• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 H1 HWK

H1 HWK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Afternoon All, After a great trip to Monaco last year, will be heading out to Milan on Thursday in readiness for the Monza race on the weekend. We have tickets for the 3 days in piscina stand as I wanted to have a chance of seeing some racing this year (General admission in Monaco was a learning experience, fun but not fantastic views). I've been reading as much as possible in terms of what to expect with transport from Milan (we have an air bnb in Brera) to the track and the long walk to the stands etc, but if anyone here has first hand knowledge and any hints or tips, it would be appreciated. Sounds like the Italians don't mind you bringing in a few tinnies, so I'm liking the sound of it already, Thanks in advance, Mark

#2 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

I'm also heading out there. Going Friday though and have seats inside parabolica. Not sure where our Air B&b is as my brother has sorted it.

#3 H1 HWK

H1 HWK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Nice, have you been before? Just looking at the weather and it's looking poor on Friday & Saturday now... Sunday still fine though ☺️

#4 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

I went about 15 years ago. Arrived early and went for a walk around the track afterwards so left late. Traffic not especially bad then.

#5 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

Nice, have you been before? Just looking at the weather and it's looking poor on Friday & Saturday now... Sunday still fine though ☺️

I've never watched any F1 live at all. My brothers been to Spa but not Monza before. Wet should make it a little more spicy.we don't get there until friday evening so won't see FP1+2

#6 H1 HWK

H1 HWK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hey Zoobeef, hope you enjoyed? It was tragic on Saturday with all the rain, saw the first 3 minute qualifying and the crash, but then called it a day after the multiple 15 min delays, as the rain/track was so bad I didn't expect them to get back out. Brave driving in those conditions as the cars were kicking up so much water on the straight. Lovely day yesterday though, managed to get down into the track after the winners ceremony which was a bit scary but good fun. Still in Italy and heading home tomorrow after a good, long, wet, tiring trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users