#41 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:04 PM

A circle that goes the other way round? There's a chalenge for the Highways Agency!

M25 exit to M40 Westbound thumbsup

M4 Exit junction 8/9 Slough East thumbsup

Knee down on the bike on both still not got guts to take them flat out in car :blink:

#42 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:23 PM

Knee down on the bike on both still not got guts to take them flat out in car :blink:

Have you noticed that it's easier to take scary corners on a bike? Weird isn't it. It must have something to do with the right-off value.

Your brain must say "better take this one carefully, I don't want to have to replace a clam". :blink: On a bike it's more like "fcuk it, it's only a bit of faring".

:lol:

#43 ECM

ECM

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:28 PM

M25 exit to M40 Westbound thumbsup

M4 Exit junction 8/9 Slough East thumbsup

I'll raise you -

M3 Eastbound - M25 Southbound (anti-clockwise)

M25 anticlockwise - A21 Southbound

#44 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

Having done a few track days I think there's a bit of a misconception about the amount of tyre wear. Yes you will put more wear on the tyres, but you're hardly going to eat up a set that quick on normal tracks. Agree that track days are not cheap, but then neither is a few nights out and I think the buzz you get is incomparable ;)

I did the Heyford acadamy day, which whilst modest in instructional terms, does give a good flavour about car control especially the lift off oversteer exercise :o . At the end of the training you get one track session which is fun with no pressure. It was £99, loads of fun and I did learn something, and just to make you feel better there were Caterhams, EVOs and even a Radical on the same course.

Finally, a well run track day is pretty safe and I can't imagine why regular trackers would mind novices unless they are doing something wrong.

Shame we didnt know you were going as we live about 3 miles from there and Deana works on Heyford site. Still see you at Anglesea
Tim

#45 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:32 AM

Shame we didnt know you were going as we live about 3 miles from there and Deana works on Heyford site. Still see you at Anglesea
Tim

We'll know for next time and you can come and watch us screech and spin :lol:

See you in Wales thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users