• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

I was well impressed with the value for money of the select you own fixings offered in Wilkinsons so I thought I would share and recommend. Should come in handy on the VX for replacing lost / corroded items and the M8 wing nuts are perfect for easier headlight removal.

In the store they have a divided trough with lift up lid where you can put however many of what ever you want into a small (£1.99) or large (£2.99) bag. The assumption is that the bag should be able to be sealed up but no where does it say this and the wording of the sign above says something like 'FILL a bag with as much or as little as you wish' so I tried to take the p*ss a bit and took an open bulging one to the checkout. :lol:

Needless to say the checkout assistant was not impressed and called the manager over to explain that the bag should be closable. I half heartedly argued the point of false advertising and that if they where that bothered they should put up a sign or sell them by weight. She agreed and said I was not the first one, with that I conceded and tipped a few back out for someone to re-sort later. :lol:

The stupid thing is they where (as many shops do) selling small bags with maybe 10 washers etc in right above the trays for around £1.30 just on their own. :wacko:

Anyway this is the sort of quantity of stuff you can expect to get into a bag. For less than three quid I think it's excellent value and it easily equates to point something of a penny per thing. I'll be going in again when next in town for some other screws and bits. thumbsup

Posted Image

#2 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Can't argue with that .....you tight git!!! Lol.

#3 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Not tight at all just wanted to take full advantage and get my monies worth out of principle. :)   

#4 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

What fittings should I get then for the VX, can you list them?

#5 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

.....you tight git!!! Lol.

:yeahthat: So you can run the vx on a fiver :rolleyes:

#6 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Guessing they are standard zinc plated steel? If I didn't get them free from work I'd definitely be there! :D

#7 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Guessing they are standard zinc plated steel? If I didn't get them free from work I'd definitely be there! :D

Same here. Workshops consumable stores are great for raiding!

#8 PHB1969

PHB1969

Premium Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Can I do an Alan Partridge and take a slightly larger bag (which I have transferred the official sticker to) :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: washers, wing nuts, bolts, screws

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users