• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisNo/Swe

ChrisNo/Swe

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

Hi folks

I have to fix an issue with my car, 2 times my car "2.2 SC" have been left out in the rain and both times that resulted in electrical problems.

After it have been out in the rain the throttle respons is wonky, I can usually run the car for a couple km then the EML turns on and the throttle stops responding "at all", car otherwise runs good.

Codes that is shown are: 1635 "5V ref circ" and 1271 "Acc pedal pos sens 1-2 correlation".

What i have done to fix it is to spray contact spray on blue and brown connectors behind expansion tank and also on the connector for the ignition coil rail, check all fuses and remove codes. It took some tries before it was ok again.

I have not been able to spray inside the connectors on the pedalposition sensor nor the throttle position sensor due to me not being able to open the connectors.

Clearly there is something on the car that dont like water, what could it be?

I am thinking that it could be the following, coil rail connector, EGR cheater, blue connector behind expansion tank, the three relays in the trunk?

Seems dry in the front, a bit water in the passenger compartment on the sills "leaks in the top corners on the windscreen" and of course that bonnet is not especially rain proof.  

Anyone have had the same problem and found the source to it?

Cheers

Chris

#2 muckyman

muckyman

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Barmaids

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

On my old 2.2 I had the same issues with those connections.Contact spray solved my issues. The connection by the pedal was a bitch to get at but I did get there with perseverance Did my back in though, lol (see below pic) Have a supercharger now and it lives outside - no issues with rain..

Attached Files

Edited by muckyman, 25 September 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#3 ChrisNo/Swe

ChrisNo/Swe

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

On my old 2.2 I had the same issues with those connections.Contact spray solved my issues.
The connection by the pedal was a bitch to get at but I did get there with perseverance
Did my back in though, lol (see below pic)
Have a supercharger now and it lives outside - no issues with rain..

It is amazingly hard to reach under the dash with dignity, The OBD connector WILL be moved shortly to a location closer to the dash edge. Will dry and spray the connector on the pedal/throttle as well, should not be the pedal though seeing that it is in a safe location from the rain. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tb, no response, eml, rain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users