• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Cars !

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Anyone got any experience of the Eibach lowering kit for the NA ? Basically just a new set of springs. A colleague fitted them to his BMW and said they were fantastic. Also, is it difficult to fit new springs ? http://www.dcperform...hall/vx220.html

Edited by Jezza123, 26 March 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#2 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Guess you could go that route but you will need spring compressors to swap them on the existing shocks and you still have shocks snd collars that might need a refurb I would wait and stick some more cash to it and change the lot to fully adjustable

#3 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Chances are the spring platforms will be corroded to hell so you'd need new of those. Note a product that is good on one car might be a bag o shite on another

#4 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

I had these on my na. Ran fine for me with 16 inch rims on front. I did manage somehow to snap the driver front side spring, in 2 places. With a spring compression tool easy job, after you get the old spring plus damper out.

#5 Paulus H

Paulus H

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I really appreciate my car. I have piled on 100,000 miles in 8 years of ownership. I still love every day I get in it

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

Nicely spotted Jezza.

Kind regards, Paul

#6 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Sorry, Only just looked at the price... OH MY!!!! unless that includes fitting :lol:

anyway, if you are able to pick suitable springs etc then you could try Faulkner

eg

oh fFFFFFSSSSSSS paste isn't working... www.dfaulknersprings.com and look at the relevant pages (I think 1.9" ID but could be wrong)

#7 DanGT

DanGT

• Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Silly plastic cars

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Did find out standard rates for na but can't remember what they are now. Exige is 271 lb/inch front and 371 lb/in rear Yes they are 1.9 inch springs. I believe the free length is something like 8 inches front 10 inches rear. Easily measured when you remove them. I would rather go for the Faulkner ones as you can choose the rate. Don't forget an inch shorter spring doesn't mean an inch shorter ride height. More like 2 inches!

#8 DanGT

DanGT

• Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Silly plastic cars

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Just to add a Bmw is a fat wallowy thing which could do with increased spring and damping rate as well as a raft of other changes. Don't expect your Vx to be improved by fitting a certain brand of spring etc.

#9 Bart

Bart

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:03 AM

I have set laying about fitted on the original shocks. Only ran about 4000miles (car only had 9000miles on his clock � ). If you are interrested, let me know

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: springs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users