29 replies to this topic

#21 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

You could alway turbo charged the z22se

Or install a complete B207R or Z20LET engine - cheaper and seem to be more readily available than Z20LET's.. Lighter and same power capacity (before breaking), turbo / ancillaries dependant.. Bolts straight in too with existing engine NA mounts, gearbox etc. Just need to figure out wiring (OBD Tuner works or LSJ) and plumbing..

#22 Bandris11

Bandris11

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

It´s my pleasure to read all comments here! I really appreciate!

I am looking for a cost effective tuning mode, where the goal is not 260+ HP, but a sustainable 200-220 HP that would be far enough for me I believe.

If the majority of comments say engine swap or supersharge the existing Z22SE I will believe you, since I am a kind of beginner on this topic. - that is why I ask :)

#23 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

If 200/220 is enough, you could do a stage 1 supercharge setup (ie no cooling)

That way all the work is done in the back, with the clam on.

Your main challenge would be to get your hands on an M62 SC with an 90mm pully on it (stage 1)

#24 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

For those power levels with a NA its going to cost you a considerable amount. SC without charge cooling will get you those levels for less money.

#25 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

If 200/220 is enough, you could do a stage 1 supercharge setup (ie no cooling) That way all the work is done in the back, with the clam on.   Your main challenge would be to get your hands on an M62 SC with an 90mm pully on it (stage 1)

are the laminovas still there in a stage 1 , so cooling is possible , it doesn't have to be a Proalloy setup

#26 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Very true. Just put a small rad in the ear, better than nothing and fine fire road use

#27 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'd not recommend putting a Z20LET into an NA, the effort would be way more than supercharging the NA. It's easy to be naive about the complexity of swapping the most major mechanical and most major electronic parts of your car - remember time = money, and it will take a LOT of time.

#28 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

Very true. Just put a small rad in the ear, better than nothing and fine fire road use

get a rad with a header tank in the top, once filled it should almost never need looking at.

#29 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Stage 1 SC with small rad in the ear to make sure you keep your 220bhp on hot days. These power levels will avoid all the issues of the high power SC cars.

#30 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

Stage 1 SC with small rad in the ear to make sure you keep your 220bhp on hot days. These power levels will avoid all the issues of the high power SC cars.

Mines just been converted like this with a small rad on the ear. Not measured output yet but should be around 250bhp. Very happy with it :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine;, motor;, swap;, turbo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users