Norwegian Trackday Speedster

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

You are certainly working hard, and you bodywork skills look good, keep going :) If you get a larger turbo, I'd recommend the GTX2867, on your 2.2 engine that will spool fast (due to the large CC) and blow hard all the way to about 7250 RPM, it should easily give you 400 BHP, more likely 425. If you drive as fast as your video with just 300 BHP, you will be flying with 425 BHP. The difference between those 2 numbers is much more than you'd imagine. Much more than 450 BHP is hard to use in practice.

Edited by Nev, 09 May 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#42 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Little uppdate

Adjusting front vents for better lines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Filling gaps

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Modifing the rear end, alredy mae a plug of the original clam

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Getting there.....Posted Image

Edited by Stig_1911, 16 June 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#43 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

You are certainly working hard, and you bodywork skills look good, keep going :) If you get a larger turbo, I'd recommend the GTX2867, on your 2.2 engine that will spool fast (due to the large CC) and blow hard all the way to about 7250 RPM, it should easily give you 400 BHP, more likely 425. If you drive as fast as your video with just 300 BHP, you will be flying with 425 BHP. The difference between those 2 numbers is much more than you'd imagine. Much more than 450 BHP is hard to use in practice.

Turbo wise we are using  the exhaust house form dbilas, and the rest from garrett, After discussions with the turbo guy we are building a billett gt2863 With race bearings... since we are not pushing beyonde 400 bhp..and the engine should be good for 7800rpms......  

Edited by Stig_1911, 16 June 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#44 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Liitle uppdate...... 

Camshell ready for primer.....

Posted Image

Primed...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doesn't look like much has been done since the last uppdate, but probably worked 100 hours sanding, and filling, I prefer to use west systems mircofiber 403 mixed with polyester for filling, and use as little bondo as possible.....

Posted Image

Body is almost finnished, just some minor adjustments... so it will be sendt to the painter on sunday.... :)  :)  :) .color of choise is silver :P  will be using a black base and silver utltra mini flakes form house of kolor :drink:

#45 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

that is impressive work  Imnotworthy

#46 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Very good Stig, very good indeed. Work faster so we can see the finished result sooner! LOL

Edited by Nev, 21 July 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#47 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Somehow didn't see this until now. Bloody hell, that gonna be some piece of kit when its done!!! :P

#48 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Epic work here. thumbsup

Only everytime I see this body shape (and the recent pics of Nev's car), I think the front arches are way to big for even a trackday-only car. (Full race mode dropped on big 18" slicks with no suspension travel to speak off they might be ok... :unsure: )

#49 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

I agree ...but no time to correct that now..... maybe NeXT Winters Project redo the front arces....

#50 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yea, those arches really would look best with 19" or 20" wheels, but that would screw up the engine to wheel gear ratios.

#51 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Summer hollyday is over... :huh:  What did I do... three weeks of resin,bondo, sanding..... and some more sanding :o ...been working on the car with my brother day in and day out.... to get the race fit fibreglassparts to fit :ffs:  ... took to days just to get the front and rear lights to fit.... :drink:  the car's finaly off to the painter... :tt: ... would I do this again? Hell NO!!! I realy start to hate my vx at the moment.....I'm of to work for the next forthteen days.. so I hope som time away from the car will help with motivation to get it finnished....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

It'll be worth it in the end, it always is. So long as you drink A LOT in order to forget the pain of it all :P

Looks boss. Looking forward to seeing it painted. What colour is it going to be?

#53 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

It'll be worth it in the end, it always is. So long as you drink A LOT in order to forget the pain of it all :P

Looks boss. Looking forward to seeing it painted. What colour is it going to be?

Hope so....

Colour: in the end I ended up with silver :huh: , wanted a light colour that makes good contrast with the mesh/vents on the car....without being to flash(the looks car needs to be tuned down a bit) .....but we are doing a twist on the silver.. first sprayng a black base colour, then spray House of kolors silver ultra mini flakes and build layers until its sparkely silver :D

#54 stefcaz94

stefcaz94

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

this is beyond impressive. cannot wait to see the finished product!

#55 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Looks really good. Bodywork skills are truly amazing!!

Not sure on those wheels though

Keep up the good work

#56 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

I only use these Wheels when I work on the car(they came With the car when I bought it 19" ) I currently have td's in 8x17 and 9x17, But I am concidering to buy New Wheels from Image Wheels....

As for an uppdate....the painter has not startet With my car, so I'm going up to his workshop today to open a "can of whopass" :angry2: :excl: :angry2:

#57 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Little uppdate.... 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 Stig_1911

Stig_1911

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

little uppdate,..  first layer of bace coat...Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

Goodness, that looks immaculate, though it won't stay like that for long once you drive it !

#60 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Any updates?...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users