Exhaust Question

larini

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Z Ombie

Mr Z Ombie

• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:World Endurance racing, Le Mans, modding cars, cycling, cider, airbrushing.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick question. It looks like my exhaust is a Larini, back box only although not sure. Is there a way to know if the cat is different to standard? Maybe smaller diameter. Also I'm not sure if the pre cat has been removed. The reason behind these questions is my exhaust seems quiet. I have searched on here and apparently the Larini is quite loud.

Don't want to pull the system apart unless I have to. Does the standard downpipe have a flexi joint in it?

Thanks

Andy

#2 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

not sure what car you have but turbos will be a lot quieter than N/A for two reasons; more cabin insulation and the turbo mutes a lot of sound. That said, stand outside the car while someone else revs (or ideally drives it0 and see if you still think it's quiet.

#3 Mr Z Ombie

Mr Z Ombie

• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:World Endurance racing, Le Mans, modding cars, cycling, cider, airbrushing.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Sorry should have said, it's a 2.2 n/a

#4 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

standard cat will look like this

Posted Image

others will have a smaller cat section.

but, i reiterate, get someone else to drive it while you're outside. I ran a larini for a few years and never found it super loud inside the car, but that's because you're in front of the exhaust. stand by as the car goes past and it's a different story

#5 Mr Z Ombie

Mr Z Ombie

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info and reply

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: larini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users