Sssf No Just F

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#21 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Cheers guy, feel absolutely fine today, good stuff that scotch last night. What is hurting the most is my pride. Just the gash on my forehead so not bad. 60 mph just passed a woman in a car that I had been along side from the lights and the thing just span straight into the barrier. She saw everything and stopped. Trapped inside for a while till I saw smoke then climbed out fast as you do. Lol nice big red smudge of blood on the screen from my head ? That's about it over in a split second. Have some nice close ups on my phone for your entertainment but can't get them off at the moment. So you don't think it will mend :lol:

#22 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Cheers guy, feel absolutely fine today, good stuff that scotch last night. What is hurting the most is my pride. Just the gash on my forehead so not bad. 60 mph just passed a woman in a car that I had been along side from the lights and the thing just span straight into the barrier. She saw everything and stopped. Trapped inside for a while till I saw smoke then climbed out fast as you do. Lol nice big red smudge of blood on the screen from my head ? That's about it over in a split second. Have some nice close ups on my phone for your entertainment but can't get them off at the moment. So you don't think it will mend :lol:

I bet UKlotuscentre would be willing to give it a try. Could lead to another Imran thread. Glad someone was there to validate your account, as I know all too many hot-headed bobbies who would be inclined to overlook facts for a witch-hunt. Plus having had the assessment method for accidents described to me by a former 'assessor' they seem all too focussed on making decisions based on 'facts' and values the ignore the natural variables in cars.

#23 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you get to see the car or know where its located, check rear toe links. If its that then might help to understand why. Feeling for you, never nice to see this.

#24 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Don't worry about your pride having taken a hit, just focus on getting your confidence of drving one of these again quickly. As soon as you are in a fit state to drive get the NA out and get back on the road. Having been through a big crash years ago, I can say that having trust in the car, other drivers and yourself takes some rebuilding. plastic and metal is just that - a VXR may have died - but it kept its occupant alive. The car did it's job!!!

#25 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Holy balls! Glad you were able to get out; I can see how easy it could be to end up trapped in one of these. To repeat what has been said before, glad you are mostly ok and it's only a car.

#26 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Glad your ok. Looks fukin horrible

#27 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Fcuk me that's a shocker. :( :o Looks like there where only inches in it of it having been a very different outcome. Where you driving with the roof off or was it thrown off somewhere during impact / removed afterwards? I hope the insurance is kind to you and you make a full and speedy recovery. :grouphug:

#28 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yes it did its job well, tough little buggers. The cops said as he drove up he thought he was attending a fatal. And said he had seen deaths in cars with less damage, but they just fall to bits around the tub which was fine. The barrier was cut into the seat head rest were my head should have been, but some how my head hit the screen which is odd it hit central missing the air bag and high up you can see the splat marks on my phone pics :lol:

#29 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Still can't believe this Gordon! Glad to see you're not feeling it too much this morning, that Scotch is magical stuff :lol:

#30 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

wow! lucky man main thing is your alive and back on forum. T cut and it will all be sorted 

#31 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Still can't believe this Gordon! Glad to see you're not feeling it too much this morning, that Scotch is magical stuff :lol:

Happy that you are around to share this. Could of been an absolutely terrible thread. You are one lucky guy, best thank your lucky stars. Seriously shocking pictures... Do you now have a driver's side sill trim available.. ;)

Edited by Јason, 27 October 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#32 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Jesus Gordon! Just showed the pic to Lady GiGo and here quote "He doesn't do things by half, im sure a bit of glue could fix that" She also says glad your ok.

#33 Asheey

Asheey

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Women and Beer.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

As said on facebook. Glad your ok mate.

#34 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

ghand, I can't add anything different to what has been said, very sad to see but truly glad your safe! Hope the future is not as harsh trying to get it all sorted. Good luck.

Edited by k5h4w, 27 October 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#35 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Just the gash

Fnarrr (in tre fld style) you said gash :lol: On a serious note as already said horrid to see, but glad you are ok :grouphug:

#36 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

fcuk Gordon that pic made me feel a bit sick. So glad you are ok. Like the rest, sending all the org love your way

#37 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Blimey not seen a vx in that state before. Sorry to hear that and glad you walked away from it.

#38 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Like I said on Facebook Sorry to hear this :( Was you accelerating when it happened?

#39 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

To get out of that virtually unscathed is somewhat of a miracle, in fact I still can't work it out. It's truly terrifying how these cars can bite back for no apparent reason. The only thing I think is that one wheel gripped and the other didn't. Glad you're ok mate.

#40 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Like I said on Facebook Sorry to hear this :( Was you accelerating when it happened?

Yes but not mad or hard as I was turning off just up the road and was just chilled pottering along, all the bloody high speed stuff for weeks learning about the car and having fun then binned at 60 on a straight road, just can't believe it still, pinch me and I will wake up from a bad dream :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users