#22 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Mines available for £12k. Bargain.

True, £13.5k if it wasn't silver! :lol:
£22.97k if it was a stage 4 turbo. You're paying for the knowledge. ;)

Edited by ArticMonkey, 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#23 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I see what your saying Op but your only hope for a non cat, non high mileage vx for £5k would be a very very desperate seller! You never know but wouldn't get your hopes up. Problem is owners don't bother p/x-ing as dealers either don't want to take the risk or offer peanuts.

#24 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

True, £13.5k if it wasn't silver! :lol:
Give over Otis

#25 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Sorry Goose, I'd hate to be "going down" in your estimations thumbsdown

Edited by Claws, 15 September 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#26 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

You get more money for stripping a vx now then selling as a car.

#27 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

You could well fall into the trap of getting a "cheap" one that needs £1000s spending on it. Set your budget more realistically. There are lots of fantastic cars out there at the moment for about 7-8k range that will be turnkey enjoyable cars with no heartache in store for you.

I agree, you get what you pay for!!!!  
  I think you're both missing the point. He wants a 7-8k car but he only wants to pay 5k for it :P  :lol:   
If someone is desperate enough he'll get what he wants. I'd have to be looking at concrete wellies to get rid of mine for that price :D
I'm offering similar money to what a trader would bid, but without the need to be buying a replacement car in p/ex. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so defensive. I'm not trying to suggest for one moment that the cars are worth so little, just that I would pay that amount should someone need a swift 'out'. If nobody over the next 6 months finds themselves in that position, then I will not be buying a vx220. At least a seller would have the knowledge that the car had passed to a fellow sportscar enthusiast and will not be destined to be flung straight back on a forecourt for £8k. If anyone doubts my credentials look me up on pistonheads (where I post as village idiot) or seloc where I post as alex g. I can't guarantee I'll be taking to to Le Mans next year (I have a nice comfy VW t5 camper for that), but it will probably find its way on to a track with the Lotus lot.

I'll give you 2k for your T5 then you can buy a VX for 7k

#28 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Give you £5k for it?

#29 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Give you £5k for it?
You have pm

#30 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Don't fall into the trap of getting something that needs loads of money to bring it up to scratch. Again.

#31 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

You could well fall into the trap of getting a "cheap" one that needs £1000s spending on it. Set your budget more realistically. There are lots of fantastic cars out there at the moment for about 7-8k range that will be turnkey enjoyable cars with no heartache in store for you.

I agree, you get what you pay for!!!!  
  I think you're both missing the point. He wants a 7-8k car but he only wants to pay 5k for it :P  :lol:   
If someone is desperate enough he'll get what he wants. I'd have to be looking at concrete wellies to get rid of mine for that price :D
I'm offering similar money to what a trader would bid, but without the need to be buying a replacement car in p/ex. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so defensive. I'm not trying to suggest for one moment that the cars are worth so little, just that I would pay that amount should someone need a swift 'out'. If nobody over the next 6 months finds themselves in that position, then I will not be buying a vx220. At least a seller would have the knowledge that the car had passed to a fellow sportscar enthusiast and will not be destined to be flung straight back on a forecourt for £8k. If anyone doubts my credentials look me up on pistonheads (where I post as village idiot) or seloc where I post as alex g. I can't guarantee I'll be taking to to Le Mans next year (I have a nice comfy VW t5 camper for that), but it will probably find its way on to a track with the Lotus lot.

I can put money on it, if anyone wanted a quick out, they'd sell to a regular on the forum?  I never wanted to pay what I paid & I'll put money a large percentage of VX owners didn't.  I was looking on the QT for a good while before I bought I was watching Blue cycle & another breakers which has slipped my mind, they never sold a single damaged VX below 5k & you have to pay to buy off those auction sites, there are experienced VX owners buying & selling giving you advice here & you appear to be a chancer. :tumble: 

#32 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

http://www.autotrade...34076?logcode=p

Not far from me (in fact it's in the same town although I've never seen it before!)

EML is on so needs a new lambda sensor, also I suspect the oil leak is from the oil filter housing. Both relatively easy fixes.

#33 village idiot

village idiot

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well I haven't been short on cars being offered to me. I will admit that none were of interest at £5k, but decent opportunities are presenting themselves for little over that figure. I have committed to one such car now and look forward to seeing how it pans out. I am not a 'chancer'. Just someone like the rest of you, with a long history of owning similar cars, but with an honest and restricted budget to achieve my goal. Neither am I an idiot who will stumble blindly into buying a nail just coz it was 'cheap'! I admire everyone's loyalty to the car, and I hope to part of those ranks very soon and I'm sorry if I have ruffled any feathers or damaged any pride in the process.

#34 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

If anyone's feathers have been ruffled then they are idiots. Everyone has a budget, yours is a tad difficult to work to but not impossible.

Just don't but a money pit!

#35 Silent Steve

Silent Steve

Tit

• 2,000 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

How very dare you all.

I just read this thread and my pride is so damaged, my feathers so ruffled and my gruntle so dissed that I am going to have a double Octomore and a lie down.

#36 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

http://www.autotrade...34076?logcode=p

Not far from me (in fact it's in the same town although I've never seen it before!)

EML is on so needs a new lambda sensor, also I suspect the oil leak is from the oil filter housing. Both relatively easy fixes.

I'd put money on the problem being a little more complex for the EML than suggested. There are some easy checks that could identify the truth of the problem.

My concern would be that the wiring harness has been stripped and the cable management by the EGR valve is missing... Especially given the missing 'service history' bits of the ad are disconcerting.

However it could be an innocent sale, for a very reasonable price. If Mel hears some good news today, I may be visiting this car.

#37 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Well I haven't been short on cars being offered to me.

In contrast I only had one even with my larger budget, and unfortunately the description put me off withot going any further.

#38 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

good luck, this one is sold but they do come up if youve time on your hands.  http://www.pistonhea...---2001/1666103

#39 Silent Steve

Silent Steve

Tit

• 2,000 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

How can a car this entertaining go for £5k.

The world has gone mad. :angry2:

#40 jsovx220

jsovx220

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sold this to Alex for £6.5K, what do you think?  I was gutted when he drove off.  Other than a few paint imperfections this car was spot on.

http://www.pistonhea...---2002/1651930

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users