• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Has anyone reead the description!!! I hope the product is better than the description

join the fuoc'ers club

#22 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Tomorrow? :lol:

#23 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Has anyone reead the description!!! I hope the product is better than the description

Italians for you :P

The datasheet is pretty convincing.

#24 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

1 - JG :P 2 - Techieboy 3 - Siztenboots ( also had a look at the 13b ) 4 - ChrisS1 5 - vocky 6 - Hark 7 - Haggi961 8 - Bargi 9 - 5oc 10 - Sutol

Edited by Sutol, 17 May 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#25 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Go on then. 1 - JG :P 2 - Techieboy 3 - Siztenboots ( also had a look at the 13b ) 4 - ChrisS1 5 - vocky 6 - Hark 7 - Haggi961 8 - Bargi 9 - 5oc 10 - Sutol 11. CocoPops

#26 T VXT

T VXT

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

1 - JG :P 2 - Techieboy 3 - Siztenboots ( also had a look at the 13b ) 4 - ChrisS1 5 - vocky 6 - Hark 7 - Haggi961 8 - Bargi 9 - 5oc 10 - Sutol 11- cocopops 12- T VXT I'll take one, better safe than sorry. JG will you PM when you want the funds sending across? Cheers

Edited by T VXT, 17 May 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#27 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Italians for you :P

The datasheet is pretty convincing.

Mangiafuoco®:The environmentally-safe fire suppressant 8B

The flame suppressant Mangiafuoco® is a manual, portable extinguisher with remarkable
extinguishing capability. It is non-toxic and environmentally safe.
Mangiafuoco® is a small, compact, lightweight cylinder that is 10 inches long, 1.2 inches in
diameter and 0.6 pounds in weight. The upper part of the device is a metal tube containing the
extinguishing charge. The lower part of the device is composed of plastic and serves as a
support handle.
When activated, the powerful extinguishing charge produces a potassium (aerosol) jet that
lasts more than 50 seconds. This activation time is very long, especially when compared to
industry standards. The following shows industry standard minimum charge times for fire
extinguishers of different weights:

Product specifications
Compared to the new generation of fire extinguishers available on the market today,
Mangiafuoco® is not only efficient, economical and environmentally safe but also distinct in its
specific use of Potassium powder as the basis of its extinguishing power.
Mangiafuoco® is composed of stable, solid minerals; it does not contain gas and is not
pressurized. The aerosol-like jet is only produced when the charger is “scratched” with its base.

While the jet produced resembles gas, it is essentially an inert salt that emits gas that is already
present in the atmosphere. Thorough testing has been conducted, and the results regarding the
potential impact of the product on the environment and users are excellent:
  • ODP Ozone Depletion Potential = zero
  • GWP Global Warming Potential = zero
  • ATL Atmospheric Life Time = zero
  • Not dangerous to human health
  • Does not product any “organic accumulation”
  • Non-toxic
  • Environmentally safe
  • Non-corrosive
Technical specifications:
The use of a Potassium powder jet – a unique method among fire extinguishers – involves the
vaporization of the powder in the environment followed by the condensation of its extinguishing
substance. Mangiafuoco® works by interrupting a fire’s chain of reaction (the “auto-catalyst” of
the fire). This method allows Mangiafuoco® to extinguish all types of fires through a saturation
process. Furthermore, its slow bio-degradation in the environment furthers the prevention of
subsequent fires.
The extinguishing process involves two different reactions: one is physical and the other
one is chemical.
The physical reaction relates to Potassium’s tendancy to oxidize rapidly in air. When in contact
with air, alkaline salts consume great quantities of oxygen, thus depriving fires of oxygen. The
granulometry of Mangiafuoco® has been specially conceived to maximize its fire extinguishing
capabilities.

The chemical reaction is created through the stable link between Potassium particles and the
fire’s combustion particles. Through the two reactions, a quick oxidation process takes place, immediately transforming the
jet from a solid state into a gaseous state which frees the potassium particles. These atoms are
able to intercept and interrupt any other free particles produced by the fire’s chain reaction
combustion process. Potassium has strong inhibitor qualities, due to its weak ionization
energies.

Classification:
Mangiafuoco® is able to extinguish fires of different classes:
Class A: Solid material, ordinary combustibles, such as wood, paper, cloth, etc.
Class B: Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, oil based paints, solvents, alcohol, acetone,
etc.
Class C: Gaseous category: Gas, methane, ect.

Safety of use
The two components necessary for the ignition of Mangiafuoco® are placed on opposite ends of
the device, rendering accidental ignition during transport and storage impossible. The first
component, a dry round area, is protected by a lid, and is at the top of the product. The second
component, inserted as a cap in the handle is a scratchable head piece made out of phosphorous.

Technical Data
Dimensions: 250 mm x 30 mm (approximately 10 inches long x 1.2 inches across)
Weight: 270 grams (approximately 0.6 pounds)
Jet emission time: 50 seconds
Activation time: Immediate
Usability temperature From minus 60 degrees Celsius to 160 degrees Celsius
Usability humidity: up to 98% U.R.
Class of fires: A, B and C
Granulometry: from 2 to 4 microns
Electric conductibility: none
Corrosiveness: none
Electrostatic discharge: none
Steam: none
Thermal shock: none
Residue after use: negligible

Reliability and key benefits
Given that the product has an unlimited guarantee, it is not pressurized, it is not dangerous and
does not need to be checked or maintained. Its being lightweight and compact makes it very
practical and easy to use, by any one in most circumstances. Furthermore, the fact that it does
not leave any residue means that it can be used in almost any environment and under any
conditions (home, office, automotive, nautical, in door, outdoor etc…).

#28 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

That's a good price, I wish this happened a year or so ago before I got my Sparco one!

What are you doing about fixing brackets JG?

You should get quite a sturdy plastic pinch bracket in the box. It seems to do the job well scrugging off knocks and allowing a bit of side to side movement yet still holding it securly as it takes quite a tug to remove it. I have screwed mine to the floor by the passenger seat so it is within easy reach. You can just see it on mine in the pic below -

Posted Image

#29 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

found this on youtube thumbsup

#30 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I don't think it will come with a bracket :) Well, lets make that assumption until they arrive. I plan to use a velcro strap as Matt said.

#31 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I don't think it will come with a bracket :) Well, lets make that assumption until they arrive. I plan to use a velcro strap as Matt said.

Pretty sure it will, everything on mine is identical to the alternatively branded ones apart from the colour and a sticker chucked in the box. You can see the bracket you should get more clearly in that video.

#32 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

You're probably right. :) But i don't want to disapoint anyone.

#33 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

JG will you PM when you want the funds sending across?

I'll just stick a link in here :)

Let me get them here first, i'll take the risk on that, you can never be too sure with Italians :P

#34 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Can probably ask them to add another half box, if anyone else want them. :) Depending upon any changes to the shipping costs that may make them fractionally cheaper :)

#35 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

ill have one thanks

#36 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

1 - JG :P 2 - Techieboy 3 - Siztenboots ( also had a look at the 13b ) 4 - ChrisS1 5 - vocky 6 - Hark 7 - Haggi961 8 - Bargi 9 - 5oc 10 - Sutol 11- cocopops 12- T VXT 13 - Robin 14 - kieranmcc

#37 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

How long are you going to run this list for James? Any deadline? G

#38 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm probably going to have to buy 18 so there will be a couple of spares (at the moment) :) thumbsup

#39 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

10 inches long? 1.2 inches in diameter? What are you wronguns buying here?

#40 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

:lol: You know you want one, even though we don't want to know what you're going to do with it :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users