• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hi guys been doing lots of reading and I feel that I have potentially made my mind up with carbon lorraine rc5+ pads for my vx with standard calipers. I have ordered a refurb kit for the front ap's, have braided lines, will refresh the fluid but just can't decide now there is the chance of Alistairs group buy. I will prominently use the car on road with one track day booked so far this year. I have 1155s at the moment but don't feel as though they have much bite. Don't want dirty pads or noisy pads? Anyone got any good solid recommdations before I part with my cash. Thanks 👍

#2 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

rc5+ are great on track and road, get some anti rattle pads with them.

Martin S

#3 welderman

welderman

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

How do, ive just changed over to the Cl RC5+ pads on Friday. Had my VX over 12 months now. Got a track day booked end of January.

They are a million time's better than what came off, did about 160 miles yesterday in the crappy weather and they were excellent, the feel was superb. Well impressed.

#4 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

How do, ive just changed over to the Cl RC5+ pads on Friday. Had my VX over 12 months now. Got a track day booked end of January.   They are a million time's better than what came off, did about 160 miles yesterday in the crappy weather and they were excellent, the feel was superb. Well impressed.    

Cheers guys, where did you end up buying from, is it elise parts at £191 for the set?

#5 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

How do, ive just changed over to the Cl RC5+ pads on Friday. Had my VX over 12 months now. Got a track day booked end of January.   They are a million time's better than what came off, did about 160 miles yesterday in the crappy weather and they were excellent, the feel was superb. Well impressed.    

Cheers guys, where did you end up buying from, is it elise parts at £191 for the set?

#6 Crunchie

Crunchie

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things, in lots of different places

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Adam, i had tbese ontbe front and the rc6 on the rear, theyboth ate a set of discs from new. When those are nice alloy belled discs it gets expensive

#7 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

I run Performance friction pads now after driving daveE turbbbbo I chased after the stopping power!

#8 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

You must have a good memory Joe, its a long time since Dave E was on track!! (sorry Dave)

I have 6's all round and run on pagid discs from eurocar parts (about £80 a pair) and just get used to changing pads and discs at the same time.

Martin S

Edited by MartinS, 17 January 2017 - 10:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users