• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

You mean the bolts themselves look a little crude? €40 gets you a 'dress up kit' which makes it all look a bit neater.

Is there a picture somewhere of that?

#62 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

On their website iirc

#63 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

You mean the bolts themselves look a little crude? €40 gets you a 'dress up kit' which makes it all look a bit neater.

Is there a picture somewhere of that?

Website seems to be down at the mo, so no detail pics.

However, there is this pic from Facebook that shows some red bolt dress ups.

Posted Image

#64 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Dome heads. Shouldnt be an issue in that position. Sexy seating that!

#65 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Meant that they come through the side into the seating position.

Ah yes, see what you mean George. Didn't notice them when sitting in the seat, even with my fat arse hips and one-pack, but Lee is probably the best person to speak to about these seats in terms of real world use.

I have to say I was impressed at how comfortable they were, for the few mins I sat in it. Plus, I think they look fcuking excellent ;)

#66 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

The bolts are dome heads with alli washers and nuts you don't notice them. As for comfort as good as original seats but look much better lol. They are very solid seats ;-)

#67 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

The bolts are dome heads with alli washers and nuts you don't notice them. As for comfort as good as original seats but look much better lol. They are very solid seats ;-)

Speak of the devil!

I'd be ordering the dress up lit myself, just as it makes it all look even sexier.

G

#68 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ah yes, see what you mean George. Didn't notice them when sitting in the seat, even with my fat arse hips and one-pack, but Lee is probably the best person to speak to about these seats in terms of real world use.

I have to say I was impressed at how comfortable they were, for the few mins I sat in it. Plus, I think they look fcuking excellent ;)

Yep in the same boat. I've sat in the seat and was impressed by it. Cant decide if i should get these or get a matching pax seat to the one i have. Wanted the probax but felt they were a few hundred more than i wanted to part with. How long is the group buy going on for as i may have another look/barter at autosport?

So two seats the same as yours with the fitting and dressing kits come in at 1294 euros minus 10% if you get 5 so just under a thousand pounds for a pair?

#69 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yep in the same boat. I've sat in the seat and was impressed by it. Cant decide if i should get these or get a matching pax seat to the one i have. Wanted the probax but felt they were a few hundred more than i wanted to part with. How long is the group buy going on for as i may have another look/barter at autosport?

So two seats the same as yours with the fitting and dressing kits come in at 1294 euros minus 10% if you get 5 so just under a thousand pounds for a pair?

We only need two pairs to get to 10% discount George ;)

Over 5 pairs and we're looking at 15%, and I'll be badgering Michelle for any extras I can get - I think SELOC get free or reduced shipping costs just for being a member so will try for the same.

As for how long the group buy will run until, I'm happy to let it last for a while yet. Everyone's just had christmas and are likely skint. I'd like to think we could get firm numbers by the end of January 2014, with payments probably by end of February. Of course the last part will be down to when Michele can have them manufactured by etc, and when CW would require payment.

G

#70 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Didn't think about delivery. Was my other pricing correct or am i getting my sums wrong? 1294 Euros with the lot for the same seat as you x2?

#71 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Didn't think about delivery. Was my other pricing correct or am i getting my sums wrong? 1294 Euros with the lot for the same seat as you x2?

Yup,

List is €1,294 before delivery. Though I think from reading stuff on the CW seats before that delivery was very reasonable anyway.

That's a pair of single skin carbon or kevlar seats, two lotus fitting kits, two dress up kits (which are €19 each) and two suede pads with stitching.

Looking at €1,165 after 10% discount. That's around £973 at today's rates.

G

Edited by Graeme Lambert, 29 December 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#72 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Not sure if you know as it's not fitted but can you get the seat far enough forward without fouling centre console to get the soft top behind the seats? Wish i drove Baja's car now rather than just sat in it. Love how my Tillett fits me but would prefer matching seats for aesthetics. Me and aesthetics :lol: anyone fancy a bum? :D

#73 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sorry George don't know for sure. Lee might have a better idea. Don't see why not though?

#74 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sorry George don't know for sure. Lee might have a better idea. Don't see why not though?

Its because the standard seat sits quite upright. My tillett is more relaxed so theres no chance. This is one of the big reason i liked/like the Lotus probax seats.

#75 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Its because the standard seat sits quite upright. My tillett is more relaxed so theres no chance. This is one of the big reason i liked/like the Lotus probax seats.

Put some wooden blocks on the pedals LOL

#76 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Kieran it's not reaching the pedals thats the problem it's that the seat is reclined so you can't go as far back. This is a problem for tall people or people that want to slide the seat far enough forward to put the soft top behind the seats.

Need Lee to confirm.

#77 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Kieran it's not reaching the pedals thats the problem it's that the seat is reclined so you can't go as far back. This is a problem for tall people or people that want to slide the seat far enough forward to put the soft top behind the seats.

Need Lee to confirm.

I think Lees seat is on a fixed race mount as he uses a pop off steering wheel

#78 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Need Lee to confirm.

Will give Mr DiCantis a poke

G

#79 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Need Lee to confirm.

I think Lees seat is on a fixed race mount as he uses a pop off steering wheel

indeed it is

Edited by Bargi, 30 December 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#80 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

My Jk seats where fixed but these seats are on standered runners so move back and fourth I will take some pics of how much they move Mr G and Mr G ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seats, composite worx, carbon fibre, harness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users