Photo

Lotus Selling Off All Their Vx220 Spares.

parts

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

I may be able to sort out storage but it will have to be paid  for ,its not far from the Lotus parts centre in Norwich, I have spoken to Roger at Stratton Motor co, the value of the parts is quite high.££££s not something to just jump in on .

Edited by kieranmcc, 21 May 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#22 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

I may be able to sort out storage but it will have to be paid  for ,its not far from the Lotus parts centre in Norwich, I have spoken to Roger at Stratton Motor co, the value of the parts is quite high.££££s not something to just jump in on .

Exactly, the price is always going to be the sticking point, and it depends whats included in the parts. Take two of the high value you items:

clams, they were stored outside which is why the later clams experience bubbling. What will the condition of the clams be now?

Headlights, they were made by Wypac and commissioned by Vauxhall, so will many be stored by Lotus? I doubt it, they certainly wouldn't hold many as when it moved to spares supplies, it would have been direct Vauxhall orders from Wypac.

So there could end up being a lot of stuff which is relatively low value. Before anyone commits they need some idea, and even when they do commit they need a lot of capital to invest and to know they'll get a return. Odds are, it'll have to be a business. That's the reason I've pointed elise parts here. It may even end up being a case of splitting the stock between a number of retailers.

#23 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

I would imagine most of the bits will be odds and sods. Lotus actually have an eBay outlet where they have been disposing of seats and the like. Can't see that they would be sat on 100 sets of lights but hopefully there will be some useful bits. The sills are discontinued so they would be good to get. Most of the new parts come from Opel in Germany so I think this lot will be left over from assembly and warranty commitments.

#24 Arno

Arno

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

More worrying for the VX/Speedster community out there IMHO is that this means that the car as far as specific parts goes, has been pretty much 100% orphaned now and if you're waiting for VX-specific bits from Lotus then it may well be 'game over' as GM/Vauxhall probably doesn't buy/make these themselves aither and went via Lotus.

Hopefully these parts can be bought and some enterprising people can make pattern-parts for a lot of the VX-specific interior, body and fixtures or otherwise repairing these will become nigh on impossible as parts will get very scarce.

Similar to the Lotus Omega/Carltons where a number of suspension, engine and drivetrain bits (which were mostly Lotus originated bits) are rare as hen's teeth and nobody makes 'em anymore..

Bye, Arno.

#25 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

I am having a full list being emailed to me .

#26 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

I would imagine most of the bits will be odds and sods. Lotus actually have an eBay outlet where they have been disposing of seats and the like. Can't see that they would be sat on 100 sets of lights but hopefully there will be some useful bits. The sills are discontinued so they would be good to get. Most of the new parts come from Opel in Germany so I think this lot will be left over from assembly and warranty commitments.

On car builds parts have to be kept by the manufacture for ten years after end of production then they can be sold on

#27 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

Which is now. Last car was built in 2005.

#28 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

IIRC 'have to' was a guideline rather than a rigid rule.  I'm surprised it's been kept going this long TBH. 

The list of parts has gone round all the dealers so it's not an exclusive.  I've got the list heading my way too.

#29 karlb123

karlb123

• PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Actual NPC engineer.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

I am having a full list being emailed to me .

I would be interested to know this list.

Also whats the asking price....

#30 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

So come on, who has list? And how much are they wanting?

#31 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

interesting to see the list, wonder how much storage space would be required? 

#32 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

I had a response from Geary, he was contacted around 6 weeks ago about the same stuff, and most of it is priced highly and not in demand. 

#33 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

From what I was told it is a take it all no cherry picking.

#34 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

Remember this is being sold by a company with NO money

#35 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

90% of the sh!t they sold off on twatbay was i) sh!t and ii) over priced, so no surprises on that front.

#36 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Apart from some nice Evora seats...

#37 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

I had a response from Geary, he was contacted around 6 weeks ago about the same stuff, and most of it is priced highly and not in demand

my first thoughts  :rolleyes:

if it's good stuff and a good price it will easily sell, but if it's silly stuff like foam inserts for the sills it will never sell  :lol:

#38 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Apart from some nice Evora seats...

In rancid colours. thumbsdown

#39 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

Not necessarily...

#40 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

I find all this odd. I'm only in this madness for 2yrs, I've seen on this forum a few cars with damage & a few written off! I've seen many orgers begging to know where they can acquire parts just to replace when they believed it needed updating? But then we find there's been a hidden haul and yet it appears that it's a sketch from Storage Wars? Here's a sh*t load of stuff, this is its value? Even you .orgers dealing are sound suspicious imho?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users