GoPro Hero2 Motorsport Suction Mount

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:WLTM reliable, quiet, tidy one for LTR.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi all.

I'm a sucker for new shiny things and predictably, the Hero3 Black Edition has tempted me. I'm therefore offering my 'as new' perfect condition Hero2, with WiFi, for sale to partially fund it and other accessories. Being up-front from the start, please note that I'll not be taking offers on any of the below, so please don't ask. If none of it sells, I'll get the Hero3 anyway and start a multi-angle setup. :D

The costs to me when I bought them (from Amazon):
GoPro Hero2 Motorsport - £225.50 - bought 30/4/12 (arrived 4/5/12)
Sandisk 32GB - £31.50 - bought 30/4/12 (arrived 4/5/12)
WiFi Backpac & Remote - £94.50 - bought 12/10/12 (arrived 18/10/12)
Total - £351.50

Equivalent now (on Amazon):
GoPro Hero2 Motorsport - £206.00
WiFi Bacpac & Remote - £90.00
Sandisk 32GB - £23.00
Total - £319.00

I'll sell the complete setup for £270.00 +P&P (or £250.00+P&P without Motorsport mounting cup.) This reflects the 'as new' condition and lack of use it's all had.

I'd like to sell as a complete set initially but if anyone wants to buy the Hero2 on its own, I would sell the other components separately (after the sale of the camera is completed).

If sold individually:
Hero2 - £185 +P&P (with Sandisk card, standard mounts and case, including both interchangeable doors))
WiFi BacPac & Remote - £65 +P&P
Motorsport Suction Mount - £20 +P&P

The only thing that won't be included are the two curved sticky pads that are currently attached to my helmet...no, not that helmet, my karting helmet. These are peanuts to buy and the flat surface mounts are untouched.

The WiFi BacPac is an excellent addition and really transforms the ease of setup and makes framing a piece of p!ss (see here for an example). It works really well with my old iPhone4, the new iPhone5 and the iPad2. I'd guess it works just as well with Android devices. There is a lag of one or two seconds between live action and the display on your device but this is the standard and was never an issue for me. The other advantage of the WiFi BacPac is that it allows much more intuitive, convenient and quick control over the camera settings via your phone/tablet.

I can provide the proof of purchase and would handle any warranty issues, if anything was to arise as I don't think the warranty is transferable.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Dunk

#2 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

88 views and not a single comment. :blink: Somebody got the advert/price way off... :beat: Looks like I'll get to play Spielberg with more than one camera. :D

#3 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Why not buy the 3D case and go have fun. BTW, you are way overpriced even if it is as new. Five minutes on eBay and I found all the stuff you have brand new for less than you are asking for used.

Edited by Cliffie, 02 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#4 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Why not buy the 3D case and go have fun.

This is a good idea but I'm not sure the Hero3 and Hero2 will work together for 3D and I'm sure as hell not buying a third! :lol:

BTW, you are way overpriced even if it is as new. Five minutes on eBay and I found all the stuff you have brand new for less than you are asking for used.

Yup - guess so. I plainly didn't give this serious thought. Given the tiny amount of use I've had from it, I can't bring myself to take any more of a hit on it. I'll happily stick with it though. It's a great bit of kit, so no hardship. Double the cameras should make for some decent footage opportunities on the Hoon!
:D

#5 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Absolutely agree with you. I learned this year that you can't have too many cameras.

#6 MrGman

MrGman

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

As above really, i recently sold a gopro hero2, had everything yours did and again next to no use, I'm sure i let it go for £180 in the end. ETA mine actually had the LCD bacpac not the wifi bacpac

Edited by MrGman, 05 January 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#7 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

As above really, i recently sold a gopro hero2, had everything yours did and again next to no use, I'm sure i let it go for 180 in the end.

ETA mine actually had the LCD bacpac not the wifi bacpac

Yup, accept that it's overpriced above. Not prepared to take a bigger financial hit on it yet.

As above, having two on the go will be excellent anyway.

:-D

#8 MrGman

MrGman

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

To be honest thinking back now i wish i had of kept mine, sometimes things aren't worth selling are they!!

#9 AMOSS

AMOSS

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I struggle to understand why you want to buy a Hero3 when you don't use your Hero2 much. The difference is not that great to warrant me to upgrade my Hero2 which I use every week. Some of my dive buddies have the Hero3 but the results are the same as mine, apart from the low light levels. Not really worth the extra expense in my oppinion. Keep the Hero2 mate, it will be cheaper to keep in the box.

Edited by AMOSS, 05 January 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#10 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi all.

I'm a sucker for new shiny things...

:D/>

But more seriously, the low light was the biggest thing (I live in Scotland & the sun is rarely out here) but also since I'll be flying a lot more this year, I'll also want the added image stability reported on the 3 Black Edition.

ETA - now that I have the VX there will be at least double the opportunities to film too.
:D

Edited by MrDCG, 05 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GoPro, Hero2, Motorsport, Suction Mount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users