• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

Stop being so middle class. Pack the Horses off for the week and enjoy free vip tickets. Could be a lot of fun. If it's sh*t complain next year. If you get spare tickets I'll come :D

Jon I wish i could, and I hope your suggestion is tounge in cheek.... a bit of serious stuff Jon

..they had a trial run last year with just 500 people..

..at 3:30 in the morning we found people sleeping in our hay barn who were about to set it alight...the police were called then....

Glass all over our paddocks that took weeks to completetly clear....along with the rubbish that was left

This time its 5000.....a NIMBY I am not, just protecting what I own.....

effectively it will mean we cannot go about our daily life for at least a week without constant fear of a major incident...

#22 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

Then make your appeal constructive. I, Harry Hornet, Approve if this concert ONLY if the following conditions are met: Secure fencing on perimeter Noise curfew Etc Etc This is due to the trial run, held on xx/xx when we had to call the police due to.... Barns being burnt Glass in field

#23 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

Things you should never say on the internet: 1. Please dont spam my thread. I take it they are paying your costs of moving horses etc? You should also ask for security on your land. How many VXers can you put up?

#24 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

Can you make some decent money with using your space a a parking lot?

#25 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Tell them that, given the mess after the last effort, you will be charging them for any cleaning up necessary after this event and you will be employing professional operators to do that job.  You will also be presenting them with the bill and you will expect it to be met.  I think that is an entirely reasonable position and you would be well within your rights to make that demand.  Do say that in writing before the event though as that gives them notice and stops them holding up their hands and looking surprised afterwards.  The Small Claims Court would then deal with any unpaid bills or invoices, they are reasonably quick and not expensive.

#26 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

Surely if you are that close to the action the organisers should be in direct contact with you asking what you need? They should be proactively trying to make sure they limit paging objections. If they are professional they should be able to do it.

#27 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Tell them that, given the mess after the last effort, you will be charging them for any cleaning up necessary after this event and you will be employing professional operators to do that job.  You will also be presenting them with the bill and you will expect it to be met.  I think that is an entirely reasonable position and you would be well within your rights to make that demand.  Do say that in writing before the event though as that gives them notice and stops them holding up their hands and looking surprised afterwards.  The Small Claims Court would then deal with any unpaid bills or invoices, they are reasonably quick and not expensive.

Before anything I would get the organisers to agree in writing to pay for everything you require directly themselves. Paying out of your own pocket then having to claim costs back could end up in a nightmare, what if the company is dissolved, doesn't make enough money form the festival etc. afterwards? How would you get your money back then?

#28 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Before anything I would get the organisers to agree in writing to pay for everything you require directly themselves. Paying out of your own pocket then having to claim costs back could end up in a nightmare, what if the company is dissolved, doesn't make enough money form the festival etc. afterwards? How would you get your money back then?

I'd be hiring my own security on that basis as well unless you take up Foxy's idea

#29 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hire foxy as security. Just tell them anyone entering your land works for wren kitchens

#30 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Embrace it and make a load of money out of it. Send the horses to Cornwall so they can swim in the sea etc and you avoid the week of not being able to leave. Win

#31 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Then make your appeal constructive. I, Harry Hornet, Approve if this concert ONLY if the following conditions are met: Secure fencing on perimeter Noise curfew Etc Etc This is due to the trial run, held on xx/xx when we had to call the police due to.... Barns being burnt Glass in field

Thanks Lee, I have every agency I can think about working on this including very good conatcts with the police and the Planning dept of the council, but they have to work inside their own boundaries. At the moment my list of topics is over 30 disinct poiints, CBT, Sniffer dogs for terrorist attacks etc.  Plus all the normal stuff.

What I am after is the real killer one that somebody who has this kind of problem before has thought of..even down to proof there is an endangered plant!

Things you should never say on the internet: 1. Please dont spam my thread. I take it they are paying your costs of moving horses etc? You should also ask for security on your land. How many VXers can you put up?

They have no contact what so ever with me. We fell out a few years ago

But seriously...I can put up as many VXer's as who will turn up and help...Ive worked out I need 12, 3 each to break down on the approach roads to cause chaos...then the cars can get to within  40 meters of the main stage, and only 5 yards from the camping area!!

Also 12 people would cause disruption by continually walking across a right of way footpath straight through the middle of the sight...food, beer and bed all supplied...but this is vindictive..Im after a solution to stop it dead

Can you make some decent money with using your space a a parking lot?

On sight parking Im afraid with tickets, also will cause me headaches with the horses..

Mitch, this guy is an arsehole, no contact what so ever over the years...he has one thing in mind which is dosh, and just walks over any one in his way....but if it goes ahead I will look into payment for own security thanks for the idea

Ive also thought of getting HMRC involved into where all the money goes

Surely if you are that close to the action the organisers should be in direct contact with you asking what you need? They should be proactively trying to make sure they limit paging objections. If they are professional they should be able to do it.

I wish he would Jon... but As stated above..this guy is an arsehole and has been since he moved in 20 years ago, never informs what is going on, we have had many previous incidents over the years, this is now the biggest....as Slindy would say..he is a cuntpuffin ......the setting up is a bit  amaturish, spend little make lots..

Ian....thanks good idea...but then they would want to deliver...they promised alot last year in the trial run...nothing materialised...at least I have that in writing which I will using in the objection this year...

I'd be hiring my own security on that basis as well unless you take up Foxy's idea

yep Jules...but I want to stop it happening....do you know any pikies that would like a good site to encamp?

Thanks all for looking...even Slindy and Joe...I know you will be first on the list to help if it comes to sending the boys round..

#32 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

You sound like an awful neighbour

#33 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

I'm totally going to this festival, sounds like it'll be ace.

#34 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

LOL, it wouldn't surprise me if you did!  

#35 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Farrfest or wilkestock? Farrfest looks epic!

#36 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Newts are protected, what if you were to find some?

Rare plants, you could always plant some or scatter some seeds?

Oh and Watford lost again.

#37 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:54 AM

You sound like an awful neighbour

..I will moving next door to you soon Joe, you have been warned...

..going on the bands from last year...I wouldnt bother...none of them got paid !!

Farrfest or wilkestock? Farrfest looks epic!

..for what is it is worth it is...Sa*********.. ...search is your friend....

Newts are protected, what if you were to find some?

Rare plants, you could always plant some or scatter some seeds?

Oh and Watford lost again.

..and barn owls, bats, badgers, red kite, hedgerows, nesting sites for grey partridge...I have them all covered...

...Watford losing!...nothing new there......perhaps I could get hem to play at the festival..that would certainly entertain the crowd...not !

#38 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

Newts are protected

and not as rare as they make out they are :ninja:

#39 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

should this not be put in the meets area of org  :D

#40 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

Cough *annonymous bomb threat* cough. For those without a sense of humour I am obviously joking. However a reasonably well powered trembler coil should give lots of interference they won't be able to get rid of. If only it were a directional effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users