• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Samwise

Samwise

• PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Track Days, Gaming, Building computers, Snowboarding! & Music

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Short and sweet: anyone else going to be getting it?

Preordered it myself, without a "next gen" console i've had a lack of sim-esque track racing games without Forza or Gran turismo so i've been looking quite forward to this one.

#2 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

no.

#3 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Come to the assetto corsa dark side...

#4 Samwise

Samwise

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

I Saw Assetto years ago on steam and it definitely caught my interest but I think its the fact that its still an early access game which is quite expensive for what it is (yes i know its still being worked on, thats the point of early access :) ) and the fact that project cars looked to be a much larger full fat project when i was looking between the two of them that swayed me toward project cars.

Not only that but I actually enjoy being a bit of a loner when it comes to driving games as I prefer the single player campaign/story modes rather than online gameplay although my last experience of online driving game is the horribleness that is Forza motorsport on xbox live and im sure Assetto Corsa being that its on pc is a much nicer, more mature and more fluid experience.

Although very arcadey I loved the offline-multiplayer style of Forza Horizon while having normal Forza alongside it for a bit more sim-esque experience with card modifications and fine tuning but Im not shelling out for a new console and at the end of the day im a Pc gamer :)

I must admit  i was expecting a little bit more banter and discussion about the subject but i guess I really will be playing project cars all alone, poor old me :tumble:

#5 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

I've preordered Project Cars on XboxOne. I like the look of Assetto Corsa, but don't have a PC to play it, nor do I desire to get a PC just for this. Console gaming is the only way I get my gaming fix now.

#6 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

Not only that but I actually enjoy being a bit of a loner when it comes to driving games as I prefer the single player campaign/story modes rather than online gameplay although my last experience of online driving game is the horribleness that is Forza motorsport on xbox live and im sure Assetto Corsa being that its on pc is a much nicer, more mature and more fluid experience.

:tumble:

Asking as a confirmed non-game-player (apart from Skylanders with my 5 year old son), what is horrible about Forza Motorsport online on XBox?

#7 Samwise

Samwise

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

:tumble:

Asking as a confirmed non-game-player (apart from Skylanders with my 5 year old son), what is horrible about Forza Motorsport online on XBox?

Well the few times I did try it it was either lagging with cars jumping all over the screen and contact/crashes being very odd or you would just get the usual idiots that would drive the wrong way around the track or treat it like banger racing. Granted im sure its all good fun if you're with friends but not so much when you're there to actually have a fair race with people online :)

but that was my limited experience when playing Forza 3 online, I know Forza 4 improved it a bit but I wasn't all that interested in trying it out, as I said the Forza Horizon way of recording your ghosts/times for your friends to try and beat in their own time was great

#8 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

assetto corsa isnt early access anymore, 

its been out for months now, since december, there are a couple things which are being added atm flags and better penalties for two.. but early access its really not. 

project cars looks nicer, but i have been playing it recently to see how its progressed (im a member of the team as i paid for it when it first came out) and its not bad, but no where near as good as assetto corsa.

infact AC are getting ready to release their first DLC.. a FULL laserscanned nordschliefe and ten cars.

nords in the fog

Posted Image

and here are the 10 DLC cars

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Samwise

Samwise

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Oh right I was not aware they officially released it, I happily stand corrected.

Im glad to hear they're releasing more cars as that was one of the things that put me off it at first, not that im expecting a huge Forza or Gran turismo level of cars (although the latest Xbox One Forza car list seemed lackluster) but there were literally a handful at first.

I've not really played either of them, I've only been looking at a few images, videos, etc and decided to just bite the bullet and put my money in to Project Cars

I'll see how it goes later in March I guess rallly

#10 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Project cars will be fine if you dont care about physics. Just remember unless you have a very high powered pc dont expect the graphics you will see in all these pictures or you will just be dissapointed. You could always get both, just wait for the steam sales, usually pick it up for £20.

#11 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

Problem I keep reading is that Project Cars physics have gone far too arcady, as its gone to console for joypad drivers.

You know the "Ive put £1 in" feeling

Assetto Corsa physics are simulation. (best played with wheel & peddles/clutch/H shifter)

I love console racing games, played many over the years but AC is on a different level.

Console games have always been fun to race on, I've done enough real track days and from AC you get that same track feeling.

Kids play consoles... MEN play PC  :tt:

You really have to give a good setup a try and you would be hooked

PS - try GRID AutoSport ... thats fun and cheap 

:P

Edited by mbes2, 25 February 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#12 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

AC for the win, I play it too. Like has been said before if you have invested in a decent enough PC to play you may as well get both as relative cost is small. Massive mod community in AC with some great cars and tracks. Buy the key away from steam and its a lot cheaper too.. http://www.allkeysho...compare-prices/

Edited by Jason, 25 February 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#13 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

Men WITH Kids play consoles... MEN without kids play PC  :tt:  

EFA

#14 Samwise

Samwise

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

:) I do have a fairly strong pc so performance isn't my worry. I have a steering wheel but use both that and an xbox 360 controller at times.

True, grabbing AC in a sale is always an option, after spending 1.3k on a Pc the idea of getting anything less than both games is silly I admit :P

I have and enjoy grid autosport but dont play it as much as I probably should, a bit too stubborn to come anything less than first at the start of the game is annoying because it means trying to beat the cheating AI on the Ravenwest team

#15 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

do yourself a favour.. stop waiting about, get AC bought and meet us all online for some fun races :) 

dont worry about being sh*t or slow.. its a provate hosted server so you can learn with us all in there.. also i have a teamspeak server which we all chat in when we are driving so no being a loner any more.

#16 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

We were all converted to ac.... it makes sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users