Lot French Frolic 2014

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

12 hours for me to get to my overnight stop in Saint Quentin. Absolutely brilliant drive through really quiet countryside from Troyes to Laon though!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by P11 COV, 31 August 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#182 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

Nice pics Paul, that's how a vx should look

#183 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

Amazed to see the blue peter number plate still on

#184 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Nice pics Paul, that's how a vx should look

? With a handmade number plate and held together with gaffer tape ??

#185 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Allan, was good to meet you, perhaps a road trip to Denmark from the UK should be on the agenda following your 1800km journey to the Frolic

I'd love to so something like that, organised tour with VX people. Leisurely half day driving, social meals and hotels.

+1

#186 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Just arrived back home following an epic week👍. Comments have already been made on the tracks so no point in repeating them. The big plus point for me is that I enjoyed driving the VX again. Maybe its something to do with driving in France v the UK, but after being pissed off with it driving 500 miles return for the National meet, the 1700 miles driven over the past week was extremely enjoyable. Has a good stop off in Beaune to enjoy some wine tasting on the way back👍 Lee/Simon, some sort of Euro road trip next year would be a good idea, if it could be combined with a TD towards the end of it even better. Denmark ahead of Zandvoort or France ahead of Ledenon may be possibilities. The social scene would be important and both provide good options for other halfs to enjoy themselves doing other things if they are not interested in the TD.

#187 TonyKL

TonyKL

V6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Nice to catch up with many of you again! 

#188 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

Just arrived back home following an epic week👍. Comments have already been made on the tracks so no point in repeating them. The big plus point for me is that I enjoyed driving the VX again. Maybe its something to do with driving in France v the UK, but after being pissed off with it driving 500 miles return for the National meet, the 1700 miles driven over the past week was extremely enjoyable. Has a good stop off in Beaune to enjoy some wine tasting on the way back👍 Lee/Simon, some sort of Euro road trip next year would be a good idea, if it could be combined with a TD towards the end of it even better. Denmark ahead of Zandvoort or France ahead of Ledenon may be possibilities. The social scene would be important and both provide good options for other halfs to enjoy themselves doing other things if they are not interested in the TD

Hopefully I will be back for next year, and maybe in a real car to drive to the TD rather than trailering. Count me in for eurotrip if all goes well :)

#189 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Just arrived back home following an epic week👍. Comments have already been made on the tracks so no point in repeating them. The big plus point for me is that I enjoyed driving the VX again. Maybe its something to do with driving in France v the UK, but after being pissed off with it driving 500 miles return for the National meet, the 1700 miles driven over the past week was extremely enjoyable. Has a good stop off in Beaune to enjoy some wine tasting on the way back👍 Lee/Simon, some sort of Euro road trip next year would be a good idea, if it could be combined with a TD towards the end of it even better. Denmark ahead of Zandvoort or France ahead of Ledenon may be possibilities. The social scene would be important and both provide good options for other halfs to enjoy themselves doing other things if they are not interested in the TD  

Hopefully I will be back for next year, and maybe in a real car to drive to the TD rather than trailering. Count me in for eurotrip if all goes well :)
PG has confirmed that there will be no FF next year and it is almost certain that this was the last one. Next year there will be a double header at LeMans so I think from a VX & social Lotus people perspective we need to work with him, Jamie, Burt & Julie on trying to get the Zandvoort & Spa double with social event in between. I know that Burt & Julie are keen on such an event. If LOT have a Ledenon day next year I would certainly consider doing it & make a 10 - 14 day vacation of getting there & back. Do tell more about the "proper car"😉😉

#190 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

Paul, just getting my working head on again and hopefully work comes in, then the bathtub will make way for something vx ish maybe

I do like the S3 Exige, just not next year unfortunately

#191 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

just got back late last night , eurotunnel useless , only 2 trains running each hour , carpark was rammed full , then loads of boarding delays, then about 20mins to disembark.

#192 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

There should be an email about FF 2015 in your inbox. Ledanon was the best. When we did the VX ring-trip as a group we just booked a big villa.

#193 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

There should be an email about FF 2015 in your inbox.

To who?

When we did the VX ring-trip as a group we just booked a big villa.

I want to go with people, not live with them :lol: Always nice to have your own space/room

#194 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

just got back late last night , eurotunnel useless , only 2 trains running each hour , carpark was rammed full , then loads of boarding delays, then about 20mins to disembark.  

Ferries no better. An hour queue to get through passport control. Missed the ferry. Had to wait an hour for the next one. Time of year I think. Folks all coming back off their hols before school starts back.

#195 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

To who?
To those who went on the last one. Basically to say they are not doing them anymore. They have organised a Le Mans double header with hotels included,

Edited by P11 COV, 03 September 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#196 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Ferries no better. An hour queue to get through passport control. Missed the ferry. Had to wait an hour for the next one. Time of year I think. Folks all coming back off their hols before school starts back.
We were straight through on the tunnel Monday morning. Booked on 10.35, arrived 9.35 and put on 10.10 It looked horrendous Sunday evening though as we arrived at the hotel stop in Coquelles, apparently check in queues were well over 1 hour. Glad we decided to break the journey Sunday night.

Edited by PaulCP, 03 September 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#197 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

To who?
To those who went on the last one. Basically to say they are not doing them anymore. They have organised a Le Mans double header with hotels included,
Latest email suggests the possibility of a similar type trip if enough interested (Dijon, Ledenon + 1 other & 5 nights hotel package) TBH I would probably book Dijon & Ledenon as track days, book the hotels direct and plan a few more days either side as a touring holiday. Could be a nice social event if a few are interested👍

Edited by PaulCP, 03 September 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#198 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

To those who went on the last one. Basically to say they are not doing them anymore. 

That's what happens when more than two VX's turn up. :lol:

#199 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

To who?

When we did the VX ring-trip as a group we just booked a big villa.

I want to go with people, not live with them :lol: Always nice to have your own space/room

tbh on the frolic like any social there are groups that will do everything together, lunch , evening meals etc. Obviously some will prefer to stay back at the villa in the evenings , lounge around the pool , while others will taxi into nearest big town to club late in to the night.

#200 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

[font="'times new roman';"]Following the Frolic, and my further ramblings towards Spain, upon booking into a B & B at Arthez-de-Bearn, I was surprised to lean that our excellent hosts (Two gay Welsh lads) were expecting me to book a track day at Pau/Arnos. The track was only fives miles from our overnight stay!  This was a complete surprise and a welcome one at that. [/font]

[font="'times new roman';"]So off we went for a scouting mission, apparently it was an ‘Open Day’, which meant calling somebody and just turning up at the track. We just went. There were a couple of bike engined cars there and one Elise..Nobody in charge, just a lot of builders, no marshals or accident and emergency…It looked like you just turned up and got on track.[/font]

[font="'times new roman';"]Anyway looked a decent track, bit like Ledenon but without the great elevation changes. Just over 3 Kms in length and the Elise covered it in 1 minute 40 seconds…looked fun, anybody tried it?[/font]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users