• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

My first time at Brands Hatch GP, I have been wanting to do this circuit for many years now. Finally got the chance to get in with the race car session at Lotus On Track. Words cannot describe how much I love this circuit it's just absolutely fantastic, I had a permanent grin on my face from the first session. One of if not the best track day I have ever done. Massive thanks to Back on track once again, I have never enjoyed driving the car as much as I am at the moment it's just absolutely fantastic to drive. The Avons are now 2 years old and this was there 8th track day aka they are fully knackered. Amazing how well they held on considering however they were giving up towards the end of the day. Good to see Captain again and meet a few other VX ers. Some of the session highlights below :) https://youtu.be/MXzIDd7oGfY https://youtu.be/1Vx6jbn6hHY https://youtu.be/wHJtVbFxXto

#2 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Captain said you were quickhe's not wrong

#3 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Thanks sworks good to meet you :)

#4 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

looks great

#5 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:39 PM

looks great  

It was mega :) Hope all is well, great place to take that exige!

#6 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Cracking Drive...Really great to watch!

#7 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Good to meet you again Firthy, you were buzzing when I bumped into you and I can see why from the video's. The car's looking very stable and well peddled as usual! How was the 'race car' session? We're the usual track day rules in place or was it more like a test session?

Edited by Captain Vimes, 28 August 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#8 Dan r

Dan r

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Enjoyed watching that... A dream day out!

#9 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

What spec have you got Firthy? Engine: Dampers: Tyres: Geo: Balls: Large

#10 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

Nice driving.

#11 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

Good to meet you again Firthy, you were buzzing when I bumped into you and I can see why from the video's. The car's looking very stable and well peddled as usual! How was the 'race car' session? We're the usual track day rules in place or was it more like a test session?

Yes like wise.... :) The race car session was track day rules. Just quieter than the track day session and the chance to mix with some of the Elise trophy cars. I must admit it was really great being with the faster cars as you never had to come to a complete hault like you have to occasionally on a track day. You could just keep a rhythm all session. The V6's are the perfect speed to let past unlike those pesky radicals!

#12 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

What spec have you got Firthy? Engine: Completely standard engine induction ecu other than Zafira gearbox and full 2.5 inch de cat tullet Dampers: Nitron 46mm 450 - 650 Tyres: Avon ZZR Geo: Back on Track Balls: Large

:)

Edited by Firthy, 29 August 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#13 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Cheers Max :) you'll have to take me out in your car some time. I'm really keen to get a feel for your setup at some stage.

#14 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

Cheers Max :) you'll have to take me out in your car some time. I'm really keen to get a feel for your setup at some stage.

My car is really nothing special amongst the plethora of pimped up SC's & Turdo's around these days. I'd imagine it's very similar to yours, just quicker in a straight line. Apart from that, it's just high maintenance. Keeping a fairly stock car is the way to go & just drive the nuts of it, all the time.

I need to get my last track issue sorted & WI fitted. I'm losing the love for it at the moment... 

#15 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

My car is really nothing special amongst the plethora of pimped up SC's & Turdo's around these days. I'd imagine it's very similar to yours, just quicker in a straight line. Apart from that, it's just high maintenance. Keeping a fairly stock car is the way to go & just drive the nuts of it, all the time.   I need to get my last track issue sorted & WI fitted. I'm losing the love for it at the moment... 
Yes I think you are right Max, I used to ask Mark Penny if he missed the power of his S1 Honda SC, but he didn't really and just enjoyed racing his n/a flat chat. I would like to get a feel for the quantum setup as I know you had 46's and didn't get on with them. So I'd like to experience that setup :)

#16 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

My car is really nothing special amongst the plethora of pimped up SC's & Turdo's around these days. I'd imagine it's very similar to yours, just quicker in a straight line. Apart from that, it's just high maintenance. Keeping a fairly stock car is the way to go & just drive the nuts of it, all the time.   I need to get my last track issue sorted & WI fitted. I'm losing the love for it at the moment... 
Yes I think you are right Max, I used to ask Mark Penny if he missed the power of his S1 Honda SC, but he didn't really and just enjoyed racing his n/a flat chat. I would like to get a feel for the quantum setup as I know you had 46's and didn't get on with them. So I'd like to experience that setup :)

Mark just likes demolition derby & occasionally racing. :lol:

My 46's on my car were no better than my old 40's. In fact, it was worse in areas where it mattered the most. Anyway, that's been said & done by me before. If my quantums leak, I will have no issues in telling people, In fact, if I find anything that I don't honestly believe has worked on my car, I will hold my hands up & say so on this forum. Which brings me nicely back to a 250hp reliable Supercharged track car with no big rear gashes in the bodywork, which, for me is the specification I should have stuck with. Engine goes bang! just throw in another standard one....easy! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users