• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#21 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

For some reason I never gelled well with the Exige. Pretty to look at for sure but a bit too wanky. :mellow: That the exiges thoughts on you what are you thoughts on the exige ?

#22 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

So where are the pics then Martin? And then Steve, where are the pics of your new car? :P Congrats both; with age you go for the heavier slightly more comfortable car. I don't expect to see you joining the Seloc massive :lol:

#23 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

For some reason I never gelled well with the Exige. Pretty to look at for sure but a bit too wanky. :mellow: That the exiges thoughts on you what are you thoughts on the exige ?

Thanks quote master. sh*t bag.

#24 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Well done Martin, wont be long before we can rename this Exigev6.org thumbsup

Some of know the qualities of the VX can never be overtaken by another simply because it is new and shiny......

Well quite. If I were Martin, I'd hold onto the VX...

#25 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

Interesting comments.  I found that what I missed about the VX was the rawness of it.  For some reason I never gelled well with the Exige. Pretty to look at for sure but a bit too wanky.  :mellow:

I happen to think the Exige is handsome car, sounds great too. But I have to agree with you Goose, the key reason to own a 2nd/fun/weekend car for me (and I expect most of us) is to have something quite different to the normal commuting/shopping car. i.e. raw, visceral, dramatic, noisy etc. The VX220 does this very bigly (<-- It's my latest Trumpism word). It's mainly this reason that I stripped Nipper apart and happily got rid of what little fineness/refinement a VX220 has.

Edited by Nev, 24 January 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#26 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

Pictures are definitely required and jut to let you know I'll be gluing myself to your bumper at every track day :) I'll have to bring the Noble down to yours as a VX, Exige and Noble will look good on the drive while we go for a beer!

#27 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Well done Sir .... You will LOVE it.

Useful link... 

https://www.thelotus...344-v6-exige-s/

:wub:

#28 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

Congrats Martin......welcome to the old man club lol. Just like you I loved my vx and would of kept it if it hadnt got smashed up. Having said that after Jez talked me into trying the V6 exige I havent looked back.....i love this car even more and though heavy can still give them vx,s a run for their money so dont worry you can still have a good battle on track.

Im looking forward to Zandvoort as car will have moved forward by then so will see if can battle with the likes of Lee,s and Chills vx.....who knows.

Am sure you will enjoy the car just as much as you did the vx if not maybe even more so!!

Hopefully i wont be lifting on the straights this year, but beware the vx220 of lees will have moved on a lot, and ive made some less impressive tweeks from last year, 

would like to hear more about your mods if your willing to share 

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]After 14 years of having the most amazing fun and meeting some of the best people ever, it has become time to get a new car.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]I only ever planned having the VX for one summer, but both my girls loved it and, as many of you know, one loved it so much she bought her own VX and like me, loves track days and hanging out with you rabble, so there will always be a VX around in my life. [/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]I've owned the car 14 years now and the car has been kept that long, not just because it was fun, quick and made many bigger more expensive cars look slow but, because of all the amazing people I've met having it. [/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:9pt;"]Its been brilliant and bought a load of pleasure that I had never imagined a car could bring.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]I like the simplicity and purposefulness of the VX, so despite the money spent ,giving me the opportunity to buy many other cars that would be better built, probably just as quick and certainly more comfortable and with better luggage space, I have of course done the stupid thing and bought a Lotus Exige V6 S.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]The real bad news here though is that I fully intend to still hang around with you lot (if you'll still have me) but now, instead of scrapping with you lot on track, I think now, my primary purpose may become that of making many, feel just that little bit more smug, as my expensive, heavy, standard Exige gets overtaken by you. [/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]This will happen, as we have been overtaking V6 Exiges comfortably since they first appeared (see I'm still proud of what a VX does, I cant stop myself!)[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]VX'ers your a wonderful bunch and though its a new era for me, but its one I would very much like to still spend with old friends.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"]Martin S[/font]

sorry to hear your selling but pleased for you that your moving on and should keep you going for a other 14 years  , Also happy your hanging around  :grouphug:

#29 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Is it really that long  :o  I remember when you first bought the car up to TMS, only seems like yesterday.

So now you will be sitting in your deck chair at trackdays chatting about detailing and reminiscing about the good old days when you had a proper car  :gayfight:  

Nice choice of car by the way.

Edited by ianrm, 24 January 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#30 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hadnt posted before about is as was still mulling over the decision before final payment, but this is definitely happening now.

Shame it not as blue as I would have liked, but wasnt a fan of many of the Lotus colours and weirdly I found I really liked this.

My VX will be getting sold some time in the next month I think.

Pictures from the garage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

Well done Martin, wont be long before we can rename this Exigev6.org thumbsup

Some of know the qualities of the VX can never be overtaken by another simply because it is new and shiny......

Well quite. If I were Martin, I'd hold onto the VX...

+1 In the future i will buy a exige v6 but i will NEVER,NEVER,NEVER sell my speedster. It's like a mariage.... hate/love/hate/love.....(like yours)

#32 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hadnt posted before about is as was still mulling over the decision before final payment, but this is definitely happening now.
Shame it not as blue as I would have liked, but wasnt a fan of many of the Lotus colours and weirdly I found I really liked this.
My VX will be getting sold some time in the next month I think.

Pictures from the garage.
Posted Image

Posted Image

........need some kleenex now.......goddamned.......

#33 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

Very very nice Martin. The best colour too.

#34 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Phwoooooooar

#35 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

thumbsup

:wub: That is rather nice

Please don't plastidip this one  :ninja:

Good to hear that you're still going to associate with the likes of us  :P

#36 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

When will the mirrors go green?

#37 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

DTC's ordered?

#38 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

In actually think lime green mirrors could work!  (And so it begins).

Plan to fit a towing eye (they don't have one!!) , get a geo done and once the standard Pirellis are trashed then some Avon zzr's or something similar will go on.

Other than that nothing, its time to just drive and not tweak any more.

Martin S (Still cant believe I'm buying a red car and that a car can actually have a smaller boot than a vx!)

#39 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

its time to just drive and not tweak any more.   Still cant believe a car can actually have a smaller boot than a vx!)    

Yep, it's called "getting old". - Join the club and yes, you would have thought that the battery arrangement on the V6 could have been designed better, but then the VX boot is capable of swallowing amazing amounts of luggage for those Euro trips as well as 2 helmets

#40 Lauren(S)

Lauren(S)

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:Track days, World Endurance Race Series & Vodka!

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

NO GREEN DAD!! DONT RUIN IT HAHA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: martin s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users