Swap For My 06 Jdm Sti Hawkeye?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

true but it could still pull it, but I wouldnt advise it.

#22 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

heres the spec 61,000ml but not sure how much is in km vf37 twin scroll turbo (one of the best around and will handle over 400bhp atw) big port avcs heads hot cams jdm subaru forged pistons semi closed deck engine block nitrided forged crank exedy clutch kit ssvq dumpvalve ast dg equal length headers 6speed gear box with shorter ratios dccd xeaon headlights spec c exhaust system with miltek down pipe and center section k&n induction kit equal branch manifold central diff controller bluetooth kit sat nav bridgestone potenzas all round ps this car is 350 @tw meaning over 400fw so it shifts alright.

Edited by thor12, 08 December 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#23 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

have been asked by astravxr if I want to swap, does anybody know his car?

#24 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

No way

#25 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

just doing a bit of back ground checking before I decide. The car looks clean enough.

#26 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

its fine if you like your car different shades of black (mixture of flat black 2QU (the Na colour) and Metalic 2HU (the turbo black and sometimes coded 28U)). But then, i'm sure he'll have told you about that thumbsup.

#27 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

its fine if you like your car different shades of black. But then, i'm sure he'll have told you about that thumbsup/>.

Sorry to be an arse JG, but have you seen the car, or is that just conjecture based on his vociferous attitude to some of us on here?

The guy did manage to rub many of us up the wrong way with his initial attitude and comparisons to the AstraVXR, but I can think of a list of people (myself included) who's attitude stinks, but that is not necessarily a reflection on the condition of their car.

#28 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

different shades of black! like carbon bits or different coloured body panels? I have some pics of the car but cant really tell as they pics are to shinny. May need to photo edit them.

#29 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Actually i was trying to avoid any comment on his attitude, and make a comment on the car only since that was the question asked and i would like to be told if i posted the same question:) I haven't seen the car in the metal, but it is painfully obvious that some parts are flat black and others metalic. Astravxr has himself admitted it isn't quite right, but that it doesn't bother him. And that is absolutely fine, but it might bother someone else and therefore worth pointing out :)

#30 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

some discussion about it here: http://www.vx220.org...hardtop-fitted/

#31 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

cheers for the link, picks look good, not sure what I could do with the colour difference. Engine mechanics is the main thing though as thats the bit I'm sh*t at :rolleyes:/> so if anybody knows the car can you give me some un biased opinions please p.s Ive asked him some questions on the car with no reply hence why I pester you lot ;)/> I have an older gentlemen whose just retired and wanting my car in exchange for his 535d which is a bit more expensive. Id rather swap directly or sell to get my vxturbo rather than take another p/x only to sell that as well but I reckon Im running out of time now. Maybe I'll swap my way up to my dream car

Edited by thor12, 11 December 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#32 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Try pming SteveA as I think he saw it once(?) I could be wrong.

#33 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Try pming SteveA as I think he saw it once(?) I could be wrong.

I believe he has, and his comments were pretty positive.

#34 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

shall do, cheers. Also had some interest from another black vxturbo owner but he comes across as pretty rude through emails. I am forgetting about that one but astravxrs looks decent and stage 2 as well which Im after. I have plans :D

#35 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

shall do, cheers. Also had some interest from another black vxturbo owner but he comes across as pretty rude through emails. I am forgetting about that one but astravxrs looks decent and stage 2 as well which Im after. I have plans :D/>

I simply don't get it either. If someone wants to sell or swap a car what good does being rude do?

Hope you get sorted one way or another and don't have to keep swapping your way up, as the more cars you go through to get there, the greater the risk of happening upon a problem child that is a bastard to shift / receiver your losses on... though I would suspect a 535d should be easier to shift on, due to the ever increasing full prices - plenty of guts, but fair economy.

#36 astravxr

astravxr

Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

bloody hell some people are just full on dick heads. I only asked about a swap as I was thinking of a bigger car but as I can see where this will lead to with "his car is this and that" im not going to bother. Not being funny but I love my car and when there's a problem like most people get with these cars, I fix it. The car actually looks better in the flesh than what it does in the pictures. Yeah there's two colours on the car which wasn't done by me! The front end and doors is original and the back clam is a very slightly different black but you can only tell in certain lights like in a petrol station but even then it doesn't look "wrong". Not something I've worried about. The way I bought the car with all the problems, cracked manifold etc etc I changed to a vxr turbo, I be fixed everything and made it look perfect to the way I want it

#37 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

bloody hell some people are just full on dick heads. I only asked about a swap as I was thinking of a bigger car but as I can see where this will lead to with "his car is this and that" im not going to bother. Not being funny but I love my car and when there's a problem like most people get with these cars, I fix it. The car actually looks better in the flesh than what it does in the pictures. Yeah there's two colours on the car which wasn't done by me! The front end and doors is original and the back clam is a very slightly different black but you can only tell in certain lights like in a petrol station but even then it doesn't look "wrong". Not something I've worried about. The way I bought the car with all the problems, cracked manifold etc etc I changed to a vxr turbo, I be fixed everything and made it look perfect to the way I want it

Don't react too quickly fella... As I said above, conjecture about a car without seeing it in the flesh is unfair hence my challenge to JG. However throwing your teddy out the cot isn't going to help matters now or in the future. If a swap to a bigger car like the Scooby would work for you then continue to discuss with Thor and allow him to view and quantify his own view on your car and go from there.

Edited by Mangham54, 12 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#38 thor12

thor12

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

yeah the colour isnt a big deal to me, Im good with wrapping and can polish the head of a rhino :blink: Still interested if you are but I'll need those questions I asked you via pm answered first please. Car does look good :D also more detail on the issues you had when you bought it thanks p.s the scooby is a bigger car but possibly faster so thirstier 《spellcheck.com :unsure:

#39 astravxr

astravxr

Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Probs be faster than stgae 2 but what about stage 4?

#40 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Probs be faster than stgae 2 but what about stage 4?

I reckon about the same as a stage 2. Wouldn't even touch a stage 4 IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users