• Please log in to reply
4396 replies to this topic

#3741 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

backwards running can put exhaust gas into the intake manifold which takes time to clear.

along with unburnt fuel, 

sizeten where did you get your 9J rears ??

#3742 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

Fastest lap of the day for me Winning B2 by Just over a second 2nd was a exige V6 running around 430 hp 3rd was a exige V6 with a huge wing and splitter

#3743 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

backwards running can put exhaust gas into the intake manifold which takes time to clear.

along with unburnt fuel, 

sizeten where did you get your 9J rears ??

there was a group buy direct from rimstock , http://www.vx220.org...-team-dynamics/

#3744 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

Here is my Church spin

Time for an LSD I think.

#3745 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Here is my Church spin

Time for an LSD I think.

do you think a lsd would help ?? 

heard mixed reviews about them 

#3746 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Absolutely, the problem you have as far as I can see is one wheel is spinning up and because you have an open diff its losing all traction. An LSD will moderate the wheel spin an distribute it across the axle. You will have to drive it a bit differently but when done properly you will have more traction. As for church a proper wing will help massively. Above that it will be TC but I personally think this is cheating :)

#3747 james_ly

james_ly

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Worth trying wider rear tyres? Exige V6 has 265s and I guess you have similar torque now?

#3748 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

v6 has TC aswell

i am contemplating fitting a lsd this winter.. group buy? :lol:

#3749 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

I won't be be getting TC but maybe a lsd is somthing to think about But then I think I will have to look at going up a class to A2 from B2 ( and generally they are slower or full on time attack cars ) Wider wheels is deffo on the cards this winter And maybe a lsd if one turns up already in a gear box And if I go in to A2 I may as well have a go with a BGW and splitter

#3750 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Having some driving tuition has to be your next step Chris. You have a really powerful car there and that was a really simple little step out there that should really have been a nothing more than a dab of corrective lock. I would not advise fitting an LSD until you learn how to control oversteer and how the balance and weight distribution affects the balance of the car.  LSDs are good fun in Lotus cars (we have one going into our Honda build and my Cayman has one from the factory) but you have to really know how to peddle to get the benefits from one in terms of actually making you go quicker. I am not in that category by the way just like hooning sideways out of junctions. Its the fact that you really have to be a very good driver to use an LSD that makes most Lotus drivers shy away from them as most (like your V6 competition) just rely on having lots of power and mechanical grip. Of course the V6 traction control is a bit more than traction control too its a full on assist (Race) mode so I would see their results as artificially quick. If they were made to switch off I think we would have sold 6 clamshells every weekend they were out :D

#3751 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

I'm with Jonny on the LSD. My mates has a wavetrac in his Honda S1 running ZZRs, which isn't running as much power or torque as your car. I took it out at Anglesey and the car wanted to oversteer on turn 3 at 40ish in the dry, so you can gain an idea to campare to yours, though stuff like geo means your mainly comparing apples with oranges. I think some diffs scan be adjusted though so might be an option for you. It was predictable because it oversteers consistently and if you know it's coming your ready to react, but it takes a different approach to drive it fast that's for sure.

#3752 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

That's the unfortunate thing with sprinting Pete everything is unpredictable with the cold tires etc etc and your always against the clock So yes while a little opposite lock and actions to stop the wheel from spinning might of saved the spin it would of cost me time, and that's not what I was there for so risks were taken

#3753 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

On the first run you are a cars width to the right when you do the fast right which pushes you to far to the left at high speed for the 90 degree left after. You sort it on the second run.

Hand position will massivly help with car control. The centre of your hands needs to be at or below the horizontal centreline of the steering wheel. That way when you're turning you are pushing up to turn the wheel and the feedback you'll get will be much greater.

#3754 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

Tough crowd here on forum nowadays, did I mention I won

#3755 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

1 horse race 😄

#3756 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

what mark said really is so important. personally, before getting any more stuff for your car i would learn to hold your wheel properly, the higher up the steering wheel you go the harder it will be to correct any slide. Your clips demonstrate that you're over correcting a lot of the slides which is going to cost you masses of time. 

also, it looks like your sat a little too far away from the steering wheel and you could do with bringing the wheel slightly closer to your chest, ideally your forearm and upper arm should sit approx 90° to each other. when you sit in the car your wrist should just rest on top of your wheel.

get those 2 things correct and i think your will sort most of your immediate problems out.  

#3757 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

1 horse race 😄

I dont think anyone would want to take away anything from Chris on actually going out there and having a go but if you are going to put it all over social media you have to take the rough with the smooth and it is true to say you dont actually have any direct competition. Reading the regs on Javelin I would actually place your car in A1. The B2 class "Your average trackday vehicle, a medium level of performance enhancing parts can be fitted" This is not an engine swapped car with a huge SC running over double stock power. 

If you look at the overall results ignoring the Atom which is a silly thing to pretend to be competing in that puts you 13th but 6 seconds off the pace. If you took on some tuition and advice you could eat into that and that would be a real achievement to be proud of. Surely it would be more enjoyable as well to feel that you are actually competing? Hughcam is only 3 seconds behind you with 190BHP on tap in his Exige too. In fact everyone quicker is in the daft stuff so he has actually done really very well. 

And hold your fecking wheel properly! :D 

#3758 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

So what's the optimum wheel holding position on track? I've always been told 10 to 2 but you guys are saying quarter to 3? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3759 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Where they put the thumbgrips :)

#3760 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

10-2 is road spec 9-3 is track spec 90deg elbows as Chris noted Dunno if lsd is the answer. Softer rear spring, slower damping, lower tyre pressure. You checking tyre temps and wear? Also throttle control. Hear a lot of wheelspin, not sure if you're noticing it, as it's the snap back that's sending the rear around, dienst look like you're expecting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users