Hi, I saw this on Ebay

Vauxhall VXR220 VXT Speedline wheels for sale

from catkinsman

http://www.ebay.co.u...CMAAOSwdGFYvg3q

#2 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

what put me off was the tyres appear to be quite old, DOT code starts 0 - so at least eight year old tyres and not what I would consider to be decent type either. Therefore new tyres = £600

Plus for me they would need refurbing silver, so another £400.

£1.2k + £600 + £400 = £2.2k

Group buy for brand new Speedline rims = £700

£700 + £600 = £1.3k

So £900 cheaper to buy them new, well if the group buy ever happens :lol:

Edited by vocky, 12 March 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#3 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

what put me off was the tyres appear to be quite old, DOT code starts 0 - so at least eight year old tyres and not what I would consider to be decent type either. Therefore new tyres = £600   Plus for me they would need refurbing silver, so another £400.   £1.2k + £600 + £400 = £2.2k   Group buy for brand new Speedline rims = £700   £700 + £600 = £1.3k   So £900 cheaper to buy them new, well if the group buy ever happens :lol:

You've got lovely wheels already.

#4 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

You've got lovely wheels already.

possibly, really need to check what is actually under that grey cover in my garage :blush:

Not driven it on the road since last June, totally lost the love for it. However it is still Taxed, Insured and MOT'd so perhaps it might even leave my driveway sometime this year :lol:

#5 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

possibly, really need to check what is actually under that grey cover in my garage :blush:   Not driven it on the road since last June, totally lost the love for it. However it is still Taxed, Insured and MOT'd so perhaps it might even leave my driveway sometime this year :lol:

If you start driving it you may remember what's to love about a VX220. Take it on a track day or just use it and see how you feel. I could be wrong but personally I get the impression you like to develop it as it's the goal of creating and imagining something special that keeps you interested, now it's done you have less to look forward to. It must be very rewarding to know what you have done. Show it off at car shows, people are drawn to them because most people have forgotten about them or never knew they existed. Don't worry about your paint, only you notice the imperfections and perfect paint brings you no pleasure other than when you clean it. Failing that, donate your engine to me and try something else like a V6 ;)

Edited by gaffer1986, 12 March 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#6 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

It is the most bad ass ITB vx out there, so yeah, it should get some attention.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vxr220

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users