first vx220 newbie project

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tange

Tange

• 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Hi All,[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I have purchased my first VX220[/color] 2003 recently which has been in a bump, so I am reviving it back to its former glory!

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]It's has done just over 46000 miles and other than the damage it looks like it has been very well looked after. I have been looking for a project to get my teeth into for a while and I can't wait to get it on the road and take it for a spin.[/color]

The Damage:

• Front Splitter ripped off Front Clam
  • Cracked Rear Clam
  • Bend Exhaust
  • O/S Sill Smashed
  • N/S Sill Cracked
  • O/S Rear Hub Snapped

So there has been a fair bit for me to repair and replace but she is coming along very nicely and I have decided to do a whole respray!

If anyone can give me any pointers on what to change, replace or look out for whilst the car is stripped to death, I would really appreciate any advice or help as I am quite a noob on what to look out for tbh (I have checked the chassis though and that is not twisted as a few people have said that can happen).

All in all very excited to get it on the road as I have never had anything like this before and looking forward to be apart of the VX community!

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Tange[/color]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first vx220, newbie, project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users