Thought i'd better start some sort of thread to keep track of my project, a VX220 Moonland Turbo. Mostly for myself so that I can look back and think why on earth did I bother.
I purchased the car at the end of January 2018 as a non runner and looking very sorry for itself.
Problems noticed first off from visual inspection without taking anything apart.
- Front clam various damage / cracks / bits missing (including both wing mirrors)
- Engine hadn't been started in years.
- Damage to underside of sills & large under tray.
- Windscreen & passenger side glass both been smashed.
- Brakes rusted and grabbing making pushing it on / off trailer
+ Others that i'm sure will manifest & show themselves as I work my way through it all.
Photos of how it looked just after i'd got it back into my storage.
Unfortunately at the start of summer 2018 I purchased my first house, so everything fun was put on hold until the house was finished & it didn't need anymore money throwing at it. So it was left with a sheet over in storage, and then fast forward to the start of 2020 and we're ready to crack on.