Tcs Traction Control System - All Model

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#161 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

Question for whoever bought the traction control. Are you all planning to remap your car afterwards? Sorry to raise it now, but my lack of knowledge didn't let me understand that this could come up although I read the manual..

#162 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

Question for whoever bought the traction control. Are you all planning to remap your car afterwards? Sorry to raise it now, but my lack of knowledge didn't let me understand that this could come up although I read the manual..

I have one of Steve maps, I'm assuming it is simple for him to map out, I'll ask

#163 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:29 AM

Steve offers lifetime support for his maps I believe

#164 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

Sorry , I have not been involved in the thread, how many people with turbos are we talking about on the day with the problem?

Currently the normal behaviour is misfire detection is active between two ranges, 520 upto 6320 rpm.

Changing this may have unexpected consequences, so it would need testing and even then I can make no promises on the TCS safety.

#165 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

What undesired consequences are you thinking of? 

Prolonged misfire is hard to get unnoticed, as you lose a lot of HP (one cyl misfire ~25% power lost).  

Misfire detection window could be limited to 2500rpm range, this would be a compromise. Below 2500rpm turbo cars do not have the torque, so TCS won't be interfering anyway and TCS  has RPM limit, below which it doesn't operate 

Edited by RaceTCS, 16 October 2018 - 03:25 PM.

#166 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

Considering the latest update, I have decided to step out. If anyone wants the TCS (and my slot) pm me. If none is interested, I will come on Saturday to collect it.

#167 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

It looks like there is some panic over nothing :). If more people want to drop out, i have nothing against it. It is your car and if you have any concerns, this is your choice. 

Personally i own a saab with b207 engine (similar to z22se) , it has been running for a year at 300bhp and experienced random misfire. It took me a year to diagnose the issue (car was bifuel which complicated things), replacing all the cheap parts 1st, i ended up replacing ignition coils. Misfire was gone. Engine has done 15000 km with misfire around 4500-5500rpm on 1.4 bar of boost. Because of CEL i disabled misfire diagnosis and run a car for very long time like that. So my personal experience shows that it causes no harm. I do not understand why misfire detection being disabled will cause issues, as i have never experienced a problem caused by it. In my life i had melted a piston, had few spun bearings, so my experience is a bit wider than avarage sunday driver :)

Sport ecus have no misfire detection because it is mainly for emission control and preserving the catalyst (unburnt fuel will cause catalyst overheat). If you have stock catalyst (ceramic, not metallic) and have misfire detection off, and have a huge misfire (due to broken ignition coil or spark plug), it might damage the cat in the long run.  Apart from that i personally see no issues. 

Edited by RaceTCS, 16 October 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#168 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

I contacted a colleague who is running stage 1 VX220 turbo with RaceTCS. In 6 months time ha had CEL pop up once due to launch control. Apart from that , no CEL even though it was not disabled in ecu. 

#169 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

I'm assuming if the TCS is fitted it can be disabled? I still plan to fit it.

#170 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:36 AM

I am with you Ivor, I am still happy to go ahead.

If there is an issue further down the line, someone should be able to tweak the map to correct it, sounds like Courtenay have a done a few for Racelogic TC owners.

Hopefully it will just be an email exercise for those happy to lift and install their own maps. If the error only crops up once in a while, you should only need to power cycle the ignition to reinitiate the disabled injector/s.

#171 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

Most probable DTC is random misfire, as the fuel cut does not happen on one injector , but it is random. I think that you can worry about that misfire detection if it turns out to be an issue. 

It has to be mentioned in the manual though, because some cars are more picky  than the others.

Edited by RaceTCS, 17 October 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#172 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

We have spoken to a few owners who already have TCS fitted and they have not had to remap or had any issues.

As Jacek is also offering a money back guarantee (minus shipping costs) for the first 30 days also really what is to lose?

Sorry that we saw a couple drop out last minute over what appears to be no issue...

Remmeber, Racelogic was in excess of £1k fitted...

#173 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

I do have one quick question about the install:

Where is the control unit itself going to be mounted? (sorry if it's already been mentioned :blush:)

I have an amp that will be living behind the passenger seat, so hoping there is a little 'flexibility' in the mounting location.

#174 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

Anywhere suitable :).It can even be in engine compartment if you like. Finding a common location will be beneficial, because we can prepare the wires , cut them to length and crimp required connectors beforehand to make installation a bit quicker. We can cut wires with additional length, so you can relocate it later if you like. 

We will keep you up to date on friday evening, when we do 1st install with turbo boy :).

#175 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

Anywhere suitable :).It can even be in engine compartment if you like. Finding a common location will be beneficial, because we can prepare the wires , cut them to length and crimp required connectors beforehand to make installation a bit quicker. We can cut wires with additional length, so you can relocate it later if you like. 

We will keep you up to date on friday evening, when we do 1st install with turbo boy :).

Perfect!

Thanks Jacek.

#176 Sinatra21

Sinatra21

• 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

I'm thinking of taking Rabbidog's unit and fitting time but i have a few questions due to the lateness of the booking.  Firstly, are the units at the garage in Leicester as i'm not sure it would get to me in time if not.  Secondly, i'm working until Sunday so would not have time to prep the car in anyway, would this pose any issues?  I'm only about an hour away so getting to the garage is not an issue for 9am.

The extra wires etc, have these been bulk ordered or have people done this themselves?  Again i doubt i'd have time to get them ordered and delivered in time if not.

i have a sc car with dutch software so i'm not worried about the issue stated earlier in the thread as i can turn it off (if its not already)

Thanks

Paul

#177 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

I'm thinking of taking Rabbidog's unit and fitting time but i have a few questions due to the lateness of the booking.  Firstly, are the units at the garage in Leicester as i'm not sure it would get to me in time if not.  Secondly, i'm working until Sunday so would not have time to prep the car in anyway, would this pose any issues?  I'm only about an hour away so getting to the garage is not an issue for 9am.

The extra wires etc, have these been bulk ordered or have people done this themselves?  Again i doubt i'd have time to get them ordered and delivered in time if not.

i have a sc car with dutch software so i'm not worried about the issue stated earlier in the thread as i can turn it off (if its not already)

Thanks

Paul

All units are sitting at RLM, the group buy installation includes all required wiring.

#178 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

Thanks

Paul

We will know more on friday evening, as we go through the whole process. If you do not live that far, i believe we can be "on call" on saturday and see how things progress, then plan the schedule. 

All units with wires and required connectors are all in RLM as Rabbidog mentioned, so if you take Rabbidog spot, all the hardware is in there. 

#179 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

Dear all,

Just a day or so to go now so useful to re-cap.

Please do your best to remove the seat and handbrake cover prior to installation.

The location is RLM Racing, Fernie Court, Station Rd, Uppingham, Oakham, LE15 9US

£100 cash to be paid on the day for installation to Jacek please. He isn’t making money from the parts or from labour, only covering his cost in this one off group buy remember.

Please be on time for your slot so it does not have a negative effect on everyone else. I suspect that there may be some running over anyway so we do our best to minimise further impact.

Do we have any willing volunteers to create the work instruction for the DIY guys? (I will cover on the Sundaya if not)

Here is the finalised list again:

Friday.

Trial fit by Turboboy and Jacek

Sat

9am - Ash
11am - Diesel
1pm - Nev
3pm - Titan
5pm - Ayresyy

Sun

9am - Was Rabbidog now Under purchase
11am - Gadget2