• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#21 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yeah I couldn't agree more! ^^

Edited by Bumblebee, 09 February 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#22 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Need to disable replies on cars for sale ads is dire.

#23 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

What about wanted ads? :P

#24 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Surely a 2GOOD vxr is worth 17/18k?

efa :D

#25 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Surely a 2GOOD vxr is worth 17/18k?

efa :D
I was going to say... :lol:

#26 tooshy1988

tooshy1988

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Hi every one prices never put me off am just waiting for someone off here to get back to me about selling his vxr thanks for the concern :-)

#27 YorkieAndrew

YorkieAndrew

• Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Seeking my 18 year old balls, DIY Landlord/Retailing slave, Politics (love a debate), Yorkshire Tea & a buttered Teacake

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Were there not a couple vxr's for sale last summer that struggled to sell (vxred, mmg)!? Agree with the talking down of prices but they'll be folk who don't think/like to inflate what THEY paid.

#28 zaff

zaff

• PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Cars Hifi and home cinema

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Suppose it depends on what you want. IIRC the two you mentioned had mods and plenty of them. Some people prefer standard with lower miles.

#29 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'm going to have the black one, one day. 

I thought, it was no longer?

Its fine, got lots of miles now , but fine.

#30 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

I think the op had a shock with prices. I sent him pics and details of mine . he then asked for the price. The price was similar to the figure mentioned above and have had no reply since. I was not bothered anyway as my other flight of fancy will be available for a long time yet.   It will just continue to be a well looked after cherished and rarely driven example.

Well the problem we have on here is that all the owners of the cars seem to take every opportunity to bash values of the cars so the view from outside looking in is that they can all be had for peanuts. This will have an effect on all the cars vxr or not.

yeah, that makes a BIG difference to values :rolleyes:

#31 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Course it will. It looks pretty bad to new people to the marque when owners are bashing the prices of their own cars. Kind of gives of the vibe that vx220s are just a car to be sold as cheaply as possible. Not to mention that it's just pretty bad manners. I must add that I myself haven't been subject to this treatment luckily so I have no personal axe to grind but it is not nice to see on others threads. Just makes people look catty tbh.

#32 tooshy1988

tooshy1988

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

The fella has getting back to me today his son wants the car so it's not forsale whitch is a shame looked really nice! So on the hunt again folks

#33 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Course it will. It looks pretty bad to new people to the marque when owners are bashing the prices of their own cars. Kind of gives of the vibe that vx220s are just a car to be sold as cheaply as possible. Not to mention that it's just pretty bad manners. I must add that I myself haven't been subject to this treatment luckily so I have no personal axe to grind but it is not nice to see on others threads. Just makes people look catty tbh.

Trust me it doesn't. The market driver is far more complex that an few weirdos on a website talking down the values of a minuscule proportion of sales. They are worth what people will pay for them, most of whom are not influenced by this site. And if they are, well they'll come up against people that are not and lose out. Take the example of the copart sale part week for vanquish's car, 'it's only worth £400' they said. 'If it goes over 1500 they are mad' Final price £2800 Why? Because that's what someone is prepared to pay for it.

#34 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

I know what I'm prepared to pay for the black VXR and it has no bearing on what is said on here

#35 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

Some are worried about price bashing, as they can't sell cheaply bought cars for premium prices. ;)

#36 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Lol you'd be surprised dude. The one I have at the moment is neither here nor there to me it will go when it goes. We all have a vested interest in maintaining value in the cars. My personal view on it is that I love the vx and just find it odd that people want to talk values down. It would be nice if a clam wasn't 50% of a cars value! This is on the whole a great forum but it's one of the areas where the lack of moderation has been a bit detrimental. If you remember on meganesport we stopped replies on cars for sale very early on for the same reason. That was probably you as well ;)

#37 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

I joined just as you sold up Jon (the golden years). :lol: Ill play nice though, might need a clam or hard top one day. ;) However my opinion on the comments is in 80% of sales they acturly help and persuade potential buyers. It's only on the odd occasion you get a numpty come along and slate a genuine car for little reason. I'd also say some of the more vocal amungst us might feel obliged to make an indirect coment, if the seller has put little thought of effort in to their add. Leaving obvious facts out and making wrongful claims of spec or quality is what gets some people's backs ups. I could see some kind of limitation on new members posting on the sale adds though. 9/10 it is them who bring the tone of the thread down. If they wanted advice they could simply start their own thread or contact others who've posted on the forum. Like we have in the past. :)

Edited by ArticMonkey, 11 February 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#38 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Lol you'd be surprised dude. The one I have at the moment is neither here nor there to me it will go when it goes. We all have a vested interest in maintaining value in the cars. My personal view on it is that I love the vx and just find it odd that people want to talk values down. It would be nice if a clam wasn't 50% of a cars value! This is on the whole a great forum but it's one of the areas where the lack of moderation has been a bit detrimental. If you remember on meganesport we stopped replies on cars for sale very early on for the same reason. That was probably you as well ;)

As a content moderator I can only follow what has been agreed. If you want a new for sale thread to be locked , then fine, thats not much of a overhead. Inevitably there will be a discussion thread , where buyers will want factual information , which is where it starts to go wrong with lots of speculation , posters doing a lack of research.

#39 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I'd agree where there's genuine misinformation it should be aired (imran) but if you look at all the cars for sale ads there's no really positive contribution that any of the replies make.

#40 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Something is worth what a buyer is wiling to pay regardless of what is said on here. Car dealers play both sides of the fence, buy cheap and sell high, that's business at the end of the day. I personally buy on what I see and not what some so called experts tell me. Bought my VXR for £18500 and sold it a year later for £21500 bonus, as I was not bothered about resale at the time of buying, I wanted one and that was that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users