66 replies to this topic

#41 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I didn't mean crash. Blowing it up is scary enough but crashing is horrible. Mines really good, best its ever been! Nothing booked trackwise this year now which is depressing but im doing the highland hoon in may and don't want to brake it before hand. Ill get plenty in before the end of the year as long as my rods survive. Still running the Apexi with regular checks of the intake pipe. Very impressed by it as it gave me genuine gains and judging by how clean my pipework is its working. Don't believe everything you read on here ;) . Looking at the state of Nevs HKS filter theres reason to be worried about some filters.

#42 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Chris, if you need cheap methanol, there is a place north of Bristol I bought mine from. As I remember (4 years ago now), it was approx 50p per litre, so long as you bought it in large amounts. Thats 33% the price of a litre of petrol, so very good value. I think they were called Cotswold Chemicals or somesuch. You need to make it clear that it will be used as a coolant (rather than a fuel) otherwise they slap the government fuel tax on it the same as petrol.

Edited by Nev, 29 March 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#43 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Is your car up and running Chris? How do you find it, exciting ?! LOL

#44 chrisgold

chrisgold

pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

#45 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Nice!

#46 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Is your car up and running Chris? How do you find it, exciting ?! LOL

:huh:    Not going as fast as I had planned, as you can see from the GT28 being on my laptop........  Only about a year or more late......  Its just been locked in a shed since I built it up and posted the last pics, ive not even run it in.....

Its actually in the bodyshop atm having some wide arches fitted for the bigger wheels, so should have some new pics soon.

Running standard Injectors, a standard turbo and a standard file, It needed 30% more fuel just to run the AFR's into the 12's..... Thirsty little bugger with the overbore.

Then once I finally do get round to doing 1000-1500 miles with it on the standard map then will put the 650cc injectors and Garrett GT28 on and new exhaust. Then map.

So dare I say it, it will be finished soon......... :borg:

Oh some new mirrors going on it too, little F1 style ones

Posted Image

#47 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the update. Keep plugging away. Even 10 minutes driving can be enough payback for 25 hours of grinding away to make it all work!

#48 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the update. Keep plugging away. Even 10 minutes driving can be enough payback for 25 hours of grinding away to make it all work!

haha or a year for a few hours on track :ninja:

#49 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

I seem to have gained 80kg...... :huh:  Im guessing its down to the full tank of fuel, full tanks of water/meth, full tank of Nos and the bigger wheels and tyres....

Posted Image

Sneaky pic
Posted Image 

ahhh here we go here is one of the whole car
Posted Image

Been a long time since ive seen it without stickers.

Well anyways, the update is - its in having a new stainless 3.25 exhaust made up atm. Not long now :)

#50 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Still running no intercooler? Looks loads better now it's stickerless!

Edited by The Batman, 21 August 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#51 Asheey

Asheey

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Women and Beer.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Looking good! !

#52 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Looking sweet Chris. TA next year maybe?

#53 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Still running no intercooler?

Looks loads better now it's stickerless!

Thanks, yeh it does look nice I always wanted the ears silver. It still has MMG across the rear wing.

I had the windscreen surround sprayed the same as the car, but then i had to change the windscreen for the MOT.. doh!

The only other sticker going on will be my "2012 Time Attack" Sun visor hahah :blush:

Looking good! !

:) :tt:

Looking sweet Chris. TA next year maybe?

Would love to would love love love to!  :wub:  Ive started up my own tuning company in my county, its the only one, so im flat out atm, but its a possibility if ive got the cash/ time. Will have to see I guess.

My company has actually just started doing a bit with the company that make the Marcos, they make them just down the road from me. Maybe you will be up against one of these in the time attack instead :D  If I could afford one! 
its 840kg and there will be a 3.6 litre twin turbo 550bhp option.... yummy!

Posted Image

Edited by chrisgold, 21 August 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#54 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Golly, 880 Kg for a VXT with extra bits is good, Nipper was 940 KG last time I had him corner weighted with 1/3 tank of fuel.

#55 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Golly, 880 Kg for a VXT with extra bits is good, Nipper was 940 KG last time I had him corner weighted with 1/3 tank of fuel.

Well yeh I weighed it ages ago at 800kg, but forgot to take pics and nobody believed me haha, N/A with Tubby engine is lighter than a Tubby I guess  :blush: 

940 is still good tho! Standard one must weigh more than that, anyone weighed a standard one?

Posted Image

#56 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

I struggle to believe your car was 800 KG TBH, how could it have been that much lower than anyone else's, maybe the scales threw a wobbly?

I believe a normal VXT is 930 KG (with 90% fluids), if Nipper had a full petrol tank he'd be more line 965 Kg at a guess, so he is quite a bit heavier than he used to be, which maybe partly accounts for why he feels less nimble than when he was 895 Kg.  :blush:

#57 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

I struggle to believe your car was 800 KG TBH, how could it have been that much lower than anyone else's, maybe the scales threw a wobbly?   I believe a normal VXT is 930 KG (with 90% fluids), if Nipper had a full petrol tank he'd be more line 965 Kg at a guess, so he is quite a bit heavier than he used to be, which maybe partly accounts for why he feels less nimble than when he was 895 Kg.  :blush:

The answer is in the picture. Weighbridge's can be out by 20-40kgs if not regularly calibrated.

#58 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

I struggle to believe your car was 800 KG TBH, how could it have been that much lower than anyone else's, maybe the scales threw a wobbly?   I believe a normal VXT is 930 KG (with 90% fluids), if Nipper had a full petrol tank he'd be more line 965 Kg at a guess, so he is quite a bit heavier than he used to be, which maybe partly accounts for why he feels less nimble than when he was 895 Kg.  :blush:

The answer is in the picture. Weighbridge's can be out by 20-40kgs if not regularly calibrated.

it is calibrated regularly.  Don't all be jealous of my light weight N/A with a tubby engine ;)  

#59 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

interesting that the z20let can be fitted with the NA clam , with a racey intake manifold you get even more clearance to the boot.

its a bit of a worry about the fuel duty needing +30% trim just for an overbore, that sounds more like an air leak somewhere. what is the cc with the overbore now?

#60 chrisgold

chrisgold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

interesting that the z20let can be fitted with the NA clam , with a racey intake manifold you get even more clearance to the boot.

its a bit of a worry about the fuel duty needing +30% trim just for an overbore, that sounds more like an air leak somewhere. what is the cc with the overbore now?

Yeh sorry forgot to update that, turned out to be a dodgy MAF giving low readings, thus under fuelling Yeh fits lovely in an N/A clam :) Was going to take her for a spin thismorning, just noticed my tax has run out today  :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users