Just In Process Of Buying!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Talk-torque

Talk-torque

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

After having a Westfield for three years, my son, Rob, and me were after a new project - hopefully something with the attitude and road presence of the Westy, but a little more practical. After trips up a few blind alleys, we decided that a road/track VX220 was the way to go. Pistonheads threw up a few possibles and it also brought our attention to Jonnyboy, who's place is not too far from us. Rob has difficulty finding time off work, but Jon was happy to see us there on a Sunday. He didn't grimace when I admitted that we may well be wasting his time and taught us loads about the VX220s, as well as Lotus exotica, he had in stock. While we were there, Rob fell for a Silver supercharged VX that you may have seen on Jon's list, but I still wasn't totally convinced that this was the way to go. Anyway, after yet another blind alley, and a lot of nagging from Rob, we ended up back at Jon's last Saturday to have a proper look at the Silver car. After we had discussed the history and condition of it, Jon took us both out for a demo. From that point on, basically, the car had sold itself! We agreed on the price, with Jon taking care of a few things that need doing, and we pick it up Wednesday next week! Can't wait! This place has already provided plenty of useful information for the future, with Project Ginge looking like the bible for our next few winters!

#2 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,873 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Welcome, made your first mistake though, turbo is the way to go, at least it's the right colour, not many silver ones around....

#3 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Welcome 👍............to the never ending jealousy of Turbo owners who realised too late that they bought the wrong version 😄😄 Don't despair, we are a friendly bunch really, the site is built on friendly banter 😉 Some of us also have to put up with being classed as outcasts/non desirable beings now that we no longer own a VX😥😥

Edited by PaulCP, 23 May 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#4 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

Welcome!

Project JG is also one worth reading

#5 Talk-torque

Talk-torque

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! Currently clearing and sorting the garage to accomodate the new guest - and to take my mind off the dragging time. Went s/c partly because the thing just feels so bloody raw, and that whistle - aah, can't wait! I will look for Project JG, thank you.

#6 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Welcome to the club, you will have no regrets.    thumbsup

Get ready to re-mortgage your house  Ha Ha

#7 Talk-torque

Talk-torque

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Welcome to the club, you will have no regrets.    thumbsup   Get ready to re-mortgage your house  Ha Ha

Yes, the "partnership" with my son amounts to him having the ideas and me paying the bills, but I'm looking forward to having a proper road/track car, as well as an ongoing project. ;-)

#8 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

Enjoy

you cant vgo wrong with a Jonnyboy car, I part exchanged a VX for a VX with him nearly 4 years ago, he still whimpers when I mention LY85 to him

Enjoy the smiles and miles, with the rattles, the cold, leaving the locking wheel nut in the bonnet and the bonnet pull breaks..etc etc..

HH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users