• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Right, as the title suggests, I've just agreed a contract to write a book. The title of the book will be the Lotus Elise, looking at both series one and series two models. Obviously the story can't be told without mention of the VX220, and the plucky little Vxl will have its own chapter. Clearly there is the best resource for both Vx220 information and hopefully a few other things as well - including images, stories from those involved in the VX220 in the early days (dealers etc) and of course owners and the cars themselves. For the Vx220 section I'll no doubt need some images of the cars, probably both standard (in the main) and modified. Obviously I have plenty of images already, and of course my own car in the garage, but I'd rather have too many than not enough (and much though I love black cars, it's a sh*t colour for photography). I guess at this stage, and it's incredibly early days - the project will likely take 16-24months in total - is for people to raise their hands if they are willing to help with either information, providing a car for a photoshoot (I say photoshoot, for me to come along with my SLR and take some shots) or anything else they think is relevant. Also, as the main focus of the book is the Elise, I'm hoping that there might be a few lurkers on here with an Elise now, or some VX220 owners with Elise-owning friends that they might be able to rope into helping out with anything. I think we also have people that have worked, or do work, for Lotus on here as well right? Anyway, as I said, all I'm looking for is an early show of hands for those that would potentially be able to help out with the venture. I'm afraid I can't offer any financial reward for your time ((best get that in early) though there will obviously be credits in the book where they are due etc. Think of the fame... :tumble: Cheers, G

#2 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Earliest VX still around? I have no.60! As for Lotus, youd have to include the last S1 Exige with the signatures behind the rear bulkhead trim

#3 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I hope you manage to sell more books than they do Elises, an article in the Sun, so must be true, said they sold four in January.

#4 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Happy to help in anyway I can. I have a few pics of my VX on the line at Hethel.

#5 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I cant help, but.. let me know when the books out so I can have a read :D

#6 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Toby_b has an S1 Elise and could be a potential contributor for you Graeme. He's not on here much but you can get hold of him through ollyj.

#7 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Earliest VX still around? I have no.60!

As for Lotus, youd have to include the last S1 Exige with the signatures behind the rear bulkhead trim

It looks like it too :lol:

#8 spuk87

spuk87

Ex-owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:Cars, technology, drones, cycling

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Not that I expect you will be short of offers for photoshoots but you are welcome to use mine, visually totally standard Moonland (actually the tyres on the front are non-standard dimensions so I dunno if you consider that standard!)

#9 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'd sign up to Seloc Graeme. PM Thorburn on there.

#10 Duncan_F

Duncan_F

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

It'd be cool if you used one of the group VX shots from one of the nationals, that way you'd get loads of members cars in there.

#11 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I cant help, but.. let me know when the books out so I can have a read :D/>

:yeahthat:

Nothing to add, but will certainly purchase it thumbsup

#12 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Deffo worth getting a couple of the seloc gentry to verify any facts about the Elise. They had a two page topic the other day to decide if a car advertised as a 111s was actually a 111 with a vvc unit but different spec interior. Its a confusing world and no matter what you write people will queue up to tell you you're wrong. Never hear of that on forums do you?!

#13 Taz6622

Taz6622

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Earliest VX still around? I have no.60!

As for Lotus, youd have to include the last S1 Exige with the signatures behind the rear bulkhead trim

Hi I have number 64 and from what I can tell it is the only 2.2 turbo in the uk

#14 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Good on you sir! My car is at your disposal :) got a few good stories of my own floating around VX'dom too :)

#15 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the various responses guys. As I say, early days but the VX will take up a full chapter so I'll need as much info etc as possible.

I hope you manage to sell more books than they do Elises, an article in the Sun, so must be true, said they sold four in January.

I'm hoping it will be a decent seller (so I get some form of return on it). Crowood run an initial print run of 2,000 hardback books so need to shift a fair few. The fact that Lotus is such an enthusiast-focused brand should help hopefully.

Happy to help in anyway I can. I have a few pics of my VX on the line at Hethel.

Thanks Ian, might be useful and will bear this in mind.

Toby_b has an S1 Elise and could be a potential contributor for you Graeme.

He's not on here much but you can get hold of him through ollyj.

Thanks Ken, will bear this in mind. Thought you'd have been on here offering your 'standard' car for photos.

Not that I expect you will be short of offers for photoshoots but you are welcome to use mine, visually totally standard Moonland (actually the tyres on the front are non-standard dimensions so I dunno if you consider that standard!)

Sounds pretty standard to me Si.

I'd sign up to Seloc Graeme. PM Thorburn on there.

Actually already a member Rob, though I'll be buggered if I can remember my membership/login details

It'd be cool if you used one of the group VX shots from one of the nationals, that way you'd get loads of members cars in there.

Well I'll be there this year, so might sweet talk JJJ into organising another group photo or something.

Good on you sir! My car is at your disposal :) got a few good stories of my own floating around VX'dom too :)

Sounds good mate, also see above comment...

G

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lotus, Book, Vx220 chapter, images, hethel, racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users