• 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Now £9995

#22 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

No buyers at that price?! Crazy stuff!!! Maybe it needs biscuit seats :lol: Good luck with the sale, it looks like a great car!

Edited by GiGo, 23 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#23 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

I am surprised it Hasn't gone at that price. Must be the time of year that is putting people off? Good luck with the sale.

#24 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Had a few enquiries but obviously nothing any good yet. It really is the best available at that price and I wont be reducing it any further

#25 Doh

Doh

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I am surprised it Hasn't gone at that price. Must be the time of year that is putting people off? Good luck with the sale.

Coz it's too expensive, there was a lower mileage silver one with warranty on eBay advertised for £10k... The owner offered it to me for £8.5k, he then sold it to the trade, who put it on auto trader at £11k it's now back down to £9995... Unfortunately if you want to sell you need to sell cheap all cars are the same not just VX's :(

#26 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Silver cars tend to go cheaper ;)/> you normally pay for what you get although bargains do to tend to appear now and again and at this time of year

Edited by Aimy, 23 November 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#27 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Coz it's too expensive, there was a lower mileage silver one with warranty on eBay advertised for £10k... The owner offered it to me for £8.5k, he then sold it to the trade, who put it on auto trader at £11k it's now back down to £9995... Unfortunately if you want to sell you need to sell cheap all cars are the same not just VX's :(

Thanks for your considered and expert opinion

#28 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Buy an £8500 turbo and you can soon spend £2k putting it right, buy mine and spend nothing more.

#29 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

every aspect of the motortrade is slow this time of year, repairs and maintence are on their arse this time of year so perhaps unsuprising selling cars is tough let alone a 'summer car'

#30 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Buy an £8500 turbo and you can soon spend £2k putting it right, buy mine and spend nothing more.

very true.....i did exactly that, if i was paying retail prices id have spent 2k easily!

#31 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

There's always a market for "good cars" my clio v6 was mint! first to view bought it (at asking price)but it took months to get any interest at all, guess it depends how much of a rush your in to sell. By the sounds of it yours is mint so I'd personally hang in there :)

#32 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'd personally hang in there :)

Thanks :) , I will. I know its worth it and anyone who knows what they're talking about will see the difference between mine and an £8500 car

#33 stooman

stooman

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I actualy tried to get a loan so i could buy your car but hasnt worked...i wont have my cash influx till march ish next year so im as peed off as u are. Someone could buy it and store over winter and sell for more next spring...i would have paid the origonal price. Hope u get a sale..fantastic car....as i look out of the window to see my two tone yellow ibiza!

#34 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

two tone yellow ibiza!

I'll take a part ex ;)

#35 N.E.M.O

N.E.M.O

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ide be all over this if I could sell my n/a, my fault as I haven't even advertised it yet! Lol good luck with the sale :)

#36 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

My experience is at the right price a car will sell. My last 4 sales sold in under a week at my asking price. Not saying this isn't priced well, just time of year.

#37 JLF8D

JLF8D

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hi, sent pm. Can you please drop me a mail with best number to call. Cheers.

#38 Doh

Doh

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Coz it's too expensive, there was a lower mileage silver one with warranty on eBay advertised for £10k... The owner offered it to me for £8.5k, he then sold it to the trade, who put it on auto trader at £11k it's now back down to £9995... Unfortunately if you want to sell you need to sell cheap all cars are the same not just VX's :(/>

Sorry mate not indended to offend, just stating the facts a i see them, regarding the silver car - you can't condem a car just because it was offered to me at £8.5k... It was advertised at the same price as yours, he'd had no viewings or serious offers.. Your right it might have needed 2 grand spending on it, it might not, there's no saying yours doesn't need money spending on it, a buyer would have to make a judgement based on the ad surely... I'm a potental buyer but having just taken a kick in the balls on my 911, i'm not paying over the odds for a VX, I've been watching everything on here, auto trader, eBay and PH for weeks, I've got a good handle on what prices cars are and ar not selling for, so whilst not "expert" my response was certainly considered ;) - what's the best offer you've received on
your car so far?

#39 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I somehow don't think you're going to get a response to 'what's the best offer you've received on your car so far?'. Why would any seller divulge that? I certainly wouldn't. If you're interested in this car make an offer. But at £9995 from a well known and respected forum member its already a bargain imho.

#40 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Coz it's too expensive, there was a lower mileage silver one with warranty on eBay advertised for £10k... The owner offered it to me for £8.5k, he then sold it to the trade, who put it on auto trader at £11k it's now back down to £9995... Unfortunately if you want to sell you need to sell cheap all cars are the same not just VX's :(/>

Sorry mate not indended to offend, just stating the facts a i see them, regarding the silver car - you can't condem a car just because it was offered to me at £8.5k... It was advertised at the same price as yours, he'd had no viewings or serious offers.. Your right it might have needed 2 grand spending on it, it might not, there's no saying yours doesn't need money spending on it, a buyer would have to make a judgement based on the ad surely... I'm a potental buyer but having just taken a kick in the balls on my 911, i'm not paying over the odds for a VX, I've been watching everything on here, auto trader, eBay and PH for weeks, I've got a good handle on what prices cars are and ar not selling for, so whilst not "expert" my response was certainly considered ;) - what's the best offer you've received on
your car so far?

The first thing is you might not want to be surprised when you post on someones for sale thread stating their car is overpriced when you haven't seen and dont know the car and they take offence. The second thing is my car has only been for sale for 13 days which is nothing for a niche car with not many prospective buyers out there compared to other makes/models (I've had 8 enquiries) . Thirdly, I can condemn a car that was offered to you at £8.5k because I know what an £8.5k turbo is likely to be like. You dont know what mines like but you've already criticised my price on my for sale thread, thanks for that and I have taken offence, in fact I'm fcuking pissed off about it.
You say there's no saying my car doesn't need money spending on it, well there is because I'm saying it doesnt and I know these cars and my car has had every niggle and negative sorted out, it has no vices and any money a buyer would spend on it would be to change things relating to personal preference. I've received 3 offers far, far in excess of £8.5k none of which were acceptable.

Know the value not the cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users