2002 Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5 Phoenix Special Edition

Long shot but a lovely car!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 euanmilne

euanmilne

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Track days.... going sideways!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

Right everyone, I know its not a VX and this is probably the worst time of year to do this for a good price, but am selling my Mx5.

Details:

Its a 2002 Mk2.5 Phoenix Special Edition 1.6 in Grey Mica Metallic. There were 1200 of these specials made, with some lovely bespoke options on top of the standard car. Mine is on an '02' plate with 95k miles. And has the most comprehensive service history of a modern car i've seen in a long time! Has 11 service stamps from a main Mazda dealer, and only has one previous elderly owner. It has 6 months tax and the MOT is into next year, will check the paperwork for an exact date. There are lots of really rough Mk2's doing the rounds just now but this one really is nice. Its my third Mx5, and first Mk2, and have been really impressed with the extra qualities on top of the Mk1. Is a much nicer place to be for long journeys and motorway driving but still keeping the fun of the older cars.

Bodywork

The bodywork is original Grey Mica Metalic, which is in very good condition. The sills are in very good condition and the rain channels have been cleaned regularly from new to prevent this. I have added JDM red reflectors to the rear and clear indicators on the wings to freshen it up. The roof is in mint condition and has no leaks and includes the heated glass rear screen.

Interior

The inside is what really sets this car apart. Its trimmed in Sienna brown leather, including heated seats, two tone Nardi steering wheel and door cards. It also has aluminium heater vent bezels and dash trims. This model saw the introduction of the new modular audio system and the Phoenix included a CD upgrade and two extra speakers as found in the higher spec 1.8iS models. This gives a great sound even at motorway speeds with the roof off. It also comes with passenger and driver airbags, as well as central locking and a factory fitted alarm and immoboilser.

Mechanical/Chassis

Mechanically the car is in great condition. The 1.6 engine is sweet as a nut and revs very freely. Its completely original specification and is running on the lightweight 15" Enkei alloys. It also comes with ABS and power steering as you would expect.

Price

Given into consideration the spec and very good overall condition of the car and what ive been seeing similar going through at auction and selling online for. I think an asking price of £2495 is fair. Though I am advertising to sell so would consider offers or part exchange deals. Feel free to PM me, or can answer texts at 07808761286 or emails at em177@hw.ac.uk.
Cheers, Euan

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'm interested. Where are you based? +PMed

#3 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

I'm interested.

Where are you based?

+PMed

Judging by the heriot watt email address and what looks like Carnoustie golf club he's either Edinburgh or Dundee area. thumbsup

#4 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Lovely example thumbsup

#5 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

and the SB02 number plate ties in with that...

#6 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Lovely example thumbsup

Does look like a nice one doesn't it?

Good luck with the sale Euan.

#7 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

2.5k will get one one like that now will it? Blimey.

#8 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

That is a cracking looking car for the money. A quick search on autotrader doesn't return cars as nice at that age or as cheap. http://www2.autotrad...x/sort/priceasc Good luck with the sale. chinky chinky

#9 james12345

james12345

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

pretty good for a hairdressers car :P

#10 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

OK interesting feedback, without naming where I work, tell me why we can't shift a 2003/53 1 owner from new MX-5 S-VT Sport 91500 miles priced @ £2995 with a 3 month warranty?

#11 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

It's not advertised on here :P

#12 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

Because:- a) It's Winter b ) You have an aggravated sales approach, in which you grumpily harass potential buyers c) Half of the car has fallen off d) It's that horrendous vomit colour. (Silver) e) Its an unrepairable Cat-A shell since the unfortunate Panzer accident. f) The previous owner is a well known poedofile g) All of the above. Vote now.

Edited by JohnTurbo, 30 December 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#13 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

OK interesting feedback, without naming where I work, tell me why we can't shift a 2003/53 1 owner from new MX-5 S-VT Sport 91500 miles priced @ £2995 with a 3 month warranty?

Having done a quick search and I've found it...

On Autotrader it's listed with a 12m warranty :D (I think? See below)

Also, wording could be better... "Screen price normally includes a 12 Month warranty, 10 Months+ MOT test, and a pre-delivery service. £2,995" So the screen price "normally" includes but doesn't always include?

Also, the pics aren't very good. Not enough of them and not decent quality.
The hood for example, good/bad, clean? Can't tell from pics.

#14 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'd bet the 'Screen Price' isn't £2995?

#15 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Also, wording could be better... "Screen price normally includes a 12 Month warranty, 10 Months+ MOT test, and a pre-delivery service. £2,995" So the screen price "normally" includes but doesn't always include?

Found it too I think. And the pic you have advertised it with shows a screen price of £4,995!

That alone might put interested buyers off. You advertise on Autotrader at £2,995 yet show a pic with a screen price of £4,995. I've had this happen to me many years ago when I went to look at a car based on an advertised price, only to be told when I arrived that it was a printing error and the true price was more. A crafty way of getting people to at least look at the car. Not saying this is the tactic you're using 2Good, but it could be a reason you're not getting footfall on this car.

#16 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

See my post. Web price is effectively the real price. Very common practice.

#17 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Yes, I think you've found it :P
For £9.50/week +VAT we only get to display 4 pictures on Autotrader, if you go to our own website there are more. The pictures look fine on my screen here at work, the word normally was used because we again aren't allowed an awful lot of space by Autotrader to explain that cars under £3k come with a 3 month warranty.

The hood's fine

#18 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

It was £4995, but isn't anymore!

#19 euanmilne

euanmilne

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Track days.... going sideways!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Wow wasn't expecting that response when I logged in this morning with a new year hangover! So firstly happy new year everyone! thumbsup Im based in Edinburgh, the pictures were taken in Carnoustie when I was up visiting my parents for christmas as they live up that part of the world. I have a few PM's ill try reply to everyone as soon as possible, and for those asking for roof up pics ill get them asap. The roof is in great condition, no tears or marks etc, looks to be a well looked after origional. And has no leaks or condensation. Also comes with a heated glass rear screen. Cheers, Euan

#20 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Looks like a nice car for somebody. thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users