• Please log in to reply
4396 replies to this topic

#3361 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

My thinking was can I get rid of the z22se fuel regulator and use the cam (speed ) pump to do same job

#3362 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

The a20nft mechanical fuel pump is designed for direct injection and high pressure. Plus it is a vvt head and you will need some kind of ecu control.

#3363 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

That's what I was hoping you would say high pressure fuel pump ❤️❤️

#3364 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Does it fit on to my inlet cam ok ( vocky ) I'm sure I could control things somehow

#3365 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

That's what I was hoping you would say high pressure fuel pump ❤️❤️

It's not what you want. You're talking about 200 bar verses the standard 3.8 bar. You'll kill your injectors in seconds.

#3366 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

I was getting excited then Didn't realise the pressure was that high

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 14 November 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#3367 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Say what?? why do you want to mess with a high pressure direct injection fuel pump?? edit; to slow... It's indeed a few hundred bar. Not to mention that it needs a vvt DI head...

Edited by Exmantaa, 14 November 2016 - 10:19 PM.

#3368 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Some info on the GM SIDI system as used on the Ecotec engines: http://www.atraonlin.../2007_11_18.pdf

HP fuel pump puts out around 150bar.

#3369 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

My standard 147hp NA 2012

Posted Image

First track day

Posted Image

Now

Few more HP and love the track days

Posted Image

#3370 flamy

flamy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

:)

#3371 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

:)

Hello previous owner Despite the changes the carpets are still in keeps the warmth in

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 22 November 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#3372 flamy

flamy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:50 AM

I reckon that they are the only things remaining from when I owned it. Glad that I can pop on here every once in a while and see what's been happening to it.

I bought it exactly 10 years ago to the day so I'm feeling kind of nostalgic.

#3373 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

I reckon that they are the only things remaining from when I owned it. Glad that I can pop on here every once in a while and see what's been happening to it.

I bought it exactly 10 years ago to the day so I'm feeling kind of nostalgic.

If you want a run out in her next year drop me a message 

maybe even coming to a trackday with us 

#3374 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Father Christmas has come early

Posted Image

#3375 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hmmm, a package from Peter.

What could that be....

#3376 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

The finished article has arrived ☃️

#3377 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

Picked up my Christmas present of kids today to go with new helmet

Posted Image

Kids are back to school next week and I'm off work so will get the finished PRO obdtuner ECU on the car and send back the trial version to Peter
And will then start to look at options for my front brake discs

#3378 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

2016 reflection, had a good look through all the 2016 thread entries some goo things some bad 

Like the look of the arms.   Do you not really need discs and bells for track work?   I found the brakes wanting tbh, not very confidence inspiring....

If money was no object I would have fancy brakes but I'm not convinced having upgraded brakes are necessary I might end up eating my words but we will see

Bells and Rotors are for 2017 you were right, hopefully i will make the pds lst longer 3 sets this year and have a other set to go on 

You're either a braver man than me, or your suspension is much softer than mine. I've killed a magnetically mounted TomTom and broke the screen of a magnetically mounted phone in the VX on less than smooth roads. :wacko:

The magnets work great and the tablet or my phone never fell off once 

Good to hear it's all back in one piece and working. Even with the home brew geo, it must feel totally different? Did you post pics of all the shiny parts bolted up and looking nice and new? On tyres, staying on RSR's is a good move as you'll be able to assess the affect of the suspension overhaul independently of a change in boots. I'm inclined to stick with the RSR'S long-term. While they're not as sticky as some, it's about having fun rather than setting lap records. The money spent on upgrading to ZZR's/v70a's can be spent on track days. Plus stickier tyres put more strain on toe links, bearings, brakes etc.. Looking forward to the 14th. I have some springs on the way so I'll be interested in the balance of your car vs mine.

I never got the V70a but did try the R888R tire which lasted two track days (rears) and the ZZRs

Whats OBDtunerPro??

Next version.

More options allowed. One more step closer to a full open ecu.

Support for water injection.

Maybe also E85, using multimap logic.

PRO is now on the car and has really helped take the car forward for lap after lap consistency along with the water injection

Hats off to you mate for being so persistent and OCD ☺

I was thinking the same. Chris, I hope you get some satisfaction from all this. It would drive me round the bend (no pun intended..).

This was from the low power from the RR so got me to find the issue and fix it, pro should of taken these issue away due to being able to switch the oem protection off

The standard Saab plugs NGKR pfr6d-10g Are the same all but the number as the BKR6EIX IX iridium I've just got some BKR8EIX IX iridium NGK 2668 And will also order some BKR7EIX IX iridium NGK2667

The plugs became very important to get the power back and im sure there could be more coming from the plugs in the future, BKR8EIX work very well even with the water injection 

#3379 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

ive also finished my R888R off today thats two track days (less than 800 miles i reckon 2 track days and road miles to and from )

Bloody hell! new tyres and pads every 2 trackdays is insane mate!

R888R did not last long 

Was that Dave in front at the start? Looked like it was pulling away on the straight!!!

Yep that was me. I've plenty of videos chasing Chill and his car leaves mine for dead in a straight line but I make it up on the brakes and out of the corners. Very closely matched over a lap now.

I think ai more than matched you George, its been good chasing you down step by step for over 4 years 

It is not an engine I built, but it was built from a brand new Saab engine. The cylinder wall cracked  :(

He is still p'd off about it, but hopefully he will post the picture.

He needs to go Darton sleeves if he still wants to go for big bhp, the GM build book does say 400+ requires sleeves.

This is my next dilemma the IAT are now under control so i could go for a smaller pulley but think the gen 2 block might struggle to take any more

I'd suggest more rubber, it really changed the confidence in my car, though it does have it's negative sides too. Loads of times I think I must be near the limit of traction, so on a wide open road with plenty of space and no other cars etc I warily wiggle the steering to see what happens and almost always the car has loads more grip than I imagine. If you are ever passing Bristol feel free to give me a call/PM and I'll show you happily.

At the end of the day, everything the car does is though the rubber. The right compound (for your temps/conditions) and the amount of it. I've learnt this the hard way 3 times now.

I dunno what widths + compounds you are driving on, but if you power has gone up from 150 HP to 350 HP, that is a 230% increase in power. Have you increased your grip by 230%...?

No No NO wasent required 

...I've just bagged a new full set of V70a's....Yay!

Chris, good to see you feeling at one with your car at long last! ....RU going back to an M62 soon?????  ;)

No im not going back its all made sense at last 

I just looked up 1m 17s on the interweb - looks very impressive.

How/who/what did you fix you geo issues that you had last time?

Matt bentley guided me what to buy and gave me advice and it took it down to him to be setup, new tires 

Bingo

Looking at your old vids I remember thinking there was nothing wrong with your driving style so the only thing making you slow at the National was clearly the car.

This was said while everyone else was saying its my driving thats the issue (meant a lot to me )

#3380 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

I'm stubborn for one And as for lessons I think they will unleash time for a track with local knowledge but it won't make me a better driver Plus what we're saying is ove got to spend even more money to get the best out of the car which will make me enjoy it even less than the £500 it costs per track day Like I said previously this year is a make or break for the HArrop for me I will still have my engine with the M62 which was a great year for me and gave me most pleasure out of the car and didn't empty my pockets as quickly as the HArrop did I have enjoyed exploiting the HArrop power with the mapping stuff etc but it is all for the track times for me and the fun factor And think the M62 stage 3 is a nice alto under and the RSRs at £250 a set cope very easily with the power ( probably not the best grip ) but easily best fun for the £

I am still stuburn 

It's your driving that needs adapting chris not the car. It's been proven the chassis can handle the added power by Cliffie in time attack. You can't think by adding 70bhp your going to be able to continue how you drove it before. Quite ignorant to think you won't learn from tuition. Like you said you're being stubborn and not accepting known facts. You can always learn something new, even just by following others on track.  ;)

my driving never changed and you were holding me up at anglesey   :glare:

I'm stubborn for one And as for lessons I think they will unleash time for a track with local knowledge but it won't make me a better driver Plus what we're saying is ove got to spend even more money to get the best out of the car which will make me enjoy it even less than the £500 it costs per track day

Not following your logic there fella. Lessons will make you a better driver, end of. This will in turn enable you to enjoy your car more. And what's another £20 or so when your car blows the equivalent out of it's exhaust down the main straight?  :)

Ive stuck with it and time behind the wheel is what was needed on top of the mods i did concerning setup early last year 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users