day it didn't take much to get the front tyres screetching along! Sounded impressive, but not great for actually slowing down. Of course, the big problem was that I had no speedo :lol: so couldn't stay like this for long... It still comes back to the need for a "proper" system! One that cuts in only when it needs to.

#128 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:01 PM

I think we should send this letter now. thumbsup

#129 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

OK John, please lock the thread, and I will take the names as they are now. I'll try to get it printed up tonight, and send it off in the morning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users