Nitron

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

I thought I'd write a review of my experience with Nitron. About a year ago I thought it was about time I replace my Billies as they were looking a little worse for ware, I decided to upgrade to something that would suit fast road use and have the performance benefit for the occasional track day. 

I spoke to a dealer on this forum and was advised to go for the 46mm Nitron kit. I told him the car was going to be primarily used on road but that I would probably do around 4 or 5 track days a year. After a long discussion I spent the extra money and went for the 46mm shocks with helper springs. I was very pleased when they arrived and was impressed with the build quality. Unfortunately once fitted it became apparent the shocks were not performing properly. They were sent back and I was informed there was a bad batch of gassing screws that had caused my fault. The shocks were replaced and fitted to the car once again, although the shocks worked ok I was never completely satisfied and didn't think they were suitable for road use.

About 10 months on one of the shocks leaked again, this time I contacted Nitron directly. I won't go into detail but the dealer I had purchased the shocks from had assured me the 46mm's were the best shocks and best suited to what I wanted. I told Nitron the issue I had and they suggested I bring the car in to swap the 46mm shocks for the better suited 40's. As I was never completely satisfied with the 46's I took them up on their offer and took the car in. 

The service I received was fantastic from beginning to end which is testament to their professional customer service. I dropped the car in on Monday to find my new 40mm kit waiting on the side ready to be fitted. I explained I wanted slightly higher ride heights and what I used the car for. Today I got the train back to Oxford where Alex was waiting to pick me up. upon arrival the engineers were there waiting and took me through what they'd done. The work had clearly been carried out to a very high standard and care was taken when removing the diffuser etc. The car was corner weighted and ride heights were set exactly how I wanted. 

I took the car out with the technician on a very long test drive. He explained why the 40mm kit is better suited and apologised on behalf of the dealer for selling me a kit that wasn't really suitable. The car felt absolutely incredible, I can't believe how differently it drives. There's no banging or knocking and the shocks perform very well. They're much better suited to road use and i've no doubt they will perform very well on track too. 

Their service throughout was exceptional, all very polite and understanding. They even refunded me the difference in price from the 46mm kit as well as giving some compensation for the inconvenience caused. 

My opinion of Nitron has changed dramatically after dealing with them directly. It just shows how a poor dealer can damage a companies image. I cannot praise them highly enough, the car feels fantastic and the service has been exceptional! 

Andy

#2 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

who was dealer ?

#3 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

I'd rather not say. I just wanted to praise Nitron for their understanding and service.  thumbsup

#4 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

http://www.vx220.org...orsport-sussex/

Post #13

Edited by fiveoclock, 04 February 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#5 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Please don't make assumptions. Plans Motorsport was NOT the dealer that sold me the Nitrons. They just fitted the shocks after they were refurbished.  

I stand by my review of Plans Motorsport, their service and expertise is exceptional.

#6 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

If you dont say who it was then people can only make assumptions

#7 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

"He explained why the 40mm kit is better suited..."

Will be interesting to hear what Nitron told you for you car & purpose.  :happy:  (Can be of interest for future buyers..)

#8 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

40mm NTR's would appear to be better suited to any and every use over the 46's, according to just about everybody I've spoken to.

#9 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

"He explained why the 40mm kit is better suited..."

Will be interesting to hear what Nitron told you for you car & purpose.  :happy:  (Can be of interest for future buyers..)

40mm NTR's would appear to be better suited to any and every use over the 46's, according to just about everybody I've spoken to.

I'm not an expert, my advise would just be to contact Nitron directly for the best advice and service. There's no one that knows their products better than they do!

#10 danyeates

danyeates

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

I can confirm that Plans Motorsport didn't recommend or supply the original shocks. They were however very good at what they did do.

#11 Sammy

Sammy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

This is basically why I lost interest in doing a suspension refresh. Everyone says everything is brilliant, when in actual fact they are very likely to not be appropriate and highly likely be badly setup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users