Emissions Light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 09 May 2003 - 10:36 PM

As previously mentioned, I've had my exhaust replaced as well as having the cat taken out. A week after I had this done that emissions warning light has come on (constant, not blinking). Does anybody know how I can get rid of it? Thanks! Andy. p.s. I promise I'll get pics/video up of new exhaust this weekend! :)

#2 griffo

griffo

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 02:51 PM

There is no real answer to this. I have removed both the pre-cat and the main cat so I ordered a 27 dollar "mOL eliminator" (management light eliminator) from the states which works apparently for Fords (could find nothing for GM products). It's basicly a resistor that is spliced into the signal wire from the downstream O2 sensor. In theory it fools the ECU into thinking the cat is working ok by cutting the output down to about 50 MV -- which a working cat would indicate. Despite all this my light came on at about 100 miles. The guys at Regal (who sold me spare standard exhaust to modify) confirm that MOL eliminatiors dont work cos the ECU is very sophisticated. The good news is that you can just ignore the management light since it does no harm being on. Come service time just disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for about 20 minutes, This will give you another 60 to 100 miles with the light off before it comes on again. cheers Griffo

#3 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for your advice Griffo! To be honest, it's starting to get on my nerves a little bit and so I'm going to have to find a way of turning it off. Is there no way this can be achieved by removing a fuse or popping the bulb? Thanks! Andy.

#4 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:03 PM

I can confirm all that griffo said. I got used to the orange light, I put a lil' black sticky dot on it... :D

#5 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:19 AM

So does this mean that if you have the sports cat and exhaust fitted by Regal the emissions light comes on?

#6 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:49 AM

the remap will turn it off d

#7 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:01 AM

the remap will turn it off
d

Phew! Thanks for that. :D

#8 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:05 AM

a sport kat, 100 or 200-cells, should keep it "legal" with the MIL off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users