Photo

Impartial Advice Needed - Accident Dash Cam Footage (Not A Vx)

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#41 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

This sounds like a similar scenario I was involved in when someone drove into my old VX then didn't answer their calls or open their letters from their insurance company. 6 months later their insurance company authorised the repairs to my car as they didn't hear anything from their customer. What a jolly nice chap.

I hope yours gets sorted out sooner than that

#42 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

You cost NOW might be lower, BUT if you have to declare a 50/50 claim next year (and for next 5 renewals) then it will harm you. Hence it's worth fighting for it to be classified as nonfault.

True, but past experience has proven that it doesn't matter if your at fault, they charge you more anyways :( 

#43 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

This sounds like a similar scenario I was involved in when someone drove into my old VX then didn't answer their calls or open their letters from their insurance company. 6 months later their insurance company authorised the repairs to my car as they didn't hear anything from their customer. What a jolly nice chap.

I hope yours gets sorted out sooner than that

Doesn't bother me if she doesn't answer her phone, if it was total lose or a case of £££ worth of damage then I would be more pissed off (no doubt like you were!).

#44 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

She might not have reported it because she was disqualified or there was some other problem with her insurance, in which case it might be worth informing the police?

#45 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Ah feel for you Giles, someone ran into the wife last year, not her fault and classed as non fault. This year that incident alone has cost us an extra £75 in car insurance. The whole system is run by crooks and ultimately it's the good honest folk that end up paying out. Try not to waste too much of your time on it dude. Sorry I can't be more positive matey.

#46 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Another update:

The accident management team I had been dealing with "Enterprise", were completely and utterly useless not to mention they told me all the wrong information!  I ended up speaking to y insurance company instead who say "You are not liable for the accident" and when he read out the comments his colleague had written about the dash cam footage he stated "Car was speeding and attempted an overtake narrowly missing a sign"  needless to say Kelly was very pleased they have sided with us.

However, the other party have not taken liability for the accident and we cannot do anything to repair the car as they may still want to investigate the cost of the damage, even tho I told him I've got a front bumper sitting in my lounge, "just needs painting, it's going to cost less than £200 for the repair, how can they complain with that!".

So hopefully in a couple of weeks they will have it all sorted and I can paint and fix the bumper :)

#47 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Ah feel for you Giles, someone ran into the wife last year, not her fault and classed as non fault. This year that incident alone has cost us an extra £75 in car insurance. The whole system is run by crooks and ultimately it's the good honest folk that end up paying out. Try not to waste too much of your time on it dude. Sorry I can't be more positive matey.

Yes I know the feeling, 6 years ago some twat stepped out in front of my van (http://www.vx220.org...rted-very-well/)

Cost me about 50 quid a policy more! When I quizzed the insurance companies they told me "Statistics show you are more likely to have another accident within the next 3 years"  In fairness they were right, I reversed my car into my van, not hard, just a dent, not even any paint transfer!

#48 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Another update:

The accident management team I had been dealing with "Enterprise", were completely and utterly useless not to mention they told me all the wrong information!  I ended up speaking to y insurance company instead who say "You are not liable for the accident" and when he read out the comments his colleague had written about the dash cam footage he stated "Car was speeding and attempted an overtake narrowly missing a sign"  needless to say Kelly was very pleased they have sided with us.

However, the other party have not taken liability for the accident and we cannot do anything to repair the car as they may still want to investigate the cost of the damage, even tho I told him I've got a front bumper sitting in my lounge, "just needs painting, it's going to cost less than £200 for the repair, how can they complain with that!".

So hopefully in a couple of weeks they will have it all sorted and I can paint and fix the bumper :)

Great news, i've been following this thread with interest and it's made me go buy a dash cam.

#49 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Another update:

Great news, i've been following this thread with interest and it's made me go buy a dash cam.

Without the dash cam Kelly would of been blamed, hell I even thought it was her fault until I played back the footage (being on the left side of the car you can never see as much as the driver!), after looking at the footage I realised it couldn't of been her fault, but still wanted some feedback ;)

On another note, a friend wrote his car off back in November, he was adamant it wasn't his fault (despite going into the back of someone).  The police took his dash cam footage and after reviewing it decided it was entirely his fault and charged him for driving without due care attention (or something similar) and ended up on an awareness course.  So certainly for's and against's.

#50 Andydavy

Andydavy

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

If you have name and address then threaten her with small claims action.

#51 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

I don't know why you haven't taken this advice...

If you start getting mucked around I'd recommend getting europa consultants involved. They'll take it on if they agree you're not at fault. http://www.europaconsultants.co.uk

#52 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

I don't know why you haven't taken this advice...

If you start getting mucked around I'd recommend getting europa consultants involved. They'll take it on if they agree you're not at fault. http://www.europaconsultants.co.uk

We aren't being mucked around, well only buy Enterprise by saying that they hadn't been able to get in touch with the 3rd parties insurance's client.  They are now longer handling it.

Our insurance company have explained the "In's and Out's" and I have no issue in waiting for the other party to agree the repair etc... just pissing annoying as the women who we hit was at fault.  Car is drive-able, just a whole in the bumper and a missing indicator cover. 

Insurance companies are just a pain in the arse :( The cheeky gits have given me my new no claims certificate (renewed my insurance on the 9th with a new comany!) with 2 years knocked off it and it says "At Fault".  I rang them to moan and they told me "Until it is settled it will show at fault!"  Luckily Admiral have not asked me for my no claims proof :) (yet!)

Edited by GiGo, 02 February 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#53 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

3 weeks in and you don't seem to be any further forward. That's being mucked around in my book...

Old dear drove into Mrs Foxy's VRS in Tescos carpar. Next day it was collected and suitable equivalent car was dropped off. All done and dusted within 7 days. 3rd party ins was Direct Line. 

Appreciate thats not directly comparable to your case. 

I'd be giving ultimatums and threatening to get Europa on the case.

#54 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

To play devil's advocate here the example I posted about above was handled entirely by Europa Consultants but they weren't able to speed anything up. If the third party just won't respond, there's nothing you can do until their insurance company accept defeat.

The only difference (and it works in your favour) in your situation is that you have dashcam footage which should, in theory, speed things up.

#55 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

The issue is being held up by the other persons insurance.  They are not accepting liability, I assume they know they are defeated so no doubt it's a tactic they play just to keep hold of there money longer!

#56 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

To play devil's advocate here the example I posted about above was handled entirely by Europa Consultants but they weren't able to speed anything up. If the third party just won't respond, there's nothing you can do until their insurance company accept defeat.   The only difference (and it works in your favour) in your situation is that you have dashcam footage which should, in theory, speed things up.

Good to hear all experiences thumbsup

#57 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Ok here we go!

I have chased and chased this now and I have finally got a hold of a copy of the other parties statement and a lovely drawing that I have attached below.  Now then peeps tell me if you think is what happened:

Posted Image

The other party have claimed that Kelly had admitted liability at the scene and that I immediately started hurling abuse at her!  Now I would post the statement but I'm not sure if I should or am allowed too but it is a bit of joke and her version of events are entirely different to mine and contradict the dash cam footage!

So if anyone has any further input I would love to hear it, positive or negative .

Oh and also she is claiming WHIPLASH and has seen a doctor about it! FFS!  If anyone wants to read the witness statement then please feel free to ask for it and I will PM it.

#58 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

Your dashcam footage, proves that image incorrect surely. Thus, end of story, they are lying. Oh and I need a laugh, wing me a PM will you :lol:

#59 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

^^^^^ what Lee said.

Surely the footage confirms exactly what happened (especially verbally)

#60 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

She does know you have dash cam footage and that you're willing to go to court to prove her statement is incorrect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users