😲
I never said a word lol
Liar you said Ford Capri lol

#22 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

Sorry Kieran, using the Cortina pic was a bit of a cheap shot. Just to redress the balance, I got a pic of your car in all it's glory ;)

Posted Image

#23 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Sorry Kieran, using the Cortina pic was a bit of a cheap shot. Just to redress the balance, I got a pic of your car in all it's glory ;)

Posted Image

You are all just p*ss takers 😆

#24 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

i like it, but ill be honest..  the spoiler is a no.. its positioned aesthetically in the wrong place.. also, why didn't you make it so you could fit it without those horrendous catches on the side? also, with no roof on it looks fine (i did the same on mine) however, with the standard hard top on.. no.. looks... erm, unmatched, wrong, like it doesnt belong, it really needs the propper hardtop to go with it.

#25 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the comments however I only read the first 3 words the rest was dribble

#26 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

The one I bought from France is OEM fit no cutting the Clam

Yup, looks good. :P

Posted Image

I know this is going to mark me out as an arch Essex-boy, but that (even with the tasteful mods) is giving me pangs.... 'tina Mk 4 - Legend.

#27 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

I like that I would have one myself if it was a easy job of finding one and fitting one

Any pictures of your car mate...

#28 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Nice one Dave! You are the guy to thank for removing the only other Europa Blue VX in my street!

Hi Myles, it is the car from across the road from you, done nearly 1300 miles in with no problems although i did put a battery on it.

#29 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

I like that I would have one myself if it was a easy job of finding one and fitting one

Any pictures of your car mate...
pm me your email

#30 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

it wasnt that difficult or expensive in my view. But i did nothing lol only paid the money

#31 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the comments however I only read the first 3 words the rest was dribble

well dont ask for opinions then if you cant take it..  i was trying to be nice. 

if your trying to make it look "race car" it didnt work.

#32 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

I agre with Chris the wing doesn't go ,it would look better without the wing or if you want a wing go for a different one . The coupe does look good with the soft top on ,not slaiting it just saying it could look better ;-)

#33 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

its not the type of wing, its where the wing is placed. it reminds me of them silly positioned spoilers on mr2's which are behind the window, if his spoiler was further back i think it would make it look much better.

Posted Image

i recon that it also doesnt help the uprights are quite close together aswell, makes it look more halfords than actually supposed to be there.

Edited by chris_uk, 20 October 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#34 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

I agre with Chris the wing doesn't go ,it would look better without the wing or if you want a wing go for a different one . The coupe does look good with the soft top on ,not slaiting it just saying it could look better ;-)

Hi lee,

I appreciate yours and Chris's comments it was after all your cars that kind of made me aware of these panels. I contacted jimmy and asked for the panel with out the hard top expecting to probably get it altered and end up binning it because it looked crap.  

It looks better than I thought it would and was done on the pretence that I did not want to spend loads of cash and have to pay (because I can't do it) hours of fabrication, when I bought the car I drove it home with the hard top on (obviously) and hated it, put the soft top on and felt so much more relaxed in it a 6' tall my head was hitting the roof with the hard top (hard top for sale shortly) I love the look of the car with the soft top. The wing I will be honest and say was not a lot of money (fleabag) but I like it and more importantly it is fastened to the panel so no holes in the clam.

What I wanted was to have a car looking good with the rear panel but use it as before with the soft top  

#35 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Hi lee,

I appreciate yours and Chris's comments it was after all your cars that kind of made me aware of these panels. I contacted jimmy and asked for the panel with out the hard top expecting to probably get it altered and end up binning it because it looked crap.  

It looks better than I thought it would and was done on the pretence that I did not want to spend loads of cash and have to pay (because I can't do it) hours of fabrication, when I bought the car I drove it home with the hard top on (obviously) and hated it, put the soft top on and felt so much more relaxed in it a 6' tall my head was hitting the roof with the hard top (hard top for sale shortly) I love the look of the car with the soft top. The wing I will be honest and say was not a lot of money (fleabag) but I like it and more importantly it is fastened to the panel so no holes in the clam.

What I wanted was to have a car looking good with the rear panel but use it as before with the soft top  

And with no top which for me is what it is all about

#36 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

how come he got a propper reply and i got a load of dribble..  :angry2:

#37 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Lol just thinking of you rant on jimmy any body want a coupe panel thread

#38 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

it was deserved. 

#39 lloydsrsl

lloydsrsl

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

Maybe, probably, politics all I know is I wanted a back of him asap....

#40 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

.... The wing I will be honest and say was not a lot of money (fleabag) but I like it and more importantly it is fastened to the panel so no holes in the clam....

Not sure how you've fastened the panel to the car but if its just the two clips at the front I'd be worried about the extra drag the spoiler provides (If fitted just to cover) ripping it all off...  :huh:

If there's a few more hidden fastenings then it would probably be ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users