Photo

Back Once Again

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ben95c

Ben95c

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:PREVIOUS - 2.2NA - ELISE 1.6 - 4C COUPE - Z4 E89 - VX TURBO - TO BE CONTINUED...

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

2 years and 4 cars later I have jumped back into a VX220  :D a few minor bits to sort (seat slider not locking into place!) but once I'm back on the road I'm happy to drive/meet with anyone in Cumbria/Scottish Borders . Glad to be back  thumbsup

Attached Files

• Attached File  vx.jpg   174.98KB   15 downloads

#2 H1 HWK

H1 HWK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:56 PM

renegade master, welcome back,

looks good thumbsup

#3 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

Nice looking VX. Welcome back.

#4 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:06 PM

renegade master..

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that! :D

Welcome back, OP!

#5 Ben95c

Ben95c

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:PREVIOUS - 2.2NA - ELISE 1.6 - 4C COUPE - Z4 E89 - VX TURBO - TO BE CONTINUED...

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

Thanks everyone, it's great to be back  :happy:

#6 Mcollings

Mcollings

• 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

Hi there, lovely looking vx, I am also based in Cumbria, Brampton and Carlisle. Where abouts are you? Was wondering where best to take my vx220 turbo in Cumbria. Can you recommend anywhere? I'm having intermittent boost issues which may be a stuck actuator or something but I've no mechanic skills. Cheers, Matthew

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

#7 Ben95c

Ben95c

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

Hi there, lovely looking vx, I am also based in Cumbria, Brampton and Carlisle. Where abouts are you? Was wondering where best to take my vx220 turbo in Cumbria. Can you recommend anywhere? I'm having intermittent boost issues which may be a stuck actuator or something but I've no mechanic skills. Cheers, Matthew

Hi Matthew, yours doesn't happen to be the blue turbo which I saw pulling into Bristol Street Vauxhall this morning does it? 

From Brampton there are some good routes to Hartside or up to Kielder. I'm in Upperby, Carlisle.

I'm with you with the no mechanical skills, luckily I work for Lloyd Volvo so have access to ramps and technicians. Anything VX/Lotus specific though and there are some helpful local contacts.

Cheers, Ben

#8 Mcollings

Mcollings

• 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Hi Ben

Yes that is the one! Small world. I thought I would test the water with them and see how they get on. Is there anyone local you would recommend?

Cheers

Matthew

#9 Ben95c

Ben95c

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

It's the first time I've ever seen another in the area, I had to take a second glance!

"VX220BOB" on the forum has helped with with a few bits, he's based in Penrith. He offers good advice to me and works on my car when needed for a bit of beer money. He has a Europa now but had a VX previously and knows his stuff.

As far as main dealers go, I've used Bristol Street for parts before and they were brilliant but I've never used their workshop. I've had mixed experiences using David Hayton Lotus with my Elise.

My mobile number is 07949483514 if you have whatsapp I can keep in contact.

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users