• 13,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

It's also gear dependant

#42 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Here's the differences between the standard 3.95FD and 4.17FD. So getting a road speed reading at a high rpm will probably give you your best chance of working out what you've got.

Posted Image

#43 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

I think the reason I was slower due to my injector leaking as it did feel slow compered to power runs I was doing.

You have a boost leak passed the lower o-ring seal of the 60lb's? Do you have the grey inserts/adapters fitted with the rail raiser blocks? That should cure this definately. I think the 60's are a tiny bit taller than the original injectors and therefore may stick too far into the head with possible leakage. Might help to simply raise them a bit  by fitting some washers under the rail mountiings. (Maybe elongate the mounting holes for better fitment as the injectors are under an angle.)
My injector leaking is because of this so I've spoke to Peter and he says use a couple of washers and raise it buy 2mm, I take its the same thing as the raiser blocks? Do you know where the raiser blocks are for sale so I can buy a set?

The grey injector mounts/inserts are combined with rail raiser blocks. Fitted like that on the older B207/ Z20NET engines and I saw them also fitted on a Vectra Z22SE engine.

#44 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Had a quick look in the OBD manual, but cannot find any gearbox input. So not sure how OBD calculates internally.

Maybe it uses road speed (ABS signal) vs rpm signal to work things out, but then why does it then need the tire circumference.

Peter can help you out here, but I know the Z22 ecu needs to have the right gearbox settings to work properly.  

#45 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Had a quick look in the OBD manual, but cannot find any gearbox input. So not sure how OBD calculates internally.

Maybe it uses road speed (ABS signal) vs rpm signal to work things out, but then why does it then need the tire circumference.

Peter can help you out here, but I know the Z22 ecu needs to have the right gearbox settings to work properly.  

because you could have 10" wheels or 60" wheels and the ABS pulses would vary substantially for the same road speed and engine speed.

What he REALLY should do is the radius from the ground to the centre of the hub as tyre size is WRONG due to tyres not staying at full size when installed on a car.

#46 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ah yeah, off course. The ABS pulses would only register hub rpms... . :happy:

#47 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

the 4.17 gearbox is great for below 250 bhp, okay between 250 and 300bhp, but after 300 it's probably not required  :unsure:

Edited by vocky, 10 April 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#48 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Well, it's looking better again for your power measurements...    thumbsup

I'm still amazed at your low-ish inlet temps and would love to see this thing on some rollers to see what is what.    :D

#49 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

because you could have 10" wheels or 60" wheels and the ABS pulses would vary substantially for the same road speed and engine speed.

What he REALLY should do is the radius from the ground to the centre of the hub as tyre size is WRONG due to tyres not staying at full size when installed on a car.

That's all well documented in the OBD Tuner manual, together with a decent method of measuring the effective diameter: mark the tyre and the road where it hits the road and move the car forward (or backward when so inclined) until the mark on the tyre is closest to the road again. Measure distance to the first mark on the road. Divide by pi. Done, with reasonable accuracy  

#50 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

That's all well documented in the OBD Tuner manual, together with a decent method of measuring the effective diameter: mark the tyre and the road where it hits the road and move the car forward (or backward when so inclined) until the mark on the tyre is closest to the road again. Measure distance to the first mark on the road. Divide by pi. Done, with reasonable accuracy  

Thats better than initially suggested then :)

I'm not about to read the manual for something I cant/dont use :lol:

#51 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

So looks like I will be needing a bigger pulley set-up still.

#52 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Get in on a set off rollers and do the Dutch power measurement on the same run, Then all the doubters might give the software a chance Every single run I have done has been shot down from someone, I have never said it was accurate to someone's else RR but it's my measurement and in control of it. I would love to see RR calibration on the day of the run to and also would like to no where the RR sensors are put compared with where they should be put

#53 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Wat are your MAP/Boost readings during the full power runs?

We fitted an 80mm (3.15) pulley on the Harrop to keep the temps down during track use, but still see close to 90°C inlet temps... Water injection to the resque! :happy:  

And looking to that graph; the power drop at max rpm is quite sudden and looks a bit similar to Chill's. Was an ignition timing issue:

http://www.vx220.org...54#entry1676905

(Can you update your build thread with latest engine specs and results? Spend some time searching to what cams you have fitted in this.)

Edited by Exmantaa, 10 April 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#54 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

(Can you update your build thread with latest engine specs and results? Spend some time searching to what cams you have fitted in this.)

:yeahthat:

#55 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Could you wire in the tmap wrong and get different temp readings?

#56 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm will update my project thread when I've got the results I want as 400 is to much. Harrop Supercharger Elise Triple pass radiator Blower Comp Cams GM Racing Valves 0,5mm Oversized Supertech Dual Valve Springs Siemens 630cc injectors 2.9 6 rib Supercharger Pulley Ported Exhaust Ports Wiesco Pistons 8.9:1 Comp 0.20 Oversized Eagle Rods Full 3 inch wrapped Chris Tullet exhaust system Uprated Courtney sport clutch TTV lightened flywheel Balancer delete Walbro 450 uprated fuel pump ARP head bolts 4.17 lower ratio gear box Phenolic spacer 6 rib conversion Bosch 2.5 map sensor

#57 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Pulley ?

#58 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Get in on a set off rollers and do the Dutch power measurement on the same run, Then all the doubters might give the software a chance Every single run I have done has been shot down from someone, I have never said it was accurate to someone's else RR but it's my measurement and in control of it. I would love to see RR calibration on the day of the run to and also would like to no where the RR sensors are put compared with where they should be put

Come on dude don't be like that

#59 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Is it obvious people are pissing me off

#60 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yeah but people are only asking for more information so shouldn't get pissed off because of that. When figures compare to similar specs to what they have seen in the past and iats have dropped by half whilst power has increased considerably they are asking for more info as they want similar results Chill... Chill ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users