• Please log in to reply
984 replies to this topic

#981 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:34 PM

Now I have come a little further with my handbrake cluster. 
I need sort all wires to my gauges and then it will look better.
[img] https://i.imgur.com/4gRhzHG.jpg [/ mg]

Drawn a mount for my 3 meters instead of 2 that I had before
C1MVZCp.jpg
It did not turn out so well as the meter on the far left will not be visible when driving and there is a risk that it will touch the leg.

Then Mr. Mapper thought I should get a better broadband lambda.
So you I had to get a 4th gauge and it is very tight in our cars.
I think this can be good in the end.
Ubjb3LX.jpg

A redesigned shiftlight bracket with space for gear indicator
07ADHRJ.jpg

The smaller rearview mirror with a suction plug  falls down a little now and then.
So a new bracket was printed so it can be mounted with double-sided adhesive tape instead. so now I can not get rid of it instead. :-)
ohsLb1y.jpg

This past weekend, a fairly important stronghold for this project emerged.
My aluminum bracket for my compressor. It feels significantly more robust than my 3d printed. :-)
72b76hs.jpg
Small test assembly
EzWcXpq.jpg
After a bit of fixing, it fit perfectly. :-)
R0zIfK9.jpg
Now I hope my 90mm long M6 screws will come soon. Had ordered 80mm but they only seem to have 5mm
in thread in alu which feels a bit meager. 90mm I have to cut a few mm.
But better that, get satisfied when I have to pull hard in Alu, it has happened too many times that it has become a thread pie.

More next time.
Regards, Per

#982 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 09:16 PM

The smaller rearview mirror with a suction plug  falls down a little now and then.
So a new bracket was printed so it can be mounted with double-sided adhesive tape instead. so now I can not get rid of it instead. :-)

Any chance i can buy one from you?
I love my smol mirror, but sick and tired of buying 1-2 a year as the suction part does not last long.

#983 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 06:59 AM

Yhea sure.

The smaller rearview mirror with a suction plug falls down a little now and then.

Any chance i can buy one from you?
I love my smol mirror, but sick and tired of buying 1-2 a year as the suction part does not last long.

#984 Arno

Arno

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 06:31 AM

Now I hope my 90mm long M6 screws will come soon. Had ordered 80mm but they only seem to have 5mm
But better that, get satisfied when I have to pull hard in Alu, it has happened too many times that it has become a thread pie.

If you are worried about stripping the thread, then it can be a good idea to put a helicoil or timesert in the bracket right from the start. That way you can tighten it to pretty much 'normal' values like in steel.

It reinforces the threads a lot. Quite common/normal on aerospace bits to always put a thread insert in alu parts for this reason.

Bye, Arno.

#985 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:32 PM

Yhea thats a good idea. But that wil be my second opttion, I dont want to take apart the supercharger.

Anyway, yesterday I got my longer screws, had to cut them off 5mm so now I have slightly more then 11mm thread depht

and supercharger is boted in place with screws tightened to 9Nm as Rotrex recommend.

If the threads ould give up and some time , I will use unicoil.

Thanks Arno.

Br, Per

If you are worried about stripping the thread, then it can be a good idea to put a helicoil or timesert in the bracket right from the start. That way you can tighten it to pretty much 'normal' values like in steel.

It reinforces the threads a lot. Quite common/normal on aerospace bits to always put a thread insert in alu parts for this reason.

Bye, Arno.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users