• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hi all, Met up with Mani and Phil (ChippyFA) at the weekend and we discussed some final preparations for the Bruntingthorpe charity day. To make 'Team VX220' a bit more official so that punters know who we are, we're thinking of having some t-shirts made up. Some of the old timers have them already and they're white and red with black/yellow text iirc. Could someone upload a pic please if you have one? Attractive models preferred but not essential. Basically, I could see if I can find somewhere to copy this design but personally, I think it could be a good opportunity for a refresh. To keep costs sensible, it might just be a white cotton t-shirt with a large VX220 logo on the back and a smaller logo on one side of the chest. I'm not sure whether to add 'Bruntingthorpe' as that makes them a little less versatile but I'll go with the majority on this. I also have a friend who makes vinyl stickers and we wondered about numbering the cars with door plates. These would be a white vinyl circle (8" in diameter) with a black number (1-18) that could be stuck on either door. Your number will be whatever Mani has allocated you as in the meets thread. I would also have 'Team VX220' added in smaller text (also black). They can be easily removed and will not damage your paintwork. I want to gauge interest before getting quotes so please indicate your level of interest by adding your username in the relevant sections below. Adding your t-shirt size would also be helpful please. I'd estimate t-shirts to be £15 max and stickers to be £5 max. I am not doing this to make any profit so you'll only pay actual costs. Old timers t-shirt 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe) 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. 3. Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. 3. Thanks

#2 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hi all, Met up with Mani and Phil (ChippyFA) at the weekend and we discussed some final preparations for the Bruntingthorpe charity day. To make 'Team VX220' a bit more official so that punters know who we are, we're thinking of having some t-shirts made up. Some of the old timers have them already and they're white and red with black/yellow text iirc. Could someone upload a pic please if you have one? Attractive models preferred but not essential. Basically, I could see if I can find somewhere to copy this design but personally, I think it could be a good opportunity for a refresh. To keep costs sensible, it might just be a white cotton t-shirt with a large VX220 logo on the back and a smaller logo on one side of the chest. I'm not sure whether to add 'Bruntingthorpe' as that makes them a little less versatile but I'll go with the majority on this. I also have a friend who makes vinyl stickers and we wondered about numbering the cars with door plates. These would be a white vinyl circle (8" in diameter) with a black number (1-18) that could be stuck on either door. Your number will be whatever Mani has allocated you as in the meets thread. I would also have 'Team VX220' added in smaller text (also black). They can be easily removed and will not damage your paintwork. I want to gauge interest before getting quotes so please indicate your level of interest by adding your username in the relevant sections below. Adding your t-shirt size would also be helpful please. I'd estimate t-shirts to be £15 max and stickers to be £5 max. I am not doing this to make any profit so you'll only pay actual costs. Old timers t-shirt 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe) 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Thanks

#3 Gadget2

Gadget2

• Pip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Race & Sprint Marshall

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hi Ben,

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(235,240,243);]Old timers t-shirt[/color]

Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe)

Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe')

1. Cressey - Medium
2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE
3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss

Door sticker numbers

1. Cressey
2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE
3. Gadget2 ......Yes please

Thanks

#4 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

List now fixed. Gadget2, do you want both t-shirts in large? Old timers t-shirt 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe) 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large x2 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Yes please

#5 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

Old timers t-shirt

1. Cressey - Medium
3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss

Door sticker numbers

1. Cressey
2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE
4. sford - only because I'm no1!

Also not sure if I should get a new t-shirt as the old one is a few years old now. For reference, the old ones were polo shirts and given how burnt you will get the collar is helpful!

Edited by sford, 19 July 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#6 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll see what quotes are like. Btw, you'd actually be lucky number 7 I'm afraid as you're car 1 in group 2. Looks like Bobby would get the number 1 treatment.

#7 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll see what quotes are like. Btw, you'd actually be lucky number 7 I'm afraid as you're car 1 in group 2. Looks like Bobby would get the number 1 treatment.

I'm happy with a 7 as well!

#8 Tony

Tony

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Railways, Photography, DIY

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

Would also prefer a polo shirt, but will go with the flow.

It'll probably be pi$$ing down anyway as it looks like Mani has ordered the good wether a few weeks early..

Old timers t-shirt

1. Cressey - Medium
3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss
4. Tony - XL please

Door sticker numbers

1. Cressey
2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE
4. sford - only because I'm no1!
5. Tony

Also not sure if I should get a new t-shirt as the old one is a few years old now. For reference, the old ones were polo shirts and given how burnt you will get the collar is helpful!

#9 ChippyFA

ChippyFA

• PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:Throwing money at the Vx

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Count me in on both tee shirt and door stickers I've spoke to the better half and she's not bothered about a tee shirt Old timers t-shirt 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe) 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford - only because I'm no1! 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA

#10 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Count me in on both tee shirt and door stickers I've spoke to the better half and she's not bothered about a tee shirt Old timers t-shirt 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (without 'Bruntingthorpe) 1. 2. 3. Refreshed t-shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please 6. Ghand. Medium please. Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford - only because I'm no1! 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA

#11 Moschops

Moschops

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

So, are these plain t-shirts or polo shirts? The old ones are polo shirts and look smart, not sure a t-shirt would have the same effect? I'd happily pay a few extra £ if necessary to get a polo shirt. I'm glad you say the decals peel off easily afterwards. I remember decorating a friends car on his wedding day, then having to chip in towards a respray when the decals took a load of paint with them! I'll take a set of decals, but wait to see if polo shirts are an option before updating the list. (Sorry if I'm being a PITA!)

#12 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

I've had someone contact me through here to say they work at a place that does printing and can offer them at cost. Main reason for not staying polo shirts originally was purely to keep costs down but I think the majority would like polo shirts which I think would look better so let's do that. I've had stickers from this guy before and taken them off with no trouble. That said, I cannot offer any guarantees so if your paintwork is in poor condition and flaking, these would need to be stuck on at your own risk.

#13 Moschops

Moschops

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Refreshed t-shirt (now polo shirt) (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please 6. Ghand. Medium please. 7. Moschops. Medium please Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford - only because I'm no1! 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA 7. Moschops. Number 10 if that matters. If you want me to pay via PayPal gift, let me have your details, otherwise I assume cash on the day is ok?

#14 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

Nice one. Thanks for sorting the list out. Might just do cash on the day to keep things a little simpler.

#15 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

Put me down for a polo shirt as well in medium please.

Edited by sford, 21 July 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#16 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

Refreshed t-shirt (now polo shirt) (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please 6. Ghand. Medium please. 7. Moschops. Medium please 8. sford - Medium Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA 7. Moschops. Number 10 if that matters.

Edited by cressey, 21 July 2016 - 06:43 AM.

#17 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

Right folks,

I've put some designs together for the polo shirts and race numbers using some of the stuff GIGO sent me. I'm no graphic designer but hopefully these will give a good idea of how they'll look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:11 PM

Just added some sections as I'm not sure who doesn't want polo shirts or stickers. Need everyone's names for both products one way or another. Thanks. Refreshed polo shirt (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please 6. Ghand. Medium please. 7. Moschops. Medium please 8. sford - Medium Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA 7. Moschops. Number 10 if that matters. Do not want polo-shirt 1. 2. 3. Do not want door sticker numbers 1. 2. 3.

#19 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Have enquired about prices for door stickers and polo shirts today. Still waiting to hear back about stickers but polo shirts will be £17.50 each for an order of 10 polo shirts £14 each for an order of 20 polo shirts

#20 Pricelad

Pricelad

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

Refreshed t-shirt (now polo shirt) (with 'Bruntingthorpe') 1. Cressey - Medium 2. HARRY H - LARGE PLEASE 3. Gadget2 - Large please + another for the wife Boss 4. Tony - XL please 5. ChippyFA. XL please 6. Ghand. Medium please. 7. Moschops. Medium please 8. sford - Medium 9. Pricelad- large Door sticker numbers 1. Cressey 2. HARRY H....YES PLEASE 3. Gadget2 ......Yes please 4. sford 5. Tony 6. ChippyFA 7. Moschops. Number 10 if that matters. 8. Pricelad- yes please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users