• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#1 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Looks like a 2015 French Frolic is now going to happen with tracks as per below. Ledenon is well worth doing as is Charade if they can get the dates. Would be good to have a few VXs. The location in Orange is superb an a perfect place for making a holiday of the event 3 track days Ledenon is confirmed. We will then also visit TWO of Charade, Le Luc or an evening at Paul Ricard. There is a 60% chance we will visit all 4 if we do the price for those who havent booked will rise higher for those who have there will be no increase. If we end up confirming Charade & the Paul Ricard evening, but not Le Luc, we will make the most of the day near Paul Ricard which is a very nice area as you can expect and keep the group together at the coast. 6 nights accommodation If we dont visit Charade then its 6 nights at the IBIS Orange with pool and in the fantastic Roman town. If we do visit Charade, then 2 nights 3 star accommodation in or around clermont ferrand plus 4 nights at the IBIS Orange with pool. We plan a day off between tracks but if the full 4 circuit trip comes off we may do Le Luc during day and Paul Ricard in evening. So there will be plenty of time off and no back to back days with circuits. Dates 16th August 22nd August

#2 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Charade is a fantastic circuit.

#3 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

awesome

will book this

#4 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

Frolic 2015
1. siztenboots - booked

#5 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

I can't see the event on LoT. How do you book?

#6 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Currently I think that they are just gauging interest & taking bookings from previous attendees since the exact details are not yet finalised. Once finalised it will be in the LOT events list, likely to be early Oct

#7 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Sounds awesome.

Whats the rough cost for this Paul?

G

#8 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Tracks days incl accomodation will probably be circa £950 once all details have been finalised. IMO good value for 3-4 tracks days and 6 nights accomodation but will need to factor in costs of getting to Orange & back

#9 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

fao this years frolicers , from dijon to Orange which route did people take? As we found the D996 okay from Dijon to Bourg-en-Bresse was good , but as soon as we hit the road alongside the Rhone it was slow and we had to jump on the autoroute to make up a lot of time. I think the trick to next years will be a careful plan for the route down and back. I think spending just a little bit more on the hotel midway would be worth having a decent meal and things like a pool for instance. If we starting planning asap it will be worth it. Going direct, I would be going Eurotunnel to midway point A , then Orange next day . Or you could have a longer break of days touring the alps, then do the frolic. Or do the touring after the frolic. Depending upon final plan from Paul ( provisional itinerary ) Charade/Ledenon/Le Luc/Paul Ricard 16th August Sunday - 17th August Monday : 2 nights at the Clermont Ferrand 3 star hotel, 18th August Tuesday - 22nd August Saturday : 4 nights at the IBIS Orange with pool, 23rd August Sunday : return Ledenon/Le Luc/Paul Ricard 16th August Sunday - 22nd August Saturday : 6 nights at the IBIS Orange with pool, 23rd August Sunday : return

#10 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Pity about the timing. Right in the middle of the school hols. This year was better for me as it was at the end. It would cut into other possible plans for the summer.

Unless I did my 4 weeks road trip in the USA and straight onto France. Bloomin eck that would be tough!

#11 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Its in the events list. Are you a member?

http://www.lotus-on-...ent.php?eid=890

Edited by P11 COV, 25 September 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#12 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

fao this years frolicers , from dijon to Orange which route did people take? As we found the D996 okay from Dijon to Bourg-en-Bresse was good , but as soon as we hit the road alongside the Rhone it was slow and we had to jump on the autoroute to make up a lot of time.

We followed the D966 for a while & was good but think we jumped on to the Autoroute before Bourg-en-Bresse due to no bars being open through the villages and decided the only way to find food etc was the Autoroute services. Just need to double check that the days don't clash with anything else before booking. Will know by the end of the weekend but 95% sure I will be booking this.

#13 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Tracks days incl accomodation will probably be circa £950 once all details have been finalised. IMO good value for 3-4 tracks days and 6 nights accomodation but will need to factor in costs of getting to Orange & back

Thanks Paul.

Per person I assume?

Who needs to get married anyway :lol:

#14 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Its in the events list. Are you a member?   http://www.lotus-on-...ent.php?eid=890

Doh! Forgot to sign in first! Booked :)

#15 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Paul. Per person I assume?   Who needs to get married anyway :lol:
Includes a double room and additional driver if required👍 Would make a good honeymoon😎

#16 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

really interested in this wonder if I will have the car still am having 2,3,4 thoughts about selling up. I missed spar a couple of years ago and would like to do a Europe trip with my mates. what noise limits are there?

Edited by NickB777, 25 September 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#17 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Nick, this years Frolic rekindled my love of the VX. Prior to the event I was having thoughts on selling but after France and a good day at Snetterton Monday I have at last seen why I liked it a few years ago Noise limits this year were all drive by, no static tests, and no one had any problems. In fact I doubt that there were any actual meters turned on! The only likely problem next year could be Charade which is why this circuit is not yet confirmed, PG is still trying to book one of the few "noisy" days that they are allowed

Edited by PaulCP, 25 September 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#18 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thanks Paul. Per person I assume?   Who needs to get married anyway :lol:
no, that's for a doulbe room so same cost for 2

#19 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Actually for two people that's not bad.

G

#20 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

really interested in this wonder if I will have the car still am having 2,3,4 thoughts about selling up. I missed spar a couple of years ago and would like to do a Europe trip with my mates. what noise limits are there?

Sure to be a big trip to Zandvoort again next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users