Photo

Which Vx220 Na Cat Back Exhaust System - Milltek ?

milltek na cat back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Cars !

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Help !

So the Larini cat back has gone and was replaced by an OE box (long story).  I absolutely hate how dull the car now sounds and need to do something to restore some of the audible excitement to match the driving experience - I know this will never be an Ecotec strong point.  The one positive of the OE over the Larini is that it is much better on the motorway - less drone, which I have appreciated on the odd occasion I've been in a hurry. 

So the question is - what is the best cat back system to put on that sounds better than the standard box - ideally a bit more base and volume, but isn't too loud, doesn't drone too much on the motorway and won't cost the earth.  I'd even fit a used system as the car does relatively few dry miles.  Previous threads I've read suggest that the Milltek cat back would fit the bill but I'm only going to spend the money if it is a real improvement over standard.

#2 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

my car has miltex, sounds better then standard. You could go to an exhaust fabricators and get something made, tell then it cant drone and has to be no louder then 95bd and see what they say?

#3 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Milltek sounds like what you need

Louder than standard but not too loud

#4 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

I have an early Milltek fitted to my NA and it took a very long time for it to start sounding ok. Perhaps later Millteks were more 'throaty' from new.

Since having the car supercharged I'm pretty sure the exhaust has become somewhat louder, possibly because the sound deadening material is being blown out! The exhaust is about 10 years old now though!  :blush:

#5 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

Search Pipo mod

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: milltek, na, cat back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users