• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

So this week I was watching a set of wheels for a Saab 9000 on ebay, which slowly crept up to £100 but didn't meet their reserve, and were quikcly re-listed with a buy it now price. Anyway, I originally expected them to fetch over £500 at least, due to their size, condition and the tyres that are fitted. So when they popped up again at a BIN of only £250 I was dumfounded. I expected it to be a mistake, a listing error or simply be a price referring to one rim only, not all four. I checked the listing, it didn't specifically say there was four, but it did refer to wheels plural not singular. Tried ringing the seller, but it's a business and they'd gone home for the day. Not wanting to miss out on what I think may be the deal of the century I pushed aside my guilt and worry and hit the BIN button and paid with Paypal there and then. Sure they're up in Scotland, and need collecting, and this makes set No3 of 9000 rims for me, and we're currently haemmoraging money into the extension and work is looking a bit iffy for me. As I said Naomi WILL kill me (when I pluck up the courage to tell her). Which will have to be before the 1st of December, since as luck would have it we're going to be less than 5miles away from the wheels' location for a friends wedding - that's the collection sorted at least. http://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc So yup, that's a set of nearly new, 18inch Team Dynamics (8J wide) specifically designed for the Saab 9000 in black with a set of nearly new Yoko Advan AO48s on them for a grand total of £250... :wub: If only I could find a set of ATS DTC's for the VX at such a silly price. G

#2 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

can a 9000 make use of them , I can only compare to driving the NG900 and its not a drivers car.

#3 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

You use A048's on a Saab? ;) Bargain for sure. Wouldn't have known they were 4-stud fitment. Would have been able to help with collection but a bit too far from me...

#4 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Saab arn't silly enough to sell a car with a wheel size that needs tyres specially made for it, which for many (myself including) means there is a real need to change alloys on a VX, whereas most people are content with standard wheels on a saab because they can get a wide range of tyres Good deal though, I guess owning a VX puts other car costs into perspective.

#5 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

can a 9000 make use of them , I can only compare to driving the NG900 and its not a drivers car.

In theory, absolutely. These wheels have an identical silver set sat on the sellers 9000, with 500+bhp.
Mine is 'only' around 300hp, but has LSD and will hopefuly have some refreshed suspension. Up until this year I had a share in a 9000 track car running on track tyres and they certainly make a difference on the circuit. Don't think I'll be doing any serious track work in this car, but it has already done a few laps of Spa this year - in fact that was when we saw you and Techie at the Eurotunnel.

You use A048's on a Saab? ;) Bargain for sure. Wouldn't have known they were 4-stud fitment. Would have been able to help with collection but a bit too far from me...

Yup, pre GM stuff was four stud. No worries on collection, we're going to a wedding at Carberry Tower first weekend in December. Had thought about flying, but will drive and pick them up now instead.

Saab arn't silly enough to sell a car with a wheel size that needs tyres specially made for it, which for many (myself including) means there is a real need to change alloys on a VX, whereas most people are content with standard wheels on a saab because they can get a wide range of tyres

Good deal though, I guess owning a VX puts other car costs into perspective.

Yup, I reckon £62.50 for 18inch rims and nearly new AO48's has to be a bit of a steal really.

#6 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Having shared Snetterton with the Neo Bros and a pair of Saabs that looked just like they had finished a round of btcc , I can respect what can be done with them.

#7 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I nearly crapped myself when they wheeled those two 9-3's out of the transporter. I thought we'd somehow managed to sign ourselves up to a BTCC test day.

#8 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

I nearly crapped myself when they wheeled those two 9-3's out of the transporter. I thought we'd somehow managed to sign ourselves up to a BTCC test day.

Yup Neo's car's aren't half bad.

This may not be to everyone's taste, but they're nearing the end of building a 96 and 9-3SS Hybrid

Project thread here http://www.uksaabs.c...hp?f=35&t=77886

Should be pretty mental when it makes it onto track

#9 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Those B207's get around, don't they? :lol:

#10 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Indeed, I'd be keen to build one up for a VX given someone wanted one. I wonder how much abuse their normal gearboxes can take...

#11 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

f40 gearbox , heavy , heavy is good, heavy is reliable

#12 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

doesn't fit on the VX though from memory

#13 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

You can always throw it at them...

#14 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

doesn't fit on the VX though from memory

Interfere's with the subframe from what I've been able to gleen, although no further info than that..

#15 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

What a mess that 96 is. They can't weld and the result is filer everywhere. :sick:

#16 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

What a mess that 96 is.

They can't weld and the result is filer everywhere.

:sick:

Knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. To be honest I think it's been overdone, would have been better looking like a slightly tweaked 96 rather than the be-winged shell it is now.

Still James, look how damn shiny my new wheels are - that must be worth a JG point or two? :tt:

G

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ebay, Saab, Bargain, Naomi WILL kill me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users